Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one / motorola one power
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

09-04-2020

Afghanistan

4 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 11

Gps problem can't catch the satellite

2020-09-04, 2:38 AM

Why my Moto one gps is Bad ,it can't catch satellite. Compared with my Moto G5s still work well in the same time same place I actually use many lenovo products . 

Screenshot_20200904-094033.png
Answer
Options

4 Posts

09-04-2020

Italy

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40

[solved?]Re:Gps problem can't catch the satellite

2021-02-01, 22:08 PM

Hi all,

I've been waiting for a while before replying this topic.

Since last two updates received, maybe in late november, it looks like gps is working well.

Only a couple of times I lost the signal for a short period, it may happen.

So I can marked it as solved.

I hope I'm not the only one

My kind regards

Replies(10)
Options

4 Posts

09-04-2020

Italy

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 2 of 11

Re:Gps problem can't catch the satellite

2020-09-04, 14:32 PM

In a time variable from seconds to minutes my Motorola One locks GPS signal, after 50/60 seconds it loses it, then it find it again, them it loses it...

I don't know exactly when this issue came up. When I started again tracking my races after the lockdown and after Android 10 update, my standard 8,5 km path has shortened by 3, 4 or 5 km depending on the day.

Every fix found out online (various gps doctor apps, disable battery optimisation, switching among apps..,) did not help.

I factory reset TWICE the phone without luck.

I think it is  a software issue and I hope Google and/or Motorola quickly fix it as now my smartphone is pretty useless

My best regards

Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Views: 27725
  • Message 3 of 11

2020-09-07, 11:15 AM

@ Gaikai wrote:

Why my Moto one gps is Bad ,it can't catch satellite. Compared with my Moto G5s still work well in the same time same place I actually use many lenovo products . 

Hi, 

I am sorry to know about this. As you have taken the Hardware test for GPS, and the result failed, it would be best if you visit our Service Center and let our engineers examine the device.

However, before going for repair, kindly help with this-- are you using Google Maps? Is it not working at all or getting any error? Let me know.

@trebestie 

Sorry for the inconvenience, which app are you using? Is it Google Maps?

Kindly confirm, for further assistance.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

09-04-2020

Italy

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 4 of 11

2020-09-07, 14:53 PM

@ Agent_Suman wrote:

@trebestie 

Regards,

Suman

Hi Suman,

many thanks for your quick reply.

I'm using

• Adidas Running
  • Decat Coach
  • Google Maps
  • Waze
  • and a lot of GPS fix/optimizer

Everyone, slowly, catches satellites, but when the screen goes off, everyone, quickly, loses them. 

This morning i did a 16km race keeping the screen on and my smartphone tracked the whole run without loosing signal.

Since looking for a fix, I've been reading in forums of other brands many people complaining about gps issues after Android 10 update, although I've no a smoking gun in my hand, i strongly suppose that Google changed, in worse, anything about power management which is not fixable changing per-apps battery optimization.

Let me know if I can give you some other useful info.

My kind regards

Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Message 5 of 11

2020-09-09, 9:26 AM

@ trebestie wrote:

@ Agent_Suman wrote:

@trebestie 

Regards,

Suman

Hi Suman,

many thanks for your quick reply.

I'm using

• Adidas Running
  • Decat Coach
  • Google Maps
  • Waze
  • and a lot of GPS fix/optimizer

Everyone, slowly, catches satellites, but when the screen goes off, everyone, quickly, loses them. 

This morning i did a 16km race keeping the screen on and my smartphone tracked the whole run without loosing signal.

Since looking for a fix, I've been reading in forums of other brands many people complaining about gps issues after Android 10 update, although I've no a smoking gun in my hand, i strongly suppose that Google changed, in worse, anything about power management which is not fixable changing per-apps battery optimization.

Let me know if I can give you some other useful info.

My kind regards

Thanks for sharing the details, we would like to investigate further on this. Please allow the phone to get a fix, then allow the screen to turn off, then turn the screen back on again and generate a bug report.

Here are the steps:

1.  Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.

3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press the Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

7. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report on the forums in a reply or via a private message.

8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time. 

I will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

09-04-2020

Italy

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 6 of 11

2020-09-15, 20:10 PM

Huawei users are facing exactly the same issue

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/community/details/P20-Pro-GPS-is-not-functioning%21%21%21%21/topicId_47062/

power management cuts off gps

My kind regards

Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Message 7 of 11

2020-09-16, 14:28 PM

@ trebestie wrote:

Huawei users are facing exactly the same issue

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/community/details/P20-Pro-GPS-is-not-functioning%21%21%21%21/topicId_47062/

power management cuts off gps

My kind regards

Thanks for sharing this, however, we still need the Bug Report to investigate this further.

Regards,

Suman

Options

2999 Posts

04-04-2018

India

404 Signins

27725 Page Views

• Message 8 of 11

2020-09-17, 14:23 PM

Sorry about this, I received your Bug report in my Private message. I have escalated to our concerned team.

Once I get an update from them, I will get back to you.

Regards,

Suman

Options

2020-09-28, 3:05 AM

Hello, just created an account to say that I have the same problem in my Moto One, no matter what I do the GPS does not work anymore. Is there anything new about this?

Answer
Options

4 Posts

09-04-2020

Italy

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 10 of 11

[solved?]Re:Gps problem can't catch the satellite

2021-02-01, 22:08 PM

Hi all,

I've been waiting for a while before replying this topic.

Since last two updates received, maybe in late november, it looks like gps is working well.

Only a couple of times I lost the signal for a short period, it may happen.

So I can marked it as solved.

I hope I'm not the only one

My kind regards

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms