Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OkamiKai17
Fanfold Paper
Views: 494
Message 1 of 7

Motorola One Power-Heavy app crash after January Security patch

I have some serious issues with the Moto One Power that I am using. After the January Security patch, it went from bad to worse as not just a few apps, but all apps started crashing one after the other. I tried clearing cache and starting the phone on safe mode but there were no changes.

Need immediate assistance regarding the situation. It feels as if, the security patch is not a security patch but a bugs patch which included tons of bugs into it.Screenshot_20190206-091526.png

This is the image of my WhatsApp crashing and it says app not available after which it prompted me for sending an error report or close the app or wait for a few moments for the app to start responding again. It's not just with the WhatsApp but with all the other apps as well, even the Google Play Music which is Google's home product.

onepower1
What's DOS?
Views: 415
Message 2 of 7

Re: Motorola One Power-Heavy app crash after January Security patch

After january 2019 security patch update my Moto one power started crashing very badly some app stop functioning in between then I have to wait for some time or need to restart my phone.

Moto this is not done please try to refix the bug as soon as possible.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 400
Message 3 of 7

@OkamiKai17 wrote:

I have some serious issues with the Moto One Power that I am using. After the January Security patch, it went from bad to worse as not just a few apps, but all apps started crashing one after the other. I tried clearing cache and starting the phone on safe mode but there were no changes.

Need immediate assistance regarding the situation. It feels as if, the security patch is not a security patch but a bugs patch which included tons of bugs into it.

This is the image of my WhatsApp crashing and it says app not available after which it prompted me for sending an error report or close the app or wait for a few moments for the app to start responding again. It's not just with the WhatsApp but with all the other apps as well, even the Google Play Music which is Google's home product.

Hi.

Sorry you're having issues -- this is unusual to be sure. I do have a post stickied to the top of this community here with instructions on this type of thing. Basically we need more details, and especially we need your phone IMEI and permission to look at your apps.

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943 

onepower1, please do the same. Thanks.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
OkamiKai17
Fanfold Paper
Views: 293
Message 4 of 7

Greetings,
I am sorry to say this but it is not accepting my device serial no., IMEI no., and MEID as well. I can post it here itself for your convenience and I have turned on the Motorola Privacy as well.
Please do the needful.
Thanks and Regards
Motorola Admin
Views: 253
Message 5 of 7

@OkamiKai17 wrote:
Greetings,
I am sorry to say this but it is not accepting my device serial no., IMEI no., and MEID as well. I can post it here itself for your convenience and I have turned on the Motorola Privacy as well.
Please do the needful.
Thanks and Regards

Are you even able to get to your profile? What problem are you having entering your IMEI?

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
OkamiKai17
Fanfold Paper
Views: 251
Message 6 of 7

I log in using Google account and so I guess there is some problem with taking in the IDs. I have attached a photograph with it so you can pinpoint the detail.

• Removed for your privacy. - Matt

Motorola Admin
Views: 240
Message 7 of 7

@OkamiKai17 wrote:

I log in using Google account and so I guess there is some problem with taking in the IDs. I have attached a photograph with it so you can pinpoint the detail.

• Removed for your privacy. - Matt

Okay, that's a separate issue - it is not the forums registration field. Can you please follow the instructions and fill it in there, and I will look into this issue?

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

- Matt

Top Kudoed Authors