Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Androidone4eva
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,432
Message 1 of 26

MOP Android 10 Battery Draining issue

Hello, I received Android 10 update on 11.12.2019 I've updated it the day I've received it the battery seems to be draining a bit faster than it used to be I used to get 8Hrs screen on time for my usage before now for the past 2 days im only getting around 6 to 7 hrs is there anything I can do about this or should I wait for the next patch update ?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,370
Message 2 of 26

Re: MOP Android 10 Battery Draining issue

@Androidone4eva wrote:

Hello, I received Android 10 update on 11.12.2019 I've updated it the day I've received it the battery seems to be draining a bit faster than it used to be I used to get 8Hrs screen on time for my usage before now for the past 2 days im only getting around 6 to 7 hrs is there anything I can do about this or should I wait for the next patch update ?

Hi.

I would not expect any loss in battery life. It's possible this is just the result of the power used by the update process itself.

I'm happy to look into it. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Prakash57278
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,243
Message 3 of 26

Same issue here as well
jaiswalaashish4
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,205
Message 4 of 26

The issue of battery drain seem ever worse for me, SOT is drastically reduced after update and Factory reset.

I am still using the phone same way  which I used to use on Pie, but now it is feeling like I am getting only 60-70 %of battery juice. 

Is this because of adaptive battery?

I guess lots of fixes are required ASAP!

I was looking forward that it is a stable update. 🙃

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,156
Message 5 of 26

@jaiswalaashish4 wrote:

The issue of battery drain seem ever worse for me, SOT is drastically reduced after update and Factory reset.

I am still using the phone same way  which I used to use on Pie, but now it is feeling like I am getting only 60-70 %of battery juice. 

Is this because of adaptive battery?

I guess lots of fixes are required ASAP!

I was looking forward that it is a stable update. 🙃

Hi jaiswalaashish4,

Thanks for reporting this! We would like to have a look at it, kindly update your device IMEI in your profile. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Akhil63
Paper Tape
Views: 1,079
Message 6 of 26

After the android 10 update my battery is draining quickly in comparison to my battery usage which was in android 9..Despite being a 5000mah battery I dont think think it is giving me the amount of battery it gave in android 9 .

Please do whatever is possible.

Jack731
Blue Screen Again
Views: 988
Message 7 of 26

First of all, Thank you to the entire dev team for bringing Android 10 on MOP this soon,

But some of us are facing issues with battery backup after update.

I am also experiencing the same battery drain issue after updating my MOP to Android 10 (Build No QPT30.61-81).

On Android Pie Update, -  10 hours of SOT & 2-3 days of standby time, which is standard on a 5000 mAh battery.
but on Android 10,  -  6 hours of SOT & <1 day standby time , feels like a 3000 mAh Battery,

Activating Battery-Saver (And/Or) Adaptive-Battery has negligible effect on battery backup.

Please fix the above issue as usability is affected.

If this issue can't be fixed soon OR before Android releases Jan 2020 security update, please guide us on how to initiate Rollback Update to Android Pie.

Thanks

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 966
Message 8 of 26

Hi all, 

Thanks for reporting this! I would suggest you check your device in Safe Mode and observe for some time. See if the battery draining is still the same. Let me know.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Jack731
Blue Screen Again
Views: 949
Message 9 of 26

Battery drain is still visible even on Safe Mode on my device.

If the battery drain fix requires more time and resources from your side, then tell us how to roll back this update so that the basic usability of the phone can be restored.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 919
Message 10 of 26

@Jack731 wrote:

Battery drain is still visible even on Safe Mode on my device.

If the battery drain fix requires more time and resources from your side, then tell us how to roll back this update so that the basic usability of the phone can be restored.

Hi Jack731,

Thanks for trying, I understand your concern. I would suggest you perform Factory Reset to your device after taking a backup of all your data and contacts by following these steps: Settings > System > Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Phone > Enter your Screen Lock > Select Erase Everything to begin the reset. Let us know how it goes.
We recommend performing a reset after a Software update as it helps to start the device afresh and that could solve your concern. 

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors