02-04-2019 08:05 AM
This was a week back
Just an observation, but all of these screenshots show the imo app in recent use. You might try removing that and see if it was behind this.
I'll know more once I have the IMEI in your profile, and you permission -- please post it here -- to look at your apps.
02-04-2019 08:08 AM
I have tried that already....as a fact that is my normal usage which i used to use during oreo also then i didnt face this problem....as for permission u can view....i will update imei no
02-04-2019 11:12 AM
Also to inform that motocare india told me to flash my device.....is it advisable?
Well, it can't hurt, but not sure we've done much to understand this yet. Did they tell you anything else?
Can you give me a date/time of any of these incidents?
02-05-2019 07:28 AM
On 05.02.2019 around 8.45 pm my phone has rebooted. I was listening songs in my headphone with my phone in my pocket. The music suddenly got off and the phone was rebooting. Please give me an apt solution for this problem.
02-05-2019 07:44 AM - edited 02-05-2019 07:54 AM
On 03/02/2019 at around 08.:15 pm it rebooted also on 25/01/2019 at around 12:30pm
Thanks, we're investigating, but with just a couple incidents it's not easy to understand what's happening. Can you please report if it happens again? What you were doing at the time, date and time, etc.?
02-05-2019 07:56 AM - edited 02-05-2019 08:06 AM
You are welcome to look at my apps for whether they are contributing for the problem.
Many thanks for following instructions!
We will look into it. As I indicated, isolated reboots are hard to diagnose (and I think they are more common than we notice). If you can report any future incidents and include as many details as possible, that will help.
Also, since this was so recent, can you try to get a bug report?
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go in to the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled and will show in your Settings menu.
3. Go to Settings > Developer options > Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings > Developer options > Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings > Developer options > Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
6. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
7. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and share the link to the BugReport via email to email@example.com, and include a note referring to this post so we know what it refers to.
8. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.
Thanks! If you can do this, it would also be good if you could then try to reproduce the issue, and get a second bug report afterward.