cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
shaunakvyas1
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎02-10-2019
Location: IN
Views: 2,175
Message 1 of 9

Incoming calls can not be received in Motorola One Power

I have recently purchased a Motorola One Power. I am facing an issue in which I am not able to take up the incoming calls. The phone rings on incoming calls, but the screen remains blank and locked. So I have to miss the call, unlock the phone, see the missed call number in call log and then call back. This happens for both known and unknown numbers.

Shaunak Agastya Vyas
https://tinu.live
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Posts: 16,949
Registered: ‎02-03-2016
Location: US
Views: 2,118
Message 2 of 9

Re: Incoming calls can not be received in Motorola One Power


@shaunakvyas1 wrote:

I have recently purchased a Motorola One Power. I am facing an issue in which I am not able to take up the incoming calls. The phone rings on incoming calls, but the screen remains blank and locked. So I have to miss the call, unlock the phone, see the missed call number in call log and then call back. This happens for both known and unknown numbers.


Hi.

 

Welcome to the forums! In the future, please search for existing threads on your topic before posting, to help us avoid duplicates. It causes clutter on the site and makes it harder for us to follow an issue. There are already some posts about this.

 

Anyway, try this.

  1. Long press the dialer icon on your home screen.
  2. Press the little "i" information icon.
  3. Click on Notifications.
  4. Check any un-checked boxes to see if those are limiting the performance.

Let me know what you find. If that doesn't help, can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

 

Regards,

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
shaunakvyas1
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎02-10-2019
Location: IN
Views: 2,116
Message 3 of 9

Re: Incoming calls can not be received in Motorola One Power

Thank you, Matt. It's working now.

Shaunak Agastya Vyas
https://tinu.live
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Posts: 16,949
Registered: ‎02-03-2016
Location: US
Views: 2,096
Message 4 of 9

Re: Incoming calls can not be received in Motorola One Power


@shaunakvyas1 wrote:

Thank you, Matt. It's working now.


Great, thanks for letting me know!

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
_PritishPsp_
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎01-15-2019
Location: IN
Views: 1,702
Message 5 of 9

Re: Incoming calls can not be received in Motorola One Power

I also have the same issue. When my phone screen is off and I receive a call, the incoming call screen doesn't show up. I did the following things by seeing some threads-

1) checking that all app notifications are on.

2) clearing cache for all the apps.

3) rebooting the phone.

4) rebooting in safe mode.

5) tired to reset app preferences.

6) tried to took a bug report but couldn't take the screenshot when phone screen is off.

7) took the hardware test and everything is working fine.

 

I suppose this might be a bug. Please fix this. For receiving calls everytime I get one, I have to unlock the phone using a fingerprint scanner, scroll down the notification menu and then receive calls from there. The ringtone is loud and clear but no call receiving screen.

 

I'm posting in a solved issue thread because I need some attention. I get a lot of calls and it's been a dosaster always receiving calls in this fashion. Please fix it.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Posts: 16,949
Registered: ‎02-03-2016
Location: US
Views: 1,667
Message 6 of 9

Re: Incoming calls can not be received in Motorola One Power


@_PritishPsp_ wrote:

I also have the same issue. When my phone screen is off and I receive a call, the incoming call screen doesn't show up. I did the following things by seeing some threads-

1) checking that all app notifications are on.

2) clearing cache for all the apps.

3) rebooting the phone.

4) rebooting in safe mode.

5) tired to reset app preferences.

6) tried to took a bug report but couldn't take the screenshot when phone screen is off.

7) took the hardware test and everything is working fine.

 

I suppose this might be a bug. Please fix this. For receiving calls everytime I get one, I have to unlock the phone using a fingerprint scanner, scroll down the notification menu and then receive calls from there. The ringtone is loud and clear but no call receiving screen.

 

I'm posting in a solved issue thread because I need some attention. I get a lot of calls and it's been a dosaster always receiving calls in this fashion. Please fix it.


That's unusual.

 

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

 

Thanks,

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
_PritishPsp_
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎01-15-2019
Location: IN
Views: 1,622
Message 7 of 9

Re: Incoming calls can not be received in Motorola One Power

I have updated my profile with the serial number as you said and my motorola privacy settings are ON too. You can look into my apps if necessary but this call problem is serious and needs solving. 

Please do something. 

_PritishPsp_
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎01-15-2019
Location: IN
Views: 1,485
Message 8 of 9

Re: Incoming calls can not be received in Motorola One Power

Hey Matt, please check my apps if necessary. Tell me what has happened with this phone brother. Picking up calls is very difficult with this. Calling is a basic function of a phone and if that's problematic then what should I expect.

Please look into it. The screen does not light up no matter what I do. Safe mode, dialect settings I have checked everything.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Posts: 16,949
Registered: ‎02-03-2016
Location: US
Views: 1,451
Message 9 of 9

Re: Incoming calls can not be received in Motorola One Power


@_PritishPsp_ wrote:

Hey Matt, please check my apps if necessary. Tell me what has happened with this phone brother. Picking up calls is very difficult with this. Calling is a basic function of a phone and if that's problematic then what should I expect.

Please look into it. The screen does not light up no matter what I do. Safe mode, dialect settings I have checked everything.


Hi.

 

Not seeing anything that is obvious. If you tried everything that you said -- and the specific instructions I provided above -- then I'm running out of ideas. We may have to go to repair.

 

If you could post a video of what happens when a call comes in, that might be useful. I will also see if one of the engineers can see anything I could not in your data.

 

If your screen is on when the call comes in, do you see a pop-up for answering?

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Top Kudoed Authors