IN

16 Signins

133 Page Views

• Views: 133
  • Message 1 of 136

Network Signal Reception Unstable in Motorola One Power

2018-11-02, 13:22 PM

Hello,

I am an owner of a Motorola One Power and from the first day itself, I am encountering problems with signal reception bar. The Volte signal bar keeps on fluctuating, even at places where the network is very strong. I have tested the same SIM in other Volte smartphones and the signal comes full and stable. I have used multiple Moto devices in the past and never faced such issues. I also read users complaining about the same issue in the forum, pertaining to other models too.

Please do not tell me that the problem lies with the telecom operator or any app. 

Recently I have updated the Security patch till September, but there is no improvement whatsoever. Please look into the matter.

Options

19342 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2384 Signins

59203 Page Views

• Views: 59203
  • Message 2 of 136

Re: Network Signal Reception Unstable in Motorola One Power

2018-11-02, 14:33 PM

wrote:

Hello,

I am an owner of a Motorola One Power and from the first day itself, I am encountering problems with signal reception bar. The Volte signal bar keeps on fluctuating, even at places where the network is very strong. I have tested the same SIM in other Volte smartphones and the signal comes full and stable. I have used multiple Moto devices in the past and never faced such issues. I also read users complaining about the same issue in the forum, pertaining to other models too.

Please do not tell me that the problem lies with the telecom operator or any app. 

Recently I have updated the Security patch till September, but there is no improvement whatsoever. Please look into the matter.

Hi.

Interesting. Have these fluctuations resulted in poor reception, dropped calls, etc?

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Thanks,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

35 Posts

06-04-2017

IN

44 Signins

527 Page Views

• Views: 527
  • Message 3 of 136

2018-11-03, 15:44 PM
I am also facing same issues with signal reception on my Motorola one power it's been a while now and Flipkart is neglecting my replacement as hell ...
Options

35 Posts

06-04-2017

IN

44 Signins

527 Page Views

• Message 4 of 136

2018-11-03, 15:45 PM
Same issue Moto phones need update for volte signal strength in areas with full network strentgh network is fluctuating
Options

6 Posts

06-30-2017

IN

16 Signins

133 Page Views

• Message 5 of 136

2018-11-04, 3:02 AM

Dear Matt,

Kindly note that this Volte Network Fluctuation problem is not unit-specific. This issue is prevalent in all Motorola One Power devices because 3 of my colleagues have also purchased this model and they are encountering the same problem. The phone is struggling to latch onto network and showing only One Bar signal, most of the times. Whereas other phones in the same location, running on the same telecom operator (JIO)  is showing full and stable signal. 

I know that Lenovo Motorola is very well aware of this problem because I am not the first one to bring this to light. I don't have any problems if you inspect my particular device, but I am certain that this issue is widespread across all the models.

The only pertinent solution is to acknowledge the software defects/bug and release a stable OTA update for fixing network fluctuation, for the benefit of all your customers.

Regards,

Samrat,

India.

Options

6 Posts

06-30-2017

IN

16 Signins

133 Page Views

• Message 6 of 136

2018-11-04, 3:09 AM

Hi Netra,

It's a common problem which several customers like you and me go through, but only a few actually speak up. Earlier I owned a Lenovo K6 Power, which also had the exact same Volte Network Fluctuation problem. This is simply unacceptable my friend, Lenovo Motorola must fix it.

Regards,

Samrat

Options

35 Posts

06-04-2017

IN

44 Signins

527 Page Views

• Message 7 of 136

2018-11-04, 3:23 AM

Yes samrat even I have complained this thing to Motorola head unit via phone call they told me to visit nearby service centre I will do it but the most unfortunate part is Flipkart don't even recognize this as a problem and refused me replacement iam not gonna let them go I will sue both these companies in consumer court court if my issue is not resolved sooner they are just fooling customers.

Options

5 Posts

11-05-2018

IN

9 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 8 of 136

2018-11-05, 3:33 AM

Even I am facing the similar issue with Volte signal reception. Shame on Motorola, you people cannot identify and remove the bug when so many customers are reporting the same issue.

Options

19342 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2384 Signins

59203 Page Views

• Views: 59203
  • Message 9 of 136

2018-11-05, 16:06 PM

wrote:

Dear Matt,

Kindly note that this Volte Network Fluctuation problem is not unit-specific. This issue is prevalent in all Motorola One Power devices because 3 of my colleagues have also purchased this model and they are encountering the same problem. The phone is struggling to latch onto network and showing only One Bar signal, most of the times. Whereas other phones in the same location, running on the same telecom operator (JIO)  is showing full and stable signal. 

I know that Lenovo Motorola is very well aware of this problem because I am not the first one to bring this to light. I don't have any problems if you inspect my particular device, but I am certain that this issue is widespread across all the models.

The only pertinent solution is to acknowledge the software defects/bug and release a stable OTA update for fixing network fluctuation, for the benefit of all your customers.

Regards,

Samrat,

India.

Hi.

Please understand that we need details to solve issues. That means the more you can tell us about exactly what you are experiencing, and related information (as requested above), is very important. We rely on our community members to help us in this way -- we usually can't get to solutions without it. We don't have a magic way to understand and resolve issues reported by owners. Like any other problem, these need to be investigated. If you feel that we're intentionally limiting your signal and all we have to do is flip a switch to fix it, well, that's not the case. 

So, it's fine to report your experiences here. But if you want solutions, you will need to work with me and respond to my requests

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

112 Posts

10-15-2018

IN

264 Signins

5313 Page Views

• Views: 5313
  • Message 10 of 136

2018-11-05, 17:57 PM

Not a single time, when I see full network of Jio in Motorola One Power.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete