Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jagasrik
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,073
Message 1 of 10

Moto one power taking 4 hours to charge while switched off

Hi,

I recently bought one power and updated my phone to pie, as soon as i inserted my sim.

Later the day, I charged the phone after completly using up the battery, i had noted it down it took 2:46mins to charge first time from 0-100%. I used it for more than two days and installed more apps also charged moto one power couple of times before it is completly zero in between.

Now surprisingly, charging my phone from 0-100% and its taking nearly 4 hours to charge now. I know thats not turbo charging.

-updated to pie

-used only turbo power charger in box 

is there a possiblity that apps can influence the charging time even when the phone is switched off ? or is it only meant to turbo charge first couple of times ?

Why was my first 0-100% charge was at 2:40 mins and now the same phone same charger is taking like 4 hours both are done while mobiles switched off, what is the reason for this?

Should i opt for the refund or replacement of the mobile or is it just another software bug ? 

Highlighted
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,058
Message 2 of 10

Re: Moto one power taking 4 hours to charge while switched off

@jagasrik wrote:

Hi,

I recently bought one power and updated my phone to pie, as soon as i inserted my sim.

Later the day, I charged the phone after completly using up the battery, i had noted it down it took 2:46mins to charge first time from 0-100%. I used it for more than two days and installed more apps also charged moto one power couple of times before it is completly zero in between.

Now surprisingly, charging my phone from 0-100% and its taking nearly 4 hours to charge now. I know thats not turbo charging.

-updated to pie

-used only turbo power charger in box 

is there a possiblity that apps can influence the charging time even when the phone is switched off ? or is it only meant to turbo charge first couple of times ?

Why was my first 0-100% charge was at 2:40 mins and now the same phone same charger is taking like 4 hours both are done while mobiles switched off, what is the reason for this?

Should i opt for the refund or replacement of the mobile or is it just another software bug ? 

Probably neither. Most likely a problem with the charger, which we will replace if that's the issue. Sorry you're having this problem.

Have you tried it with more than one outlet? Just to make sure it's not an issue there?

And when the phone is turned on, do you see the "TurboPower connected" message when you plug it in? I'd be interested in seeing how fast it charges if you start like that, see the TurboPower message, and then turn it off to charge.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
jagasrik
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,051
Message 3 of 10

Hi Matt,

Thanks for quick reply !

I havent visited any outlets yet this is only my 3rd day of phone since i bought it. 

I do see "TurboPower connected" message as quick pop up and hide message in bottom of my screen, just now connected and verfied it.

I just charged mobile like 20 mins ago it took exactly 4 hours and 40 secs while it was charing i had noticed Turbopower trade mark in bottom of the screen since i charged it while switced off.

Do you want me to plug in the charger see the message then turn the phone manually off when phone is at like 1% of the battery ?

Motorola Admin
Views: 1,037
Message 4 of 10

@jagasrik wrote:

Hi Matt,

Thanks for quick reply !

I havent visited any outlets yet this is only my 3rd day of phone since i bought it. 

I do see "TurboPower connected" message as quick pop up and hide message in bottom of my screen, just now connected and verfied it.

I just charged mobile like 20 mins ago it took exactly 4 hours and 40 secs while it was charing i had noticed Turbopower trade mark in bottom of the screen since i charged it while switced off.

Do you want me to plug in the charger see the message then turn the phone manually off when phone is at like 1% of the battery ?

Hi.

First -- when I said "outlets" I mean where you plug it into the wall. Smiley Very Happy Wanted you to try a different wall outlet.

You don't have to drain it all the way to 1 percent, but if you get it down to 20% or so, can you plug it in, confirm it's TurboPowered, and then shut it off to charge? Let me know how long it takes.

Thanks!

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
jagasrik
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,009
Message 5 of 10

Hi Matt,

Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy  gotcha! 

Today i started my phone charging from 1:51pm plugged into different outlet, while phone was exactly 20%, i have verified it showed TurboPowered in the wallscreen clock circle, then i switched off the mobile and monitored for entire time, it took 16:25pm to reach 100%. 

