Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amanpratap007
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,411
Message 1 of 14

Moto One Power - Touch issue with earphones

I purchased this phone, last week, Moto power one , and then after 4-5 days from purchase, my phone is having issue,

1: when I inserted 3.5 mm jack earphones (sony MDR-EX750), my touch screen started behaving crazy, volume will go to zero then vibration then DND automatically, apps will be autoselected, Google play music player freezes, I can not scroll, will attach screenshots.

2: DOLBY sound sucks, music sounds so cheap even when I turn it off.

Please help me ASAP, also I had to travel to Finland urgently, and now I am stuck with this crap in my hand, can I claim warranty here? I don't have any other phone.

After much difficulty I could get these screenshots.

Screenshot_20181030-235348.png

Screenshot_20181030-235331.pngThis details over Gmail is automatically came,

Screenshot_20181030-235320.png

Screenshot_20181030-235306.png

Look at the Gmail icon , same goes widgets if I am on home screen.

Screenshot_20181030-235459.png

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 2,314
Message 2 of 14

Re: Moto One Power - Touch issue with earphones

Hi.

1. That's quite an unusual headset. I can ask if we have tested with it, but I'm going to guess we have not. I'll try to see what I can learn.

2. What is the source of the music, and can you be more specific about your experience? All I can tell is that you don't like it.

3. I don't understand what you are trying to illustrate with the screenshots, sorry. What's the issue?

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Amanpratap007
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,305
Message 3 of 14

1. That's quite an unusual headset. I can ask if we have tested with it, but I'm going to guess we have not. I'll try to see what I can learn.
    this headset is 3.5 mm jack, works fine with PIXEL XL, MOTO G5s Plus, HTC A9 as well. it's just a earplug.
  2. What is the source of the music, and can you be more specific about your experience? All I can tell is that you don't like it.
    Source is Youtube, Google Play (Music Player App)
  3. I don't understand what you are trying to illustrate with the screenshots, sorry.                                                                                                           What's the issue?    The real issue is Touch of the LCD is  Auto triggered, i do not touch my screen and apps opens by itself in a very random manner, as illustrated in the screenshot, you can see all the activities in the screenshot is Auto Done, i havn't pressed any button neither i touched LCD, but still there are so many actions done. you can see some SQUARE shaped thing around GMAIL icon, that can tell you clearly something is wrong, i suspect Headphone jack is causing some current flow to Phone Body.
Matt-Murdock
HDMI
Views: 2,303
Message 4 of 14

@MattForumsMngr wrote:

Hi.

3. I don't understand what you are trying to illustrate with the screenshots, sorry. What's the issue?

Regards,

- Matt

Hey Matt,

I think he is facing ghost/phantom touch issues when he connects the sony MDR-EX750 to his phone(thats what i could understand from the screenshots).I had somewhat similar issue with my philips she1405.It used to intermitently answer/end the calls ,pause and resume music while using music player,open google assistant when im on homescreen etc. Apparently the answer button on it had malfunctioned and was pinched . Im not sure if thats the exact same issue he is facing.

Regards,

Matt

Ps : I do not work for Motorola, I'm just a consumer who owns a Motorola one power
Motorola Admin
Views: 2,237
Message 5 of 14

Hi.

I think that's right. If the "ghost touch" issue is with the headset, it's related to the fact that it's a powered headset. That's why I said it was unusual.

I'll say up front that this may mean the phone can't support the headset, because if it's a function of how the phone is wired it may not be correctable. But I am reporting it to the team.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Motorola Admin
Views: 2,235
Message 6 of 14

@Matt-Murdock wrote:

@MattForumsMngr wrote:

Hi.

Regards,

- Matt

Hey Matt,

I think he is facing ghost/phantom touch issues when he connects the sony MDR-EX750 to his phone(thats what i could understand from the screenshots).I had somewhat similar issue with my philips she1405.It used to intermitently answer/end the calls ,pause and resume music while using music player,open google assistant when im on homescreen etc. Apparently the answer button on it had malfunctioned and was pinched . Im not sure if thats the exact same issue he is facing.

Regards,

Matt

Matt, is that a powered headset? And on what phone did you have these issues?

Thanks,

- Matt

Matt-Murdock
HDMI
Views: 2,218
Message 7 of 14

@MattForumsMngr wrote:

@Matt-Murdock wrote:

@MattForumsMngr wrote:

Hi.

Regards,

- Matt

Hey Matt,

Regards,

Matt

Matt, is that a powered headset? And on what phone did you have these issues?

Thanks,

- Matt

Hey Matt ,philips she1405 is just a basic heatset ,no fancy features just a single button which can be used to play/pause ,answer/end calls ,long press on homescreen will trigger google assistant.Im using motorola one power.The issue was with only my faulty headset I did not face any issues when i tried it with another headset .

https://www.amazon.in/Philips-SHE1405BK-94-Headphone-Headset/dp/B00U3S24RQ?tag=googinhydr18418-21&ta...

Ps : I do not work for Motorola, I'm just a consumer who owns a Motorola one power
Motorola Admin
Views: 2,048
Message 8 of 14

Hi.

Any update from either of you on this -- is it still an issue?

Thanks,

- Matt

Amanpratap007
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,044
Message 9 of 14

The issue is still there, and I think it's ghost touch that someone mentioned in the responses above, right now I'm in helsinkH Finland, on 26 I'll go back to India where I can get it checked at service center, 

But seriously a big disappointment that I can't trust a brand.

I would have switched to Bluetooth earphones wf-1000x I already have, but with those there is always something lag between sounds and video be it any phone.

Now I am stuck to speaker mode, tough thing is I have to hold my phone with hand during call as well in this chilling weather since wired ones creates ghost phantom issue and wireless I already hate, won't but Sony truly wireless again.

Matt-Murdock
HDMI
Views: 2,038
Message 10 of 14

@MattForumsMngr wrote:

Hi.

Any update from either of you on this -- is it still an issue?

Thanks,

- Matt

Hey Matt,

As i mentioned above my issue was due to faulty answer button on my earphone which was pinched. I did not face any such issues with other wired or wireless earphones. 

Top Kudoed Authors