Did you mean: 
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 95
Message 11 of 13

Re: GPS not working properly

@jetpack83 wrote:

Hello,

I did what you asked me to do in your first reply and tested the phone with Uber, Waze and Endomondo (running) and it worked great (as usual).

However, today I saw your last reply and did the Moto help full HW test, I don't know if it failed but I got a message at the end saying: "0 satellites are connected with your GPS receiver". At the end for the test, it said I might need to contact them to know how to get it fixed.

I also checked the Motorola Privacy and every option there is on. 

My profile is now complete as you requested.

Thank you very much for you help.

Hi.

When you ran through the settings, did you make any changes? If it worked correctly, that's a good sign.

It is going to say "zero satellites" at first - may take a minute or so to connect. Did you wait a bit to see if it connected?

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
jetpack83
Fanfold Paper
Views: 67
Message 12 of 13

I am sorry for not posting anything during the weekend.

Here my answers and findings:

I checked my configuration and everything was like you told me in your first reply, I mean, I did not change anything on the phone.

With the HW test, I ran the test in three different locations and the same happened, I waited for about 2-3 minutes and the message was the same: "0 Satellites connected"

This weekend I tried the phone with the apps I frequently use and this are my findings:

- Waze:  This is the most affected app, it takes up to 3 minutes to get the GPS connected, I set a destination and when it starts to calculate the route, it never gives the exact route, an error message appears in the top of the screen: "No GPS, route calculated with estimated location". After 3-4 minutes it connects and works properly. After connecting, it does not disconnects unless I turn the app off.

- Google, It takes up to 1 minute to connect to GPS, and after connected does not provide with the exact location, after 2-3 minutes it gets accurate. (this happens with Uber other apps using Location)

- Endomondo, It takes up to 1 minute to connect and after connected it disconnects randomly, however I tried it yesterday and today and it worked OK. Location was not accurate in some points.

Thanks for all your help guys and the patience. Hope I can find some workaround for this.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 53
Message 13 of 13

@jetpack83 wrote:

I am sorry for not posting anything during the weekend.

Here my answers and findings:

I checked my configuration and everything was like you told me in your first reply, I mean, I did not change anything on the phone.

With the HW test, I ran the test in three different locations and the same happened, I waited for about 2-3 minutes and the message was the same: "0 Satellites connected"

This weekend I tried the phone with the apps I frequently use and this are my findings:

- Waze:  This is the most affected app, it takes up to 3 minutes to get the GPS connected, I set a destination and when it starts to calculate the route, it never gives the exact route, an error message appears in the top of the screen: "No GPS, route calculated with estimated location". After 3-4 minutes it connects and works properly. After connecting, it does not disconnects unless I turn the app off.

- Google, It takes up to 1 minute to connect to GPS, and after connected does not provide with the exact location, after 2-3 minutes it gets accurate. (this happens with Uber other apps using Location)

- Endomondo, It takes up to 1 minute to connect and after connected it disconnects randomly, however I tried it yesterday and today and it worked OK. Location was not accurate in some points.

Thanks for all your help guys and the patience. Hope I can find some workaround for this.

Hi.

Thanks for the thorough reply. Unfortunately, I'd say if the Hardware Test is failing that means the phone will need to be repaired.

Sorry to hear it.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Top Kudoed Authors