cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
deba007
Paper Tape
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎02-08-2019
Location: IN
Views: 271
Message 1 of 16

Motorola One Power cannot record video for more then 1 minute in any resolution.

Dear All,

 

My Motorola One Power cannot record video for more then one minute with the default app. I have downloaded several video recording apps from the Play store but none of them recorded for more then one minute in any resolution of 720P, 1080P or even 4K.

 

Kindly suggest what needs to be done to solve the issue.

 

Thanks in advance.

Deba.

 

DM
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Posts: 16,686
Registered: ‎02-03-2016
Location: US
Views: 237
Message 2 of 16

Re: Motorola One Power cannot record video for more then 1 minute in any resolution.


@deba007 wrote:

Dear All,

 

My Motorola One Power cannot record video for more then one minute with the default app. I have downloaded several video recording apps from the Play store but none of them recorded for more then one minute in any resolution of 720P, 1080P or even 4K.

 

Kindly suggest what needs to be done to solve the issue.

 

Thanks in advance.

Deba.

 


Hi.

 

Sorry to hear this -- it's a new problem to me.

 

The first thing that occurs to me is to check to see if your phone has enough memory to store a large video. Can you check under Settings > Storage? Do you have an SD card in the phone?

 

When this happens, does the video just turn off right on the dot of 60 seconds?

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
deba007
Paper Tape
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎02-08-2019
Location: IN
Views: 230
Message 3 of 16

Re: Motorola One Power cannot record video for more then 1 minute in any resolution.

My SD card has 16 GB space and the Phone has 30GB space but still cannot record video for more then one minute at any resolution. The video automatically stops at one minute or a liitle over one minute.............

DM
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Posts: 16,686
Registered: ‎02-03-2016
Location: US
Views: 224
Message 4 of 16

Re: Motorola One Power cannot record video for more then 1 minute in any resolution.


@deba007 wrote:

My SD card has 16 GB space and the Phone has 30GB space but still cannot record video for more then one minute at any resolution. The video automatically stops at one minute or a liitle over one minute.............


Okay, thanks.

 

Are you trying to record directly from the camera? Compared to trying to add a video to an SMS or some other messaging program? Sometimes those apps can have size limits.

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
deba007
Paper Tape
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎02-08-2019
Location: IN
Views: 204
Message 5 of 16

Re: Motorola One Power cannot record video for more then 1 minute in any resolution.

I am recording directly through the In-built Camera App of Motorola One Power and not through any Messaging or email App. One thing I have noticed that sometimes Facebook Video Playback stops playing when it reaches little over one minute. I have tried recording video at different resolution by other third party apps but the same limitataion of approx. one minute is present.

 

Recently I have recorded video using an app from the play store named - "secret video recorder", the video records for a long time without any time limitation but the App doesnt show the video preview while recording so it makes video recording a bit difficult.

 

Thanks in advance.

Deba. 

 

 

DM
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Posts: 16,686
Registered: ‎02-03-2016
Location: US
Views: 156
Message 6 of 16

Re: Motorola One Power cannot record video for more then 1 minute in any resolution.


@deba007 wrote:

I am recording directly through the In-built Camera App of Motorola One Power and not through any Messaging or email App. One thing I have noticed that sometimes Facebook Video Playback stops playing when it reaches little over one minute. I have tried recording video at different resolution by other third party apps but the same limitataion of approx. one minute is present.

 

Recently I have recorded video using an app from the play store named - "secret video recorder", the video records for a long time without any time limitation but the App doesnt show the video preview while recording so it makes video recording a bit difficult.

 

Thanks in advance.

Deba. 

 

 


Hmmm, okay. Let's try this.

 

Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Then use the Camera app to record video and see if the limit is still in place.

 

Also, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

 

Thanks,

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
deba007
Paper Tape
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎02-08-2019
Location: IN
Views: 136
Message 7 of 16

Re: Motorola One Power cannot record video for more then 1 minute in any resolution.

I have started the Motorola One Power Phone in "Safe Mode" and now I can record video with the built in app. for a long time wihout any problem ,which means there is some problem with any application loaded.I have upgraded my profile with the IMEI number.I have recorded in both 720P and 4K for more then 10 Minutes in Safe Mode without any problem.

 

The next step is to identify the App that is causing the problem.

Thanks for the help.

 

DM.

 

DM
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Posts: 16,686
Registered: ‎02-03-2016
Location: US
Views: 124
Message 8 of 16

Re: Motorola One Power cannot record video for more then 1 minute in any resolution.


@deba007 wrote:

I have started the Motorola One Power Phone in "Safe Mode" and now I can record video with the built in app. for a long time wihout any problem ,which means there is some problem with any application loaded.I have upgraded my profile with the IMEI number.I have recorded in both 720P and 4K for more then 10 Minutes in Safe Mode without any problem.

 

The next step is to identify the App that is causing the problem.

Thanks for the help.

 

DM.

 


Great, thanks. I'll take a look, but I suggest removing any camera apps first.

 

- Matt

 

 

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
deba007
Paper Tape
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎02-08-2019
Location: IN
Views: 118
Message 9 of 16

Re: Motorola One Power cannot record video for more then 1 minute in any resolution.

OK............

DM
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Posts: 16,686
Registered: ‎02-03-2016
Location: US
Views: 116
Message 10 of 16

Re: Motorola One Power cannot record video for more then 1 minute in any resolution.

Hi DM.

 

I am not seeing anything obvious in your check-in data. No obvious crashes, etc., great battery life. So I think we'll find it's a 3rd party app causing this.

 

I do want to ask -- are you using the charger that came with the phone to charge it?

 

Regards,

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Top Kudoed Authors