Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one / motorola one power
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

01-13-2019

India

8 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 1 of 7

Moto one power ARcore issue

2019-02-12, 13:34 PM

IveI been using moto one power for past 3-4 months . Its working well with other apps. But for AR related applications. 

It's not working .  I have tried Ar measure , just a line and im also AR developer so my app as well. But none of them worked.

I've  cleared ar core app's data then restart  phone.. then suddenly its starting to work . But now . Whatever i do , nothing works . Its just continuously detection surface. Thats all.  

AR CORE is essential app now a days.. please solve this issue

Answer
Options

3 Posts

02-26-2019

India

4 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80

Re: Moto one power ARcore issue

2019-02-26, 17:35 PM

Guys as of today (Feb 26 2018) official ARCore support has been added to Moto one and one power. You can now use all AR related apps on your phone. The phone is now shown in googlesG website which has the list of devices that support ARCore. You can see the list here: 

https://developers.google.com/ar/discover/supported-devices

Replies(6)
Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 7

2019-02-12, 17:09 PM

wrote:

IveI been using moto one power for past 3-4 months . Its working well with other apps. But for AR related applications. 

It's not working .  I have tried Ar measure , just a line and im also AR developer so my app as well. But none of them worked.

I've  cleared ar core app's data then restart  phone.. then suddenly its starting to work . But now . Whatever i do , nothing works . Its just continuously detection surface. Thats all.  

AR CORE is essential app now a days.. please solve this issue

As of Jan 30, 2019 The Moto One is not listed as a supported device. 

Google indicates that hardware is the main factor, so doubt there is anything Motorola can do to make it work better. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

5 Posts

01-13-2019

India

8 Signins

54 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2019-02-12, 17:59 PM

So you're saying that moto one power will never support AR  because google doesn't listed this device . Right ?

Google doesn't include this device means it doesn't have that level of motion senser and camera or design architecture . 

If people buying phone at the end of 2018 .Don't you think its Motos responsibility to make product at that level .

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 4 of 7

2019-02-12, 18:17 PM

wrote:

So you're saying that moto one power will never support AR  because google doesn't listed this device . Right ?

Google doesn't include this device means it doesn't have that level of motion senser and camera or design architecture . 

If people buying phone at the end of 2018 .Don't you think its Motos responsibility to make product at that level .

I don't know if Moto One Power will ever support AR - it seems unlikely based on what google says about hardware. I don't expect the hardware can change. That is my opinion, who knows. 

Moto makes many products at a level that support AR Core - I think there were 7 Moto phones listed certified by Google. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

47 Posts

12-25-2018

Colombia

58 Signins

1099 Page Views

• Views: 1099
  • Message 5 of 7

2019-02-12, 22:18 PM

Hi Bro, I was reading about your problem and I have done tests on my Motorola One and the apps you named above work without problem on my device; really no version of the Motorola One is certified by Google, but looking good, the Moto G5s Plus is certified, and the Motorola One has almost the same hardware (Same SnapDragon 625 CPU) than that device, with the difference of 1GB of RAM more than the G5s Plus .. To that, add that the AR Core app comes pre-installed on the device, so if I did not have the necessary hardware to run it, it would not come installed, would it? I think the flaw in that app in the Motorola One Power is purely software .. I suggest you look for the APK Mirror the latest version of the AR Core app and install it manually to see how it goes. If it still does not work, just wait for a software update to be seen...

I really believe that the software of the Motorola One / One Power devices was done hastily, that's why we do not have options and apps that older Motorola devices and lower range if they have; that is why the delay in updates and the countless bugs that appear. The hardware for all those lost features exist, so we must wait for the Motorola developers to polish the software little by little until everything is implemented.

Orlando Bravo
Options

5 Posts

01-13-2019

India

8 Signins

54 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2019-02-13, 14:36 PM

Yes . brother agree with you. As i mentioned in my question. When i clear arcore's data and restart  my phone . It was working fine.  All of them.

But suddenly it stops working and I've latest version of arcore which is 1.7.19. 

I'm stuck at why it is working only sometimes.  No i think we should wait for a new patch . 

Answer
Options

3 Posts

02-26-2019

India

4 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 7 of 7

2019-02-26, 17:35 PM

Guys as of today (Feb 26 2018) official ARCore support has been added to Moto one and one power. You can now use all AR related apps on your phone. The phone is now shown in googlesG website which has the list of devices that support ARCore. You can see the list here: 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms