Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Random9
Paper Tape
Views: 2,608
Message 1 of 11

Moto one power not turbo-charging

Hi I'm Krishna,

I bought my Moto one power a week back. It takes over 7 hours to fully charge my phone even though I use the charger that was sent with the phone.

I saw online that wiping cache partition solves this issue at times but there's no option of wiping cache in the phones recovery options.

Please suggest what I should do as I've been a Moto user since a few years now and have never faced such an issue 

• Subject edited to be more descriptive. - Matt
Former Employee
Views: 2,554
Message 2 of 11

Re: Moto one power

@Random9 wrote:

Hi I'm Krishna,

I bought my Moto one power a week back. It takes over 7 hours to fully charge my phone even though I use the charger that was sent with the phone.

I saw online that wiping cache partition solves this issue at times but there's no option of wiping cache in the phones recovery options.

Please suggest what I should do as I've been a Moto user since a few years now and have never faced such an issue 

Hi Random9,

Thank you for posting here, sorry to learn about the charging delay on your device. Let us try a few steps here and see if this improves?

1. Does charging your device when switched off— improves? 
  2. Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Charge your device in safe mode and let us know how it goes?
  3. Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the delay? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Random9
Paper Tape
Views: 2,532
Message 3 of 11

Re: Moto one power

I rebooted my phone a few times and somehow the turbocharge started working. It charged my phone in 3 hours this time, so yeah that problem is solved now. 

This question still stands though, how do I clear my cache partition on the phone?

MD99
Punch Card
Views: 956
Message 4 of 11

Re: Moto one power not turbo-charging

Hello,

I bought my Moto one power barely 20 days back and first 4-5 times the turbopower seemed to have worked and the phone used to charge upto 100% from 10% or less in approximately 2 and half hour or a bit longer. However subsequent charges are taking longer with 4-5 hours to charge the phone fully; even though the charger when connected shows turbocharger connected, later on it shows "charging rapidly" insted of "turbocharging" as it should be. I've tried multiple outlets and verified the voltage output to be adequate for the turbocharger to work aptly, by plugging in other devices and chargers that require similar voltage inputs. It'd be helpful if I could find some clarification on the issue, given I dont use too many apps, neither do they run on the background, and I definitely do not use the phone while it is charging, yet now it takes 5 hours atleast to charge completely, and that's not turbocharging; is it an issue with the phone, or the charger?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 948
Message 5 of 11

@MD99 wrote:

Hello,

I bought my Moto one power barely 20 days back and first 4-5 times the turbopower seemed to have worked and the phone used to charge upto 100% from 10% or less in approximately 2 and half hour or a bit longer. However subsequent charges are taking longer with 4-5 hours to charge the phone fully; even though the charger when connected shows turbocharger connected, later on it shows "charging rapidly" insted of "turbocharging" as it should be. I've tried multiple outlets and verified the voltage output to be adequate for the turbocharger to work aptly, by plugging in other devices and chargers that require similar voltage inputs. It'd be helpful if I could find some clarification on the issue, given I dont use too many apps, neither do they run on the background, and I definitely do not use the phone while it is charging, yet now it takes 5 hours atleast to charge completely, and that's not turbocharging; is it an issue with the phone, or the charger?

Thanks for all the details. Happy to investigate this. 

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
MD99
Punch Card
Views: 939
Message 6 of 11

Hello,

I have updated my profile with the information requested, and thank you for the detailed guidelines as to how to update the same. However I did not see any specific option on my settings page to keep Motorola Privacy on, merely privacy guidelines, and presume they are automatically on.

As for apps, you can take a look, but as I could not attach more than one screenshot in one post, in the previous post I could not provide the shot of the problem occuring even when the phone is being charged in safemode.

Nevertheless, please take a look and provide your inputs, it would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 901
Message 7 of 11

@MD99 wrote:

Hello,

I have updated my profile with the information requested, and thank you for the detailed guidelines as to how to update the same. However I did not see any specific option on my settings page to keep Motorola Privacy on, merely privacy guidelines, and presume they are automatically on.

As for apps, you can take a look, but as I could not attach more than one screenshot in one post, in the previous post I could not provide the shot of the problem occuring even when the phone is being charged in safemode.

Nevertheless, please take a look and provide your inputs, it would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry, my instructions were wrong for Privacy. It's actually Settings > System > Advanced > Motorola Privacy.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
MD99
Punch Card
Views: 898
Message 8 of 11

Thank you again, but I don't think you were wrong; there's no option for Motorola Privacy under my settings section even tough my device is registered, please find the screenshot attached. I'm not sure if it's set to a default, but I checked all the sections thoroughly.

Shivoham
Token Ring
Views: 867
Message 9 of 11

you have to enable this in your phone bro

goto : Settings > System > Advanced > Motorola Privacy

Screenshot_20190515-143149.png

MD99
Punch Card
Views: 840
Message 10 of 11

Oh okay, thanks for pointing that out, I had it confused with this account.
Top Kudoed Authors