12-29-2016

IN

116 Signins

1625 Page Views

• Views: 1625
  • Message 1 of 4

MOP - Hot Spot malfunctioning

2018-12-23, 10:34 AM

I use the Hot Spot functionality of my MOP heavily and it has been working fine without any issues till today morning.  I noticed that the Hot Spot has started malfunctioning from today itself.  The hot spot, when turned ON initially, will work properly for about 5 to 10 minutes by letting other devices latch on to the broadcasted SSID, as well as let them access internet through it.  After the mentioned time frame, the connected devices show that they have lost the WiFi connection.  When I run checks on my MOP, I see that it's connected to the Internet through it's mobile data connection (confirmed that Internet is working on the MOP), it's Hot Spot is on and is showing the device count within the Hot Spot settings (see screen shot - Pic 1) though all devices (two other phones and a laptop) have lost connectivity to it.  I try turning the Hot Spot of MOP off, but I've seen two behaviors (repeatedly) - 1. Hot Spot tries turning OFF but gives up and an 'app is not responding' message pops up after multiple tries, or 2. Hot Spot turns OFF, but then refuses to turn ON even after multiple tries and shows 'Error' under the "Hotspot & Tethering" settings where ideally the configured SSID name should be showing up (see screen shot - Pic 3).  After this, Hot Spot simply refuses to turn ON, and I can't even change settings.  This has happened multiple times, even after restarting the phone to shoo away the problem.  I have checked all the topics in the forum for MO and MOP related issues, but haven't found anything similar.

I must mention that - 

1. I'm not using any 3rd party apps to manage the cell, wifi, or any other related aspects of my MOP.

2. Haven't installed any 3rd party apps or updates after which this behavior has cropped up.

3. Haven't changed any critical settings or options that could give rise to this behavior.

What I have done, before posting this thread, is enable Developer mode incase a bug report is required, and reset the network settings to check if this resolves the problem, though resetting network settings is not yet associated with changing anything in regards to the Hot Spot functionality.  Things are working again as of now, but I'm apprehensive that the problem will crop up again.  Screen shots attached for ref.

Any insights/advice will be appreciated.

Solved! See the solution
Options

116 Posts

12-29-2016

IN

116 Signins

1625 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

Re: MOP - Hot Spot malfunctioning

2018-12-23, 10:41 AM

Adding the next screen shot here.

Options

116 Posts

12-29-2016

IN

116 Signins

1625 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2018-12-23, 10:42 AM

The third screen shot here.

Note - Motorola needs to consider letting members post multiple screen shots in one post as attachments.

Options

116 Posts

12-29-2016

IN

116 Signins

1625 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2019-01-28, 8:02 AM

Solved

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save