Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jetpack83
Fanfold Paper
Views: 317
Message 1 of 13

GPS not working properly

Hi,

I recently bought a Motorola One (XT1941-3) phone, it came with Android Oreo. I use my phone when I run using an app called Endomondo, also I use Waze and Google Maps frequently.

Since I bought it and since the update to Android Pie, GPS was working properly and very accurate, but last month I received two security updates and I guess these are the reason GPS is not working anymore.

The mentioned apps are having issues of GPS connectivity and accuracy, it is really annoying.

The current Android version I have is this:

Android Version: 9

Current Version: PPKS29.68-16-21-2

Security Patch Level: January 1, 2019

I don't know if there is any workaround for this problem or just have to wait for Google to send the next patch in order to get this fixed. 

Hope you can help me.

Thanks again.

Cfg4
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 301
Message 2 of 13

Re: GPS not working properly

my tava stopped after I put in the energy economy

Família moto G
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 285
Message 3 of 13

@jetpack83 wrote:

Hi,

I recently bought a Motorola One (XT1941-3) phone, it came with Android Oreo. I use my phone when I run using an app called Endomondo, also I use Waze and Google Maps frequently.

Since I bought it and since the update to Android Pie, GPS was working properly and very accurate, but last month I received two security updates and I guess these are the reason GPS is not working anymore.

The mentioned apps are having issues of GPS connectivity and accuracy, it is really annoying.

The current Android version I have is this:

Android Version: 9

Current Version: PPKS29.68-16-21-2

Security Patch Level: January 1, 2019

I don't know if there is any workaround for this problem or just have to wait for Google to send the next patch in order to get this fixed. 

Hope you can help me.

Thanks again.

Hi.

Can you provide more details about the issue's you are having? What kind of accuracy and connectivity issues? Do they happen in all conditions or are there specific activities/places/situations where you see them?

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
jetpack83
Fanfold Paper
Views: 274
Message 4 of 13

With Google Maps and Waze, GPS never sync, and if it does, it just syncs for about 30 seconds to 2 minutes and the routes keep re-calculating.

With Endomondo (the app I use to track my running progress) is ever worst because it syncs but not accurately (see pics attached)

When it refers to location, GPS sync normally. The issue starts when moving or when the app needs to keep track of my movement.

Basically these three apps are the only apps I use where GPS is critical.

Motorola Admin
Views: 254
Message 5 of 13

@jetpack83 wrote:

With Google Maps and Waze, GPS never sync, and if it does, it just syncs for about 30 seconds to 2 minutes and the routes keep re-calculating.

With Endomondo (the app I use to track my running progress) is ever worst because it syncs but not accurately (see pics attached)

When it refers to location, GPS sync normally. The issue starts when moving or when the app needs to keep track of my movement.

Basically these three apps are the only apps I use where GPS is critical.

Thanks, very helpful.

Before we get into it too deeply, let's check the basics and make sure the phone is set up properly. 

• Go to Settings > Security & Location.
  • Scroll down to Privacy and make sure under "Location" it says "On."
  • Click on Location to turn it On, if needed.
  • Once in the Location menu, click the Advanced arrow to see more options.
  • Make sure Google Location Accuracy is turned on.
  • Then go back up that page a bit to App-level permissions and click on that.
  • Make sure Location permissions are toggled on for each of these three apps you use.

Let me know if any of these steps help.

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
jetpack83
Fanfold Paper
Views: 248
Message 6 of 13

I already checked the configuration for these apps and checked the Google Location Accuracy, I did all of this before coming here and post. 

I have never had a problem with my phone and the GPS, I gave permissions to the apps in order to get them to work properly.

Thanks for your help.

Motorola Admin
Views: 202
Message 7 of 13

@jetpack83 wrote:

I already checked the configuration for these apps and checked the Google Location Accuracy, I did all of this before coming here and post. 

I have never had a problem with my phone and the GPS, I gave permissions to the apps in order to get them to work properly.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks. One other thing that's an easy check. Go to Settings > Moto Help > Hardware test > GPS. If it fails there, it will need to be repaired.

If it passes, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

I'll see what the next recommendation is.

- Matt

jetpack83
Fanfold Paper
Views: 190
Message 8 of 13

Hello,

I did what you asked me to do in your first reply and tested the phone with Uber, Waze and Endomondo (running) and it worked great (as usual).

However, today I saw your last reply and did the Moto help full HW test, I don't know if it failed but I got a message at the end saying: "0 satellites are connected with your GPS receiver". At the end for the test, it said I might need to contact them to know how to get it fixed.

I also checked the Motorola Privacy and every option there is on. 

My profile is now complete as you requested.

Thank you very much for you help.

Mark811
802.11n
Views: 180
Message 9 of 13

@jetpack83

Just a check that you did the GPS hardware test while outside or at least on the window sill if inside.  Mine fails the test if inside the house, but passes fine when outside.

jetpack83
Fanfold Paper
Views: 177
Message 10 of 13

Thanks for the advise, I will do
Top Kudoed Authors