PK

2 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 1 of 13

Moto One Power Touch Screen not responding

2019-07-01, 14:42 PM

Hello,

I bought moto one power almost a month ago, it is working fine, but sometimes the screen becomes unresponsive for a while, it starts to work again after pressing power button to lock the phone, I think it is some kind of software problem but I'm  not sure how to fix this issue. Please help me ! 

Thanks 

Options

5988 Posts

12-04-2017

IN

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

• Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 13

Re: Moto One Power Touch Screen not responding

2019-07-02, 10:01 AM

wrote:

Hello,

I bought moto one power almost a month ago, it is working fine, but sometimes the screen becomes unresponsive for a while, it starts to work again after pressing power button to lock the phone, I think it is some kind of software problem but I'm  not sure how to fix this issue. Please help me ! 

Thanks 

This is unusual, may I know from where did you purchase your device from? From when are you noticing this issue? Are you able to replicate this in Safe Mode? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up " Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Reboot your device to get back to the 'Normal Mode'.

Let us know how it goes?

Regards,
Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Options

5 Posts

11-08-2019

IN

5 Signins

52 Page Views

• Views: 52
  • Message 3 of 13

2019-11-08, 8:05 AM

Off late, I have been facing this exactly same problem. I could try the suggested Safe Mode method but the problem is that the issue is inconsistent even in normal mode and there no exact scenario or pattern that I can try reproducing this issue. It just happens randomly, even when I'm just using some simple basic app.

Any help is much appreciated before I reach out to the service center (they just screw up the things).

Options

1824 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

303 Signins

18819 Page Views

• Views: 18819
  • Message 4 of 13

2019-11-12, 10:42 AM

wrote:

Off late, I have been facing this exactly same problem. I could try the suggested Safe Mode method but the problem is that the issue is inconsistent even in normal mode and there no exact scenario or pattern that I can try reproducing this issue. It just happens randomly, even when I'm just using some simple basic app.

Any help is much appreciated before I reach out to the service center (they just screw up the things).

Hi Mahesh_Sutar,

Thanks for posting! Kindly check your device in Safe Mode as suggested in the previous comment and perform Clear Cache. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App Info > Select all the apps > Storage > Clear Cache > Restart the device. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

11-08-2019

IN

5 Signins

52 Page Views

• Message 5 of 13

2019-11-12, 10:52 AM

Hello Suman, I could try that but how's that going to guarantee me the solution? Because the issue is not directly reproducible and going into safe mode neither guarantees it. Also, I don't see the all apps option under app and notification. Where do I find that? Thanks.

Options

1824 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

303 Signins

18819 Page Views

• Message 6 of 13

2019-11-13, 3:58 AM

wrote:

Hello Suman, I could try that but how's that going to guarantee me the solution? Because the issue is not directly reproducible and going into safe mode neither guarantees it. Also, I don't see the all apps option under app and notification. Where do I find that? Thanks.

Hi Mahesh_Sutar,

Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications installed from the Play Store. This troubleshooting step helps determine whether a third party application is a cause or a software issue.

You will have to perform Clear Cache for all the apps manually, one by one.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

5 Posts

11-08-2019

IN

5 Signins

52 Page Views

• Message 7 of 13

2019-11-13, 17:22 PM

Point# 1: If you got my point right, are you expecting me to go into Safe Mode and see if the issue happens?

If yes, then your expectation is totally unrealistic. As I said, the issue is not directly reproducible, it is intermittent and sparodic in nature so how long do you want me to stay in Safe Mode (without using any apps) to see if the issue occurs?

Point# 2: Sorry, but I don't have enough patience to go to each of the several apps and manually clear the cache.

Do you mind providing one such option as I had one such in my Moto G phone with Android 6? That would be great!

Your storage management options in this Phone with Android 9 s**k!! Moto G3 with Android 6 has far better options to quickly manage and clear storage than this one!

Options

16 Posts

02-19-2019

IN

29 Signins

377 Page Views

• Views: 377
  • Message 8 of 13

2019-11-14, 6:00 AM

Been experiencing the same issue. 

As you rightly mentioned there is no exact pattern for occurance. The only temporary solution is to lock & unlock the screen. 

The reason for not reporting this issue on the forum is because, I'm fully aware of the responses that i'll receive. 

It's actually pointless to ask these guys for solutions. 

My suggestion is deal with the problem just like others. 

Peace!

Options

2 Posts

07-01-2019

PK

2 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 9 of 13

2019-11-14, 6:29 AM

I know more people who are facing exact same issue, we cannot reproduce it because the issue occurs randomly no proper pattern. Rebooting into safe mode won't help because it's not some 3rd party application causing trouble. I was literally shocked when mod asked me to reboot into safe mode. I have factory resetted my device twice but issue still persists. 

Options

1824 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

303 Signins

18819 Page Views

• Message 10 of 13

2019-11-20, 4:47 AM

wrote:

Point# 1: If you got my point right, are you expecting me to go into Safe Mode and see if the issue happens?

If yes, then your expectation is totally unrealistic. As I said, the issue is not directly reproducible, it is intermittent and sparodic in nature so how long do you want me to stay in Safe Mode (without using any apps) to see if the issue occurs?

Point# 2: Sorry, but I don't have enough patience to go to each of the several apps and manually clear the cache.

Do you mind providing one such option as I had one such in my Moto G phone with Android 6? That would be great!

Your storage management options in this Phone with Android 9 s**k!! Moto G3 with Android 6 has far better options to quickly manage and clear storage than this one!

Hi Mahesh_Sutar,

Could you please confirm if it only happens while charging? Are you using any screen protector?

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Suman

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete