Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arun_sankar
What's DOS?
Views: 2,897
Message 1 of 13

Motorola One Power Battery Slow Charging Issue

I have recently bought a Motorola One Power. It generally takes 2 days for full charge. The charging is so slow. Is there some resolution for this issue? Or the device I bought is defective? 

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,747
Message 2 of 13

Re: Motorola One Power Battery Slow Charging Issue

@arun_sankar wrote:

I have recently bought a Motorola One Power. It generally takes 2 days for full charge. The charging is so slow. Is there some resolution for this issue? Or the device I bought is defective? 

To see if it's an app that is causing the problem try charging the phone in,"Safemode".This disables 3rd party apps.

Press and hold the power button and then Long-press on the OK button and choose to reboot into Safemode.See if the phone charges quicker?

Nikhil321
SCSI Port
Views: 2,731
Message 3 of 13

@arun_sankar wrote:

2 days?? Are you serious charger must be defective or there might be problem with phone my phone charges to 100% in 2 hours ask for replacement since u just got ur phone that's best option rather than visiting service centre

Pothi
SCSI Port
Views: 2,705
Message 4 of 13

Mine takes 4 hours to charge. Weird.

Matt-Murdock
HDMI
Views: 2,641
Message 5 of 13

Mine takes 2 and half hours.If i charge in airplane mode its 2hrs and sot i get is around 14-15hrs with 4-5% charge left . No high end games and stuff just basic usage 

@Pothi
Ps : I do not work for Motorola, I'm just a consumer who owns a Motorola one power
Mrkachre
Token Ring
Views: 2,585
Message 6 of 13

2 days for a full charge is way beyond normal.  Rather, it's highly abnormal.

What I'd recommend here is to first check it with a different, but similar, Moto charger and cable as well to see if the issue of slow charging persists if this has not already been done (posts above do not talk about the charger or cable being used, which would be helpful in understanding specifics a bit more).  Why I am recommending this is because when I got my MOP, I was trying to charge it using a Moto TurboPower supporting charger, but the cable was of Microsoft/Nokia.  Due to this, it'd always show 'charging slowly' instead of 'TurboPower connected'.  Then I changed the cable and everything was fine.  Thus, recommended is always to use the accompanying charger and cable instead of something else.

Will wait for a revert.

Gauravsingh99
What's DOS?
Views: 2,249
Message 7 of 13

Nothing seems to be helping in this case.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 2,203
Message 8 of 13

@Gauravsingh99 wrote:

Nothing seems to be helping in this case.

Hi.

What seems to be the problem, slow charging?

• Can you confirm that you are using the charger that came with the phone?
  • Please provide some details about the speed of charging. Remember that the phone (using the included charger) will charge more quickly at low battery levels, and more slowly as it fills.
  • Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,620
Message 9 of 13

Brother are you sure 100% in 2 hour ??

Ronit03
What's DOS?
Views: 1,404
Message 10 of 13

My device was working well and i would easily get my phone completely charged within 2and a half hours with turbo charging. But recently its taking quite a lot of time like nearly 4 hours. What should i do?

Top Kudoed Authors