Thats like 2 h 34 mins, this is more time then expected at my first full charge it took 2h 50 mins for 0-100% but now it is taking lot of time, i dont understand why there is sudden variation. If i would start from 0% then it might take really long to reach 100%.

EDIT: It really takes time to drain the battery and charge again atleast 8h 30 mins SOT, thats the hard/good work there! 

Motorola Admin
Views: 961
Message 6 of 10

@jagasrik wrote:

Hi Matt,

Smiley Very Happy  Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy  gotcha! 

Today i started my phone charging from 1:51pm plugged into different outlet, while phone was exactly 20%, i have verified it showed TurboPowered in the wallscreen clock circle, then i switched off the mobile and monitored for entire time, it took 16:25pm to reach 100%. 

Thats like 2 h 34 mins, this is more time then expected at my first full charge it took 2h 50 mins for 0-100% but now it is taking lot of time, i dont understand why there is sudden variation. If i would start from 0% then it might take really long to reach 100%.

EDIT: It really takes time to drain the battery and charge again atleast 8h 30 mins SOT, thats the hard/good work there! 

It doesn't seem that bad to me, given the size of the battery, but let me ask what the expected charge time is.

I don't really understand your comment about taking a lot longer. Not a huge difference between 2h 34 min and 2h 50 min. I'd call that normal variation.

- Matt

jagasrik
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 958
Message 7 of 10

Hi Matt,

You missed my point.

I meant to say it took 20% -> 100% , 2h 34 mins.

While my first charge from 0% -> 100% took 2h 50 mins. 

EDIT:

Second charge from 0%->100% took exactly 4h.

Considering the fact that 0-20% and 90-100% is generally the time consuming portion to charge battery. 

I drained my mobile again to 0% today and charged till 100% from totally different room wall outlet, but this time with the c type port charging cable is inserted in while the zig zag in the metal is pointed downwards which is at the tip of charger cable.

Today it took exactly 2h 53m, this is not bad for me and a acceptable. Smiley Happy

But I just want to know does this small inserting the cable upwards or downwards into the phone charging port make that much difference ? 

While both shown turbopowered message but only one seems to actually work. 

Motorola Admin
Views: 947
Message 8 of 10

@jagasrik wrote:

Hi Matt,

You missed my point.

I meant to say it took 20% -> 100% , 2h 34 mins.

While my first charge from 0% -> 100% took 2h 50 mins. 

EDIT:

Second charge from 0%->100% took exactly 4h.

Considering the fact that 0-20% and 90-100% is generally the time consuming portion to charge battery. 

I drained my mobile again to 0% today and charged till 100% from totally different room wall outlet, but this time with the c type port charging cable is inserted in while the zig zag in the metal is pointed downwards which is at the tip of charger cable.

Today it took exactly 2h 53m, this is not bad for me and a acceptable. Smiley Happy

But I just want to know does this small inserting the cable upwards or downwards into the phone charging port make that much difference ? 

While both shown turbopowered message but only one seems to actually work. 

I don't think a single example of a long charge time is enough to determine that there is an issue. Fully charging in 2-1/2 to three hours is normal for a battery this size. I doubt the reversing of the cable has anything to do with it. And it does charge much faster when the battery level is low, so the variation you cited is not unusual.

If you have a bunch of incidents when the charging time is four hours, please document the date and time and conditions and we can take a look.

Thanks,

- Matt

jagasrik
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 935
Message 9 of 10

Hi Matt,

That's cool, may be different wall outlet might worked out in here , I will try with different outlet again next time, apart from this - what can influence the battery charging time when it's totally switched off?. 

SeMoZaKi
Fanfold Paper
Views: 381
Message 10 of 10

Well, if it's the Motorola one (not the power model)I do not think it's normal, I have the G6 Play bike with 4000 mah and it does not take that long (like 2 hours and 10 minutes) now, if you have the power model, then your charging time is normal considering that they are 5000 mah.I hope it is of great help, regards and luck.

Top Kudoed Authors