01-31-2019

CO

1 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 2

Motorola one doesn't start

2019-01-31, 5:21 AM

Hi, everyone. Yesterday, I updated the system of my Motorola One. I have also installed some applications that I had in another device (Tandem) and updated some others (Nike and others that are very common). I felt my phone a little bit slow, so I decided to restart it, but I'm so unlucky that it doesn't restart: it only shows the very first logo of androidone (the first image that appears when the phone is tuned on). I don't know whether it's a problem of the phone itself or whether it's a problem with the new update. Does anyone have the same problem? What would you recommend me to do in order to make my phone work again?

Thanks so much.

Options

17612 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2206 Signins

52027 Page Views

• Views: 52027
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Motorola one doesn't start

2019-01-31, 15:21 PM

wrote:

Hi, everyone. Yesterday, I updated the system of my Motorola One. I have also installed some applications that I had in another device (Tandem) and updated some others (Nike and others that are very common). I felt my phone a little bit slow, so I decided to restart it, but I'm so unlucky that it doesn't restart: it only shows the very first logo of androidone (the first image that appears when the phone is tuned on). I don't know whether it's a problem of the phone itself or whether it's a problem with the new update. Does anyone have the same problem? What would you recommend me to do in order to make my phone work again?

Thanks so much.

Hi.

This sounds pretty unusual -- sorry you're having this problem. 

It sounds like you can't turn it off then, right? If you can, or if the battery can be allowed to die, you can try this from when the phone is off.

1. Once the phone is off, plug it in so it's charging. (You probably want to try this when the battery is fairly low, so that if we need to try a few different things it won't take long for the battery to die and the phone to turn off.)
  2. Press and hold the Power and Volume Down key at the same time for five or six seconds; you should see the AP Fastboot screen come up. Release the buttons.
  3. THE EASY THING TO TRY: Next to the Power key you should see a word bubble that says START. Press the power key and see if the phone boots up properly. Note that this may not help and you will have to start over if it doesn't.
  4. THE HARDER THING TO TRY: A factory data reset. This will basically wipe your phone and you will start over, but with the updates you downloaded installed.
  5. Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you are back at the AP Fastboot screen.
  6. Click the Down Volume button twice until the bubble next to the Power Key says RECOVERY MODE, then press the Power Key.
  7. Wait a few seconds -- it will appear to be stuck on the startup screen, but then will show the Android Recovery page. 
  8. Click the Volume Down key four times until "Wipe data/factory reset." is highlighted. As I said, it will wipe your phone so I hope your photos, etc., were backed up!
  9. Click the Power Key to initiate the reset.

If the above doesn't work I'm afraid you will have to submit the phone for repair. But I think it will work. 

Let me know how it goes.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save