Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krishna2885
Punch Card
Views: 1,375
Message 1 of 13

Motorola one power - Dolby limits

Motorola one power does great things in sound. I really like the new Dolby app but the problem is when I connect it to earphones the graphical equilizer locks at +3db and there is no option to further increase it. It lacks the option to turn on surround in music mode. Also dolby app does not take into effect when connected to external speaker or home theatre which I was getting in my previous motorola Moto m.when playing musics graphical equilizer does not even shows the variation...

• Subject line edited to make it more specific. - Matt
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,250
Message 2 of 13

Re: Motorola one power issues

@Krishna2885 wrote:

Motorola one power does great things in sound. I really like the new Dolby app but the problem is when I connect it to earphones the graphical equilizer locks at +3db and there is no option to further increase it. It lacks the option to turn on surround in music mode. Also dolby app does not take into effect when connected to external speaker or home theatre which I was getting in my previous motorola Moto m.when playing musics graphical equilizer does not even shows the variation...

Hi Krishna2885,

Welcome to Forums,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Request you to check with below "Clear data" option & share us know the more information on same so that we could look into this matter.

Tap on Settings>>Apps & notifications>>Advanced>>See all apps >>3 vertical dots>>Show system>>Dolby audio>>Storage>>Clear Data. (Restart the device)

Required information:

1. Are you using the offline sound files or online, like internal music, record files or Youtube or online games, songs?

2. Did you check in headphones/headsets?

3. Did you check with any third-party apps?

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Krishna2885
Punch Card
Views: 1,230
Message 3 of 13

As u said I cleared the data of Dolby app and restarted the device still the problem is there.
I usually hears musics offline, watches YouTube and plays online games.
The headset am using is perfectly ok. I checked it with the Dolby enabled Motorola Moto M(my previous device).
I have checked using third party apps and the result was just awesome. I was able to customize the equilizer inside the third party app everything was working fine also i was able to customize the equilizer and it was awesome. The inbuilt Dolby apps gets stucks at +3db but with the third party app I was able to get the maximum out of it.
Mark811
802.11n
Views: 1,216
Message 4 of 13

If the One Power works like it does in my One.

The Dolby Audio app limits to +3db to protect your ears with Wired headphones or Bluetooth is connected, unplug or disconnect Bluetooth and then the settings will automatically revert back to your high settings - as long as you did not change them while headphones connected.

With my One, if you do not open the Dolby Audio app while headphones/Bluetooth are connected, it will carry on using the high settings - opening the app is when the settings drop down.  Would have thought that if it's for protection - it should drop them down automatically as soon as headphones or Bluetooth connects without opening the app first?.

Krishna2885
Punch Card
Views: 1,020
Message 5 of 13

The sound is limited to +3db when connected with headset. What's the point of limiting it by saying it could damage our ear? A warning pop-up was enough. We need the control of it. It is users who must decide the level of volume. Please remove the limit from it. It's extremely a disappointment because my previous Moto m was so great with it's dolby Atmos app so please remove the limit and instead can't u provide a warning message
inkivoto
Paper Tape
Views: 882
Message 6 of 13

In my Moto One I find the same problem, I really don't understood the 3db limit. Maybe 6db or a warning advice would be enought.

As I have read,  if you set the level without the headphones pluggled you can set the equalizer up to 12db. Now close dolby app, plugg the phones and the level is still set in 12db, you can listen music with this setting.

if you open de dolby app again the level will be limited to 3db again.

Then,  there is a way to deceive the limit, set adjust and close Dolby app. 

Lenovo, please delete the 3db limitation or don't  fix the "bug".

Amit622
What's DOS?
Views: 694
Message 7 of 13

How to disable Dolby Atmos 3db limit in headphones. If you limit Costomer then what is the use of Dolby Atmos. You just give warning and let us decide the limit

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 620
Message 8 of 13

@Amit622 wrote:

How to disable Dolby Atmos 3db limit in headphones. If you limit Costomer then what is the use of Dolby Atmos. You just give warning and let us decide the limit

For safety reasons, I don't see this changing. We will pass on your feedback.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Rajeev157
Punch Card
Views: 412
Message 9 of 13

Re: Motorola one power - Dolby limits

Upgrade it to dolby audio you can enjoy music above 3db with customize setting

Rajeev Sharma
AngryHari
What's DOS?
Views: 253
Message 10 of 13

Re: Motorola one power - Dolby limits

How did you upgrade it to this version?!

Top Kudoed Authors