cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaNishk23j
What's DOS?
Views: 885
Message 11 of 27

Re: Moto One Power screen brightness after Andriod PIE upgrade (v 9.0) from Android OREO (v 8.1)

it is more like 30% in Oreo = 100% in Pie!!!!!!!
Rajeev157
Punch Card
Views: 860
Message 12 of 27

Re: Moto One Power screen brightness after Andriod PIE upgrade (v 9.0) from Android OREO (v 8.1)

Night light not turning on automatically 

Rajeev Sharma
anrgptl
SCSI Port
Views: 800
Message 13 of 27

One more thing is that in oreo we used have battery saver mood which used to turn on after 'certain percentage (adjustable) of battery remaining' and in battery saver mood display brightness used to get decreased which is not the case in pie.

Now display brightness has same intensity as if battery saver is turned on (even when it clearly is not  when checked in setting ) just heptic feedback gets turned off. 

Is the battery saver mode supposed to work like this only??

P.S. I think because of this battery saver mode we are having display brightness dimmer in the pie. 

santyking
What's DOS?
Views: 781
Message 14 of 27

Re: Moto One Power issues post upgrade to Andriod PIE (v 9.0) from Android OREO (v 8.1) post here

My Screen Brightness has reduced post upgradation to Android Pie . I have to Increase Brightness which causes a Battery Drain issue . Please fix this issue

Shinoj_001
Paper Tape
Views: 753
Message 15 of 27

Same issue  here

Debi444
Paper Tape
Views: 728
Message 16 of 27

Even after putting the notification off its still coming ...... 🔋 battery saver is not much effective, autobrightness is also not working properly, its full of issues 

kingslayer5378
Fanfold Paper
Views: 692
Message 17 of 27

I am having battery drain issue after pie update. Kindly fix it.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 652
Message 18 of 27

Hi.

According to Google, the Adaptive Brightness feature has been completely revamped in Pie, in a couple of ways. Here's how I understand it.

1. It "learns" how bright you like it. Adaptive Brightness now learns how bright or dark you like it under different conditions by tracking how you raise or lower brightness using the slider. This takes some time, but it should learn to adjust the lighting based on the way you do. (There is now "machine learning" that takes notes of your habits and automatically adjusts to your activities. Android Oreo only optimizes brightness level for available light.)
  2. The brightness slider itself has changed. Because the human eye detects changes from darker to light more readily than light to lighter, the old slider mostly had impact in its lower half. You would see most of the changes by the time the slider was halfway up. The rest of the slider didn't really seem to show a lot of difference. On Pie the slider has been adjusted so that it shows changes along its entire length. And that means you have to move it farther to the right to get the same brightness, which many of you have reported. 

At this point we have no reason to think the new Adaptive Brightness isn't working as Google intended. We will keep monitoring it, but encourage you to let it "learn," and to adjust to the new slider calibration. We will all need a little time to get used to the new version.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Ufk
Paper Tape
Views: 616
Message 19 of 27

I too have the problem since the pie update and i have already posted it on official motorola Facebook page.To read a text in daylight ,i have to increase the brightness to about 70%.

Arv42
Paper Tape
Views: 591
Message 20 of 27

same issue , plz fix

Top Kudoed Authors