cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 490
Message 21 of 27

Re: Moto One Power screen brightness after Andriod PIE upgrade (v 9.0) from Android OREO (v 8.1)

@Arv42 wrote:

same issue , plz fix

Please read my post above. It is not a bug; it's a change in how the slider operates.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Siddheshsorap1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 476
Message 22 of 27

Re: Moto One Power screen brightness after Andriod PIE upgrade (v 9.0) from Android OREO (v 8.1)

People are not talking about adaptive brightness. We don't even use that. Even at 40% brightness the screen seems to dim. This was not the case in Oreo.

Mark811
802.11n
Views: 468
Message 23 of 27

@Siddheshsorap1 wrote:

People are not talking about adaptive brightness. We don't even use that. Even at 40% brightness the screen seems to dim. This was not the case in Oreo.

I think Matt covered that in point 2 of his post  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/motorola-one-motorola-one-power/Moto-One-Power-screen-brightness-after-...

I would say needing brightness at around 80%+ odd in daylight is now right, where having it below 50% was wrong in Oreo.

Battery usage should be no different, what the slider is set at does not use the battery - the brightness of the screen does and your setting the screen brightness the same as before, just the slider say's 80%+ now instead of 50%-

Tej333
Blue Screen Again
Views: 323
Message 24 of 27

Re: Moto One Power issues post upgrade to Andriod PIE (v 9.0) from Android OREO (v 8.1) post here

Is there any solution or update comming regarding  screen brightness issue in android pie ? cause it affect bettery performance also.

Motorola Admin
Views: 303
Message 25 of 27

Re: Moto One Power issues post upgrade to Andriod PIE (v 9.0) from Android OREO (v 8.1) post here

@Tej333 wrote:

Is there any solution or update comming regarding  screen brightness issue in android pie ? cause it affect bettery performance also.

It's not broken. If it is impacting your battery it's because you want the screen very bright. It's not using more power to keep the screen at the brightness level you chose.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
alontheweb
Paper Tape
Views: 162
Message 26 of 27

I am having the same brightness issues on my G6 plus, it had amazing brightness before the 9 Pie update, now it's a different phone to when on Oreo, I was using a fraction of the brightness I do now. Outside or bright conditions I have to use it on max. One of the reasons I bought the G6 plus was for the excellent brightness reviews. In just a couple of days since the 9 Pie update it's awful, and the battery drains so quickly as a result of the problem. I use my phone a lot, and have had many smartphones, but I have never had an update that causes the same issues as this. Feel so frustrated. Who's fault is it, Lenovo or Google? 

Motorola Admin
Views: 153
Message 27 of 27

@alontheweb wrote:

I am having the same brightness issues on my G6 plus, it had amazing brightness before the 9 Pie update, now it's a different phone to when on Oreo, I was using a fraction of the brightness I do now. Outside or bright conditions I have to use it on max. One of the reasons I bought the G6 plus was for the excellent brightness reviews. In just a couple of days since the 9 Pie update it's awful, and the battery drains so quickly as a result of the problem. I use my phone a lot, and have had many smartphones, but I have never had an update that causes the same issues as this. Feel so frustrated. Who's fault is it, Lenovo or Google? 

Again, I think this is the change made by Google. The screen still reaches the same brightness limits it reached before, and uses the same power to deliver the same brightness level. The slider to adjust brightness has changed a lot though. Now you have to slide it farther to the right to reach the same levels you reached before when it was farther to the left. That's all.

- Matt

Top Kudoed Authors