Options

248 Posts

10-20-2018

IN

463 Signins

8611 Page Views

• Views: 8611
  • Message 1 of 20

Incorrect camera documention? or missing camera feature ? or new feature post pie?

2018-11-18, 16:51 PM

Hello Moto ,

I was going through the one power camera manual online (link below)and I found a feature which is missing in my unit. Im on Oreo on my one Power and I don't have the "tap anywhere to capture". The manual online shows the feature. I'm not sure if I'm looking at a wrong manual or if this feature was added post pie update or if it's just a documentation error. I searched it in my cam settings on my phone and I couldn't find it. I've added screenshot as well please check.

https://support.motorola.com/in/en/products/cell-phones/other-models/motorola-one-power/documents/MS133347

Ps : I do not work for Motorola, I'm just a consumer who owns a Motorola one power
Options

248 Posts

10-20-2018

IN

463 Signins

8611 Page Views

• Message 2 of 20

Re: Incorrect camera documention? or missing camera feature ? or new feature post pie?

2018-11-18, 16:53 PM

wrote:

Hello Moto ,

I was going through the one power camera manual online (link below)and I found a feature which is missing in my unit. Im on Oreo on my one Power and I don't have the "tap anywhere to capture". The manual online shows the feature. I'm not sure if I'm looking at a wrong manual or if this feature was added post pie update or if it's just a documentation error. I searched it in my cam settings on my phone and I couldn't find it. I've added screenshot as well please check.

https://support.motorola.com/in/en/products/cell-phones/other-models/motorola-one-power/documents/MS133347

Check the second screenshot of one power online  document

Ps : I do not work for Motorola, I'm just a consumer who owns a Motorola one power
Options

94 Posts

06-04-2017

IN

208 Signins

2171 Page Views

• Views: 2171
  • Message 3 of 20

Re: Incorrect camera documention? or missing camera feature ? or new feature post pie?

2018-11-18, 20:22 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Hello Moto ,

That doesn't matter to them......they will just delete the page and pretend like that never happened !
Same happened to the page which showed it had timelapse and slow-mo feature, they just deleted that instead of fixing it.
Never the less due to these reason my next phone will be Nokia(they have everything including Face lock). 

Options

248 Posts

10-20-2018

IN

463 Signins

8611 Page Views

• Message 4 of 20

2018-11-18, 20:34 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Hello Moto ,

That doesn't matter to them......they will just delete the page and pretend like that never happened !
Same happened to the page which showed it had timelapse and slow-mo feature, they just deleted that instead of fixing it.
Never the less due to these reason my next phone will be Nokia(they have everything including Face lock). 

Hehehe I'm the same guy who pointed out that ??. For a sec I assumed that post pie, we got those features but looks like it's again an documentation error, we gotta wait till we get any response from them.

Options

94 Posts

06-04-2017

IN

208 Signins

2171 Page Views

• Message 5 of 20

2018-11-18, 20:58 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Hello Moto ,

Hehehe I'm the same guy who pointed out that ??. For a sec I assumed that post pie, we got those features but looks like it's again an documentation error, we gotta wait till we get any response from them.

I hope they take it a little seriously, these small things are very important for a phone. (Fingers crossed)
BTW see this photo, feels like Irony.

Options

248 Posts

10-20-2018

IN

463 Signins

8611 Page Views

• Message 6 of 20

2018-11-18, 21:13 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Hello Moto ,

I hope they take it a little seriously, these small things are very important for a phone. (Fingers crossed)

I don't think they will add any major features for cam, I read somewhere that with pie only panorama was added and nothing else in cam(not sure how authentic the news is). Its sad to see that they are asking consumers to try 3rd partry apps from store . When Moto one has more cam features than Moto one power. I don't understand how hard is it to Port a cam mod that they already have for a similar device to a slightly upgraded unit . I have no hopes about the camera Dept honestly. I'm using gcam anyways and with the latest Pixel 3xl mod the potrait mode and  night sight is crazy awesome. So I'm happy with that.

PS. I don't work for Motorola,I'm just a consumer who owns a moto one power

Options

98 Posts

10-15-2018

IN

263 Signins

5313 Page Views

• Views: 5313
  • Message 7 of 20

2018-11-19, 3:02 AM

Its a serious matter for MOP users. I am also see that in Motorola One Power's online Guide page. There is fake documents shows to give fake promises done by Motorola. They cheat us to show following documents.

In camera setting, guide page shows Tap anywhere to capture but nothing is there in device camera setting.

In device camera setting, there is no option.

In camera, there is Panaroma mode. But originally no option for it in device.

In video page, shows EIS option in Top, but it also no option in device.

In portrait mode, there is also different format.

In camera there is couple of modes like Portrait, Cutout, Pick color, Panaroma, Text Scanner, Face Filter, Slow motion modes.

Originally in MOP device, there is only 3 modes Photo, Portrait & Expert mode.

Options

94 Posts

06-04-2017

IN

208 Signins

2171 Page Views

• Message 8 of 20

2018-11-19, 4:52 AM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Hello Moto ,

I don't think they will add any major features for cam, I read somewhere that with pie only panorama was added and nothing else in cam(not sure how authentic the news is). Its sad to see that they are asking consumers to try 3rd partry apps from store . When Moto one has more cam features than Moto one power. I don't understand how hard is it to Port a cam mod that they already have for a similar device to a slightly upgraded unit . I have no hopes about the camera Dept honestly. I'm using gcam anyways and with the latest Pixel 3xl mod the potrait mode and  night sight is crazy awesome. So I'm happy with that.

Hey folks, look what I found !

Options

248 Posts

10-20-2018

IN

463 Signins

8611 Page Views

• Message 9 of 20

2018-11-19, 8:13 AM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Hello Moto ,

Hey folks, look what I found !

Yeah I see that Matt has replied to it with a link which is not available anymore. Im assuming it was taken down after I reported that the documentation is incorrect for Moto one power last month.

Options

58 Posts

10-27-2018

IN

288 Signins

3126 Page Views

• Views: 3126
  • Message 10 of 20

2018-11-19, 8:55 AM

Interesting, So they downgraded camera app and picture quality

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete