Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dunxd
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 748
Message 1 of 9

Motorola One update received in UK

Just received the latest Motorola One update in the UK.Screenshot_20190417-101835~2.png

This hasn't updated the phone to the April security update, so I'm guessing it is Motorola specific update. Change logs only mention stability updates, but interestingly the notes are dated 25th March before I got the March security update.

Not clear what the update might be aimed at fixing - something people have discussed or completely under the hood?

simotauro90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 534
Message 2 of 9

Re: Motorola One update received in UK

Hi, I'm typing from Italy!
Are you still at this version: PPK29.68-16-36? And still no April Security Update?

Mark811
802.11n
Views: 500
Message 3 of 9

@simotauro90 wrote:

Hi, I'm typing from Italy!
Are you still at this version: PPK29.68-16-36? And still no April Security Update?

Yes still the same here in UK.

simotauro90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 496
Message 4 of 9

Thanks, mate!
I've had a phone call with Motorola Support, here in Italy, this morning. They said that april security update is probably going to be delivered starting by the 9th of may.

Gae
Punch Card
Views: 492
Message 5 of 9

I already got April update, after stability update

in Italy

version: PPKS29.68-16-36-1

simotauro90
Fanfold Paper
Views: 490
Message 6 of 9

Ciao, io ho chiamato questa mattina il servizio di assistenza e mi hanno detto che il rollout inizia dal 9 maggio. Per adesso sono fermo alla versione di cui ho scritto sopra, che mi è stato confermato essere l'ultima, ma ancora con patch di marzo. Sai di altri che hanno le patch di aprile qui in Italia?

@Gae wrote:

I already got April update, after stability update

in Italy

version: PPKS29.68-16-36-1

@Gae

Gae
Punch Card
Views: 486
Message 7 of 9

no, solo io al momento, arrivano progressivamente e non a tutti insieme, pazientate qualche giorno e arrivera'.
conosco solo un'altra persona che ha questo telefono e ancora non ha ricevuto l'agg. con le patch di aprile, mentre ha ricevuto quell'agg. di stabilita'
Gif2D
SCSI Port
Views: 350
Message 8 of 9

OK, at this moment everybody should receive OTA PPKS29.68-16-36-1 (April Security Update).

Did anybody got Dual LTE or VoLTE, VoWiFi working in Europe?

Motorola One™
dunxd
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 317
Message 9 of 9

Since the April security update my Motorola One has been inconsistent in detecting the internet connection when connected to WiFi, showing a small X next to the WiFi icon and stating no internet next to the connection in WIFI settings. As I write this it says no internet, but I clearly am online able to surf etc.

Update: a little more digging and it turns out this is related to the Private DNS setting in Android Pie. I have this enabled to use Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1 service as detailed at https://blog.cloudflare.com/enable-private-dns-with-1-1-1-1-on-android-9-pie/

I have had this enabled for many weeks with no issues till last week's update to April security patch. Now when connected to WiFi (and with Mobile Data off) Private DNS shows as not connected, and browsing the web is not possible. Switch off private DNS and browsing works.

With Mobile Data on and WiFi off, and private DNS set to cloudflare browsing works.

Looks like the update broke private DNS function when connected by WiFi.

Top Kudoed Authors