Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samup
Paper Tape
Views: 643
Message 11 of 46

Re: Motorola One Power - apps crashes after Pie Update

I am facing several problems since my phone got the pie update, initially there was network instability but after December update that problem got fixed, but now many apps like YouTube, Facebook, and Pi music are crashing frequently, also sometimes system UI crashes and I have to restart the phone. I never expected such a poorly designed update release from Motorola, moreover there are no solutions sought to fix this problem in last two months, disappointing.

shaunakvyas1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 571
Message 12 of 46

I think the pie is launched in beta phase commercially which is the worst thing. My Google apps like Gmail, Files go, YouTube, Hangouts along with Regular apps like WhatsApp, WhatsApp Business, Facebook and others freeze everytime. It has been just two days since I purchased my Motorola One Power, downloaded updates, installed them and upgraded to pie. I would like to go off the track here by informing that I have two SIM Cards of Vodafone in my phone and 4G is not at all working in any of them which is even worst as I had Moto G5 Plus previous to this one and I had no complaints. I understand Android One is catching up and everything can not be smoothened up at the same time, but I did not expect this kind of irresponsibility from Motorola because I can see people are facing these kinds of weird issues and still there is no robust solution. Anyways, I am with Motorola and I hope the pie is ready to be served soon. Smiley Happy

Shaunak Agastya Vyas
https://tinu.live
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 570
Message 13 of 46

@shaunakvyas1 wrote:

I think the pie is launched in beta phase commercially which is the worst thing. My Google apps like Gmail, Files go, YouTube, Hangouts along with Regular apps like WhatsApp, WhatsApp Business, Facebook and others freeze everyone. It has been just two days since I purchased my Motorola One Power, downloaded updates, installed them and upgraded to pie. I would like to go off the track here by informing that I have two SIM Cards of Vodafone in my phone and 4G is not at all working in any of them which is even worst as I had Moto G5 Plus previous to this one and I had no complaints. I understand Android One is catching up and everything can not be smoothen up at the same time, but I did not expect this kind of irresponsibility from Motorola because I can see people are facing these kinds of weird issues and still there is no robust solution. Anyways, I am with Motorola and I hope the pie is ready to be served soon. Smiley Happy

Hi.

Your experience is not typical. We don't release Beta versions so that is not the issue here. Let's figure this out!

First, thanks for having your IMEI in your profile. Would you mind if I look at your apps to see if there are clues there?

Second, please be sure that all of your apps are up-to-date. (Play Store > Menu > My apps & games > Update all.) It could be that they are not on the Pie versions and that's causing the issues. You may want to test in Safe Mode to see how the phone runs without any 3rd party apps active. (To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.) I suspect you will have much better performance, and that we'll be able to track this to an app issue.

Let me know, thanks.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
shaunakvyas1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 558
Message 14 of 46

@

Thank you for replying. I give you access to my Apps. I switched to Safe mode, infact, currently I am replying to you from safe mode only. But no app except Chrome is working. Updating the apps does not work as well. Actually after having the latest security update, the app freezing issues have increased a lot. Please see this: Motorola One Power-Heavy app crash after January Security patch

Shaunak Agastya Vyas
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 515
Message 15 of 46

@shaunakvyas1 wrote:

@

Thank you for replying. I give you access to my Apps. I switched to Safe mode, infact, currently I am replying to you from safe mode only. But no app except Chrome is working. Updating the apps does not work as well. Actually after having the latest security update, the app freezing issues have increased a lot. Please see this: Motorola One Power-Heavy app crash after January Security patch

Yes, but we never heard back on that thread so can't call it the same thing.

Did you try updating the apps from Safe Mode? That will NOT work. Update from normal mode and see if that works.

I'll see what the apps tell me.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
shaunakvyas1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 507
Message 16 of 46

@MattForumsMngr

The apps get updated in normal mode. I applied factory reset to the phone. After resetting, I am now having Android 9 with Security patch of January 2019. See the attached Screenshot. Also, the Google Play Store is having issues while downloading and updating apps. Each time when I want to download or update any app in play store, I have to clear the storage data and cache of play store which is quite weird. The app freezing is still there and the weird part is that Google Apps like Gmail never open though Apps like Whatsapp still open sometimes.

Shaunak Agastya Vyas
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 482
Message 17 of 46

@shaunakvyas1 wrote:

@MattForumsMngr

The apps get updated in normal mode. I applied factory reset to the phone. After resetting, I am now having Android 9 with Security patch of January 2019. See the attached Screenshot. Also, the Google Play Store is having issues while downloading and updating apps. Each time when I want to download or update any app in play store, I have to clear the storage data and cache of play store which is quite weird. The app freezing is still there and the weird part is that Google Apps like Gmail never open though Apps like Whatsapp still open sometimes.

Hi.

Wow. That's a LOT of app crashes. This is not something we're seeing on other devices.

I see you have done several factory data resets. I am guessing that you are restoring the apps from a previous phone? If that's correct, could you do an FDR WITHOUT restore of apps? I'm concerned that there is some combination of apps that is causing the problem here and if you are restoring the same apps, it's just going to continue.

If I'm wrong, and you added all of these apps "by hand" on your MOP, please let me know. I'm going to ask an engineer to take a look.

Thanks,

- Matt

shaunakvyas1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 468
Message 18 of 46

After factory data reset, I tried to install apps both the ways: By hand and by restoring from my old Moto G5 Plus. The issues remain the same. The Gmail App is not even getting launched. See the screenshot attached. I kindly request you to resolve this issue as soon as possible because I do not have any other phone as backup.Screenshot_20190213-232614.png

Shaunak Agastya Vyas
Chy_asim6
SCSI Port
Views: 463
Message 19 of 46

Sir, the same problem happened with me...

The facebook app, messaging apps and the new updated apps locker are crashing constantly...

Please find a way to solve this problem...

Thanks

Ashim kumar roy
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 423
Message 20 of 46

@shaunakvyas1 wrote:

After factory data reset, I tried to install apps both the ways: By hand and by restoring from my old Moto G5 Plus. The issues remain the same. The Gmail App is not even getting launched. See the screenshot attached. I kindly request you to resolve this issue as soon as possible because I do not have any other phone as backup.

Hi.

According to the check-in data, things have cleared up in terms of app crashes. You went from more than 100 on Tuesday to just one yesterday. Looks like whatever change you made on the latest FDR helped. I would absolutely STOP doing FDRs and let the phone stabilize now. That can take a couple of days, but things are looking better.

Please do report any issues, but stop resetting the phone.

Thanks,

- Matt

Top Kudoed Authors