10-18-2018

IN

15 Signins

299 Page Views

• Views: 299
  • Message 1 of 2

Issue with Volume Level Audio Settings

2018-10-22, 6:20 AM

I am unable to set "Ring Volume" at a custom level. I usually press volume rocker Up and Down to choose my notification / ringtone volume levels. Very often, I choose custom sound level by adjusting the volume slider that pops up when I press the volume button on my phone.

But on my Motorola One Power, I am unable to set ringtone volume at a custom level. Even though I drag the volume slider, the volume slider comes back to its nearest preset position when I lock and unlock my phone.

Steps to Reproduce :

There are 7 Preset levels (We can press volume up button 7 times to reach max volume from zero position) to adjust volume levels. So each sound level is approximately 14.25% (100/7).

Now if I drag my phone ringer volume to 5% using the slider that pops up when I press volume button, it doesn't stay at that level. As soon as I lock and unlock my phone, the volume level goes back to 14.25%. So it effectively means I am unable to choose a custom sound level.

But I was able to set custom sound level for ringtone and notification sound on my old moto phones (Moto G5 Plus and Moto G5S Plus).

Hopefully Motorola acknowledges and fix this bug via an update.

Every small thing matters to have a complete mobile experience.

Options

17904 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2245 Signins

53762 Page Views

• Views: 53762
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Issue with Volume Level Audio Settings

2018-10-22, 18:43 PM

wrote:

I am unable to set "Ring Volume" at a custom level. I usually press volume rocker Up and Down to choose my notification / ringtone volume levels. Very often, I choose custom sound level by adjusting the volume slider that pops up when I press the volume button on my phone.

But on my Motorola One Power, I am unable to set ringtone volume at a custom level. Even though I drag the volume slider, the volume slider comes back to its nearest preset position when I lock and unlock my phone.

Steps to Reproduce :

There are 7 Preset levels (We can press volume up button 7 times to reach max volume from zero position) to adjust volume levels. So each sound level is approximately 14.25% (100/7).

Now if I drag my phone ringer volume to 5% using the slider that pops up when I press volume button, it doesn't stay at that level. As soon as I lock and unlock my phone, the volume level goes back to 14.25%. So it effectively means I am unable to choose a custom sound level.

But I was able to set custom sound level for ringtone and notification sound on my old moto phones (Moto G5 Plus and Moto G5S Plus).

Hopefully Motorola acknowledges and fix this bug via an update.

Every small thing matters to have a complete mobile experience.

Hi.

Based on your description, it does not sound like a bug. It sounds like it's designed to work like this. We will look into it and I'll get back to you.

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save