Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adi9692
Punch Card
Views: 584
Message 1 of 10

Fast charging not working

I need a fix reply from motorola, if for model moto one power,fast charging using company standard provided turbo charger has stopped working as on date ie 07.04.2019.Prehaps,this problem has come after march update or pie but i am starting to feel this pain now.

For me,i have 2 hours in morning which i had been sparing to charge my device .It always helped me get 85%-91% in 2 hours but now i can achieve upto 70%.

I tried to test using an app called ampere.

If i charge my device as first thing in morning ,it accepts fast charging giving somewhere upto 3100 milli ampere.

If i use screen for a fraction of time,fast charging goes back to 1500 milli ampere.

For rest it charges at same current.

If i decide to wait for 15 min ie letting phone sleep and then start to charge,sometimes again it picks fastcharging and other times it doesnot.

To sumup,in normal charging method or at any random chosen time,phone attempts fast charging but is unable to keep momentum going.So fastcharging generally now is not working.Further readings reveal that these issues have been part of pixel devices recently also.What is moto take in it now ?.I have a clear statement.If this issue remains unfixed in coming update,i i will not tolerate and device will be given to service center.If service center does not accepts,i will sell it.

I do not take this as moto fault primarily but google.This level of irresponsibilty is least expected by company and they are thinking to march to android Q.Secondary ,its moto fault to not do proper checks.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 566
Message 2 of 10

Re: Fast charging not working

@adi9692 wrote:

I need a fix reply from motorola, if for model moto one power,fast charging using company standard provided turbo charger has stopped working as on date ie 07.04.2019.Prehaps,this problem has come after march update or pie but i am starting to feel this pain now.

For me,i have 2 hours in morning which i had been sparing to charge my device .It always helped me get 85%-91% in 2 hours but now i can achieve upto 70%.

I tried to test using an app called ampere.

If i charge my device as first thing in morning ,it accepts fast charging giving somewhere upto 3100 milli ampere.

If i use screen for a fraction of time,fast charging goes back to 1500 milli ampere.

For rest it charges at same current.

If i decide to wait for 15 min ie letting phone sleep and then start to charge,sometimes again it picks fastcharging and other times it doesnot.

To sumup,in normal charging method or at any random chosen time,phone attempts fast charging but is unable to keep momentum going.So fastcharging generally now is not working.Further readings reveal that these issues have been part of pixel devices recently also.What is moto take in it now ?.I have a clear statement.If this issue remains unfixed in coming update,i i will not tolerate and device will be given to service center.If service center does not accepts,i will sell it.

I do not take this as moto fault primarily but google.This level of irresponsibilty is least expected by company and they are thinking to march to android Q.Secondary ,its moto fault to not do proper checks.

It sounds like some app(s) is running and using power while charging. Keep in mind that ampere is not actually measuring the current coming in - measuring amps supplied by charger requires an ammeter. 

Try in safe mode, if that fails to work better, then try a reset and test before installing or restoring any software. If that still fails, then a visit to the service center is your next step. 

To reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
adi9692
Punch Card
Views: 559
Message 3 of 10

No ,i think there is some AI sensing introduced in one of updates which is allowing fastcharging device only if voltage is < 4.0V.

Secondly user must have been not using his device recently.Example i am working on my android and suddenly i put same on charging,it doesnot fastcharges.But if i keep it idle for 10-15 min,then i put to charge it directly picks fastcharge.Now suppose while charging i attend a call,it goes back to normal charging and still in sleep mode it retains slow charging ever since.

At other times,i even noticed as today i didnot even touched my mobile for 2 hours exactly and still i found it charging only 70% so something really bad has gone after update.Lot of if(s) and but(s) has made fastcharging of no use on this mobile.And eventually above all ,when one attain 100% charge ,atleast i dont remember it charging fully less than 2 hours 35 minutes and this figure i believe is best ever i could catch.My question is : Is this what moto calls turbocharging ??.

I would never pick my mobile to leave for office without seeing it is not 100% as i too have many ifs and buts.I couldnot catch accurate SOT and battery usage stats if i fail to ever charge 100%.I dont care if its good for my battery or not.

So with 2 hours 35 min charge time,i do not see a reason what should stop me not to switch to a mobile with a moderately better battery capacity like 4000 mah without fastcharging and still not using a USB type C cable and even then fully charging mobile in 2 hours 10 min.I am pointing to redmi note 5 pro.If 2 hours 35 min is stats which convinces moto that they are delivering a fast charging device ,then something is badly wrong at your desk.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 500
Message 4 of 10

@adi9692 wrote:

No ,i think there is some AI sensing introduced in one of updates which is allowing fastcharging device only if voltage is < 4.0V.

Secondly user must have been not using his device recently.Example i am working on my android and suddenly i put same on charging,it doesnot fastcharges.But if i keep it idle for 10-15 min,then i put to charge it directly picks fastcharge.Now suppose while charging i attend a call,it goes back to normal charging and still in sleep mode it retains slow charging ever since.

At other times,i even noticed as today i didnot even touched my mobile for 2 hours exactly and still i found it charging only 70% so something really bad has gone after update.Lot of if(s) and but(s) has made fastcharging of no use on this mobile.And eventually above all ,when one attain 100% charge ,atleast i dont remember it charging fully less than 2 hours 35 minutes and this figure i believe is best ever i could catch.My question is : Is this what moto calls turbocharging ??.

I would never pick my mobile to leave for office without seeing it is not 100% as i too have many ifs and buts.I couldnot catch accurate SOT and battery usage stats if i fail to ever charge 100%.I dont care if its good for my battery or not.

So with 2 hours 35 min charge time,i do not see a reason what should stop me not to switch to a mobile with a moderately better battery capacity like 4000 mah without fastcharging and still not using a USB type C cable and even then fully charging mobile in 2 hours 10 min.I am pointing to redmi note 5 pro.If 2 hours 35 min is stats which convinces moto that they are delivering a fast charging device ,then something is badly wrong at your desk.

Hi.

Have to disagree here. This is a 5,000 mAp battery and 2 hours, 35 minutes is fast charging time. Redmi Note 5 Pro battery is 4,000 mAp, so yeah, it's possible that it will charge faster.

Motorola TurboPower charges fastest at lowest battery levels, then the charging rate slows as the battery fills. 

I personally recommend charging overnight so that you always have a full battery to start the day.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
adi9692
Punch Card
Views: 435
Message 5 of 10

Finally solved !!.Fast charging has link with device temperature.If device temperature exceed 38 deg battery temperature then fast charging is not initiating.I have checked fast charging initiating only if range of battery percentage is 0-78%.If you have summers,charge in AC or let device cool up to 32-34 deg.Then put to charge.

In india default temperature of device is 40 deg in New Delhi as per room temperature.Now with these many if and buts how will fastcharging exist.

Lastly,battery level in range of 78% to 90% happen in 1200 to 1500 milli Ampere.Expect 55% charge to happen in 1 hour and 85%-91% in next 2 hours.Now from 91%-100%, it takes full 35 min to another hour and showing variation of 100% charge with range to 2 hours 35 min to 3 hours complete across indian subcontinent.

This 90%-100% charge must be moto hitpoint for improving battery life.You need your phone cool but not that cool !.

It could be up to 98% continuing in 1500 milliA and then slowing upto 1000 ma in last 2%.

Highlighted
Motorola Admin
Views: 313
Message 6 of 10

@adi9692 wrote:

Finally solved !!.Fast charging has link with device temperature.If device temperature exceed 38 deg battery temperature then fast charging is not initiating.I have checked fast charging initiating only if range of battery percentage is 0-78%.If you have summers,charge in AC or let device cool up to 32-34 deg.Then put to charge.

In india default temperature of device is 40 deg in New Delhi as per room temperature.Now with these many if and buts how will fastcharging exist.

Lastly,battery level in range of 78% to 90% happen in 1200 to 1500 milli Ampere.Expect 55% charge to happen in 1 hour and 85%-91% in next 2 hours.Now from 91%-100%, it takes full 35 min to another hour and showing variation of 100% charge with range to 2 hours 35 min to 3 hours complete across indian subcontinent.

This 90%-100% charge must be moto hitpoint for improving battery life.You need your phone cool but not that cool !.

It could be up to 98% continuing in 1500 milliA and then slowing upto 1000 ma in last 2%.

Yes, fast-charging is related to temperature. If the external temperature is hot it can slow the rate of charging. This is deliberate for several reasons, including reducing owner concerns about a hot phone. 

We're comfortable with how this is currently set up. Thanks.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
adi9692
Punch Card
Views: 285
Message 7 of 10

Typically, i have regarded moto fast charging best in smartphone industry.But current trend shows that battery of size 5000 mah recently released by samsung on their M series 20,30 charges in < 2 hours 15 min.

Further i dont see any reason what should prevent moto from not overcoming/improving charge time through a new update.If this news recently gets into addition that moto oneopower charges now in 2 hours 10 min,believe me many would think twice to buy this.SD636 is even alive today and expected in newnew smartphones like Redmi Y3 and so this could give a good competition.Rest,its moto outlook.

But ,to me even just now keeping the mobile in ac and then shifting to room temperature charged it in 3 hours 10 min.

Because due to heat of charging temperature of battery rose of 32 deg to 39 in matter of hour and from there fastcharging got nullified.What should we say ?.Fastcharging not for India ?

Motorola Admin
Views: 215
Message 8 of 10

@adi9692 wrote:

Typically, i have regarded moto fast charging best in smartphone industry.But current trend shows that battery of size 5000 mah recently released by samsung on their M series 20,30 charges in < 2 hours 15 min.

Further i dont see any reason what should prevent moto from not overcoming/improving charge time through a new update.If this news recently gets into addition that moto oneopower charges now in 2 hours 10 min,believe me many would think twice to buy this.SD636 is even alive today and expected in newnew smartphones like Redmi Y3 and so this could give a good competition.Rest,its moto outlook.

But ,to me even just now keeping the mobile in ac and then shifting to room temperature charged it in 3 hours 10 min.

Because due to heat of charging temperature of battery rose of 32 deg to 39 in matter of hour and from there fastcharging got nullified.What should we say ?.Fastcharging not for India ?

Why don't you give us your IMEI, as requested, and let us investigate?

- Matt

adi9692
Punch Card
Views: 166
Message 9 of 10

Because i know the reason and have explained same that fastcharging cuts after 37 deg C.

Motorola Admin
Views: 75
Message 10 of 10

@adi9692 wrote:

Because i know the reason and have explained same that fastcharging cuts after 37 deg C.

Then we can't help.

- Matt

Top Kudoed Authors