Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tangoguy
Paper Tape
Views: 432
Message 1 of 11

Motorola One WiFi speed slow

I have Motorola One 2 months old, updated to Pie. Using with BTSmart Hub2. Line speed at router when connected with Ethernet cable is 80mb, but on Moto One WiFi it is about 15mb. WiFi signal strength is good at -40db. Why is WiFi so slow, my old Samsung S6 was 40mb on WiFi, is this a problem with Motorola one?

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 380
Message 2 of 11

Re: Motorola One WiFi speed slow

@Tangoguy wrote:

I have Motorola One 2 months old, updated to Pie. Using with BTSmart Hub2. Line speed at router when connected with Ethernet cable is 80mb, but on Moto One WiFi it is about 15mb. WiFi signal strength is good at -40db. Why is WiFi so slow, my old Samsung S6 was 40mb on WiFi, is this a problem with Motorola one?

Hi.

That does sound slow. How are you measuring the speed? And can you measure it on a different WiFi network to see if it is consistently at that speed or if it depends on the network?

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Tangoguy
Paper Tape
Views: 370
Message 3 of 11

I have tried 2 different WIFI analysers and used Ookla for speed test. I tried my friend's network and it recorded 1.3 to 20mb download. He has BT Smart Hub 2. In all cases the wifi strength was good at -40db, ie next to router.

Tangoguy
Paper Tape
Views: 368
Message 4 of 11

Additional info: Tried speed test with my Lenovo Ideapad Laptop, it recorded 50mb download with wiFi, not ethernet.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 346
Message 5 of 11

@Tangoguy wrote:

Additional info: Tried speed test with my Lenovo Ideapad Laptop, it recorded 50mb download with wiFi, not ethernet.

Thanks for the additional information, we have passed it along. Could you also confirm if you are connected to 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

-Swaraj

Tangoguy
Paper Tape
Views: 334
Message 6 of 11

The BT Hub router automatically chooses the best channel dynamically, but generally it seems to be on 5Ghz. Channel 11.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 318
Message 7 of 11

Hi Tangoguy,

We want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a Bug Report regarding this. Bug Report will collect information about your current device state.

Here's how:
Note: Capture the report right after the issue happened.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take Bug Report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the Bug Report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the Bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behaviour in local time.

Regards,

Swaraj

Lenovo Support

Tangoguy
Paper Tape
Views: 308
Message 8 of 11

Bug report. Slow WiFi speed recorded as 9.33mhz down: 18.2mhz up at 11.36 BST on 4 April.

IMI [Removed]

Not sure where to add on my profile

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f9ZxtSVT9stfbnA_WoU5rP9NHnOme76p/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SVZqhNXgBduiFvhWliKxiweNx4e3ijER/view?usp=drivesdk

Hope this helps.

John

Edited: Removed IMEI for privacy!

Motorola Admin
Views: 301
Message 9 of 11

Thanks John.

Could you try something? Turn off Bluetooth and let me know if that changes anything.

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Motorola Admin
Views: 300
Message 10 of 11

@Tangoguy wrote:

Bug report. Slow WiFi speed recorded as 9.33mhz down: 18.2mhz up at 11.36 BST on 4 April.

IMI [Removed]

Not sure where to add on my profile

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f9ZxtSVT9stfbnA_WoU5rP9NHnOme76p/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SVZqhNXgBduiFvhWliKxiweNx4e3ijER/view?usp=drivesdk

Hope this helps.

John

For help updating your profile, see here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

- Matt

Top Kudoed Authors