Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Petritis
Paper Tape
Views: 523
Message 1 of 6

Haven't got a single update since i bought this phone.

Hello to everyone,

On 19th of February 2019 i bought Motorola One.From the retailer that i bought it they told me it will update to android 9, i thought cool.Since then i haven't got even one security update or anything, last update was August 2018 with build number OPK28.63-18 according to the update tab. I tried restoring factory settings without restoring any other data, clear update cache from sytem app, removing SIM card for a couple of hours, removing SD card ,i even tried deleting cache through recovery but it's no longer there finally i came in contact with Motorola support through chat and still nothing.They basically told me to do the thing above so no luck also. I really have no idea on how to proceed should i send it for repair ask for a replacement ? In any case thank you to everyone for reading this post, suggestions are welcome.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 462
Message 2 of 6

Re: Haven't got a single update since i bought this phone.

@Petritis wrote:

Hello to everyone,

On 19th of February 2019 i bought Motorola One.From the retailer that i bought it they told me it will update to android 9, i thought cool.Since then i haven't got even one security update or anything, last update was August 2018 with build number OPK28.63-18 according to the update tab. I tried restoring factory settings without restoring any other data, clear update cache from sytem app, removing SIM card for a couple of hours, removing SD card ,i even tried deleting cache through recovery but it's no longer there finally i came in contact with Motorola support through chat and still nothing.They basically told me to do the thing above so no luck also. I really have no idea on how to proceed should i send it for repair ask for a replacement ? In any case thank you to everyone for reading this post, suggestions are welcome.

Hi.

Thanks for all the details about what you've tried already, and especially for having your IMEI in your profile. We're looking into this.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 357
Message 3 of 6

Hi again.

We have found the issue that has prevented your phone from updating. We hope to have it resolved in a week or less. Apologies for this - thanks for your patience and for reporting it.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
FroBe
Paper Tape
Views: 283
Message 4 of 6

Identical problem here with phone purchased in November 2018.

Will the solution be applied to all phones with same problem, or do each induvidual phone need to be fixed manually?

When I check phone settings for IMEI it has two, one for each SIM-slot? I have listed the first number in my profile.

I have now stopped buying Motorolas for my family, due to slow or no software updates.

Have now purchased a Mi A2 instead as my backup phone instead, no software trouble and all updates on time.

My primary phones have always been Xperia Compact models, and I am spoiled with quick and regular software updates.

Still I would like to have this Moto One updated istead of tossing it in the bin. My wife want to use it as a replacement for her G5+ with camera trouble, but right now her old G5+ has newer updates (feb.2019) than the Moto One (aug.2018).

FroBe
Paper Tape
Views: 236
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for solving this issue.
Finally received the Pie-update today, and several security updates succeded it.
Now I can pass it to my wife without bad conscience.

Petritis
Paper Tape
Views: 225
Message 6 of 6

Today i got android 9 update along with security updates until April 2019. Thank you for resolving this issue.

Top Kudoed Authors