06-30-2017

IN

16 Signins

133 Page Views

• Views: 133
  • Message 11 of 136

Re: Network Signal Reception Unstable in Motorola One Power

2018-11-05, 18:46 PM

Same here brother. Motorola One Power's signal strength never goes beyond two bars while running on Jio Volte. On the other hand, other phones running on Jio in the same location are receiving full signal. 

The situation gets worse when we use it indoors. At certain times there is "NO signal" whatsoever, whereas other phones are receiving full strength signal in the same location.

The sad part is that Motorola will never accept this flaw and we customers have to live with this faulty network reception, till we use this phone. Unfortunate indeed. ☹️

Options

6 Posts

06-30-2017

IN

16 Signins

133 Page Views

• Views: 133
  • Message 12 of 136

2018-11-05, 18:53 PM

Dear Matt,

I know you are not "intensionally" limiting the signal. But, there is a definite bug that is affecting the signal reception. So many customers posting on the same problem cannot be wrong. I would earnestly request you to look into the matter. Simply looking at my apps and usage via IMEI or serial number won't fix the problem. Even the service centre had no solution. Only you people (the developers) have the solution. Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Samrat.

Options

19342 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2384 Signins

59203 Page Views

• Views: 59203
  • Message 13 of 136

2018-11-05, 19:56 PM

wrote:

Dear Matt,

I know you are not "intensionally" limiting the signal. But, there is a definite bug that is affecting the signal reception. So many customers posting on the same problem cannot be wrong. I would earnestly request you to look into the matter. Simply looking at my apps and usage via IMEI or serial number won't fix the problem. Even the service centre had no solution. Only you people (the developers) have the solution. Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Samrat.

I respectfully submit that you are simply wrong, and that the information you provide could be very valuable.

But since you do not wish to participate in finding a solution, I'm going to remove you from the discussion. I hope that more reasonable community members are not influenced by you, and help us out.

Regards,

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

112 Posts

10-15-2018

IN

264 Signins

5313 Page Views

• Views: 5313
  • Message 14 of 136

2018-11-06, 2:06 AM

My signal strength shows always above -95dbm. It's signal always up & down. Network bar can't full fill up. See my attached images ( data shows in LTE Discovery App using Jio Sim in Kolkata)

Best one is it?

Options

19342 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2384 Signins

59203 Page Views

• Message 15 of 136

2018-11-06, 14:31 PM

Hi.

Not sure I have any faith in that app -- seems wrong on its face.

But I keep asking for the same thing, so let me try again.

• Are you losing data or dropping calls when the signal drops?
  • If so, where and when? Is there a relationship between the drops and the signal bar indicator?
  • Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Fluctuations in the signal bar do indicate changes in your phone's reception, but those changes seldom interfere with the phone's operation. It does sometimes seem as if our signal indicator is more responsive than some, and so shows more of the variation. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. Bottom line, if your phone's performance isn't suffering, not sure it matters how the indicator behaves. If your phone is not performing well, then I want the indicator to show if it's due to poor signal.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

35 Posts

06-04-2017

IN

44 Signins

527 Page Views

• Views: 527
  • Message 16 of 136

2018-11-06, 14:49 PM

[removed] and we are unable to update profile via mobile website now plz solve our problem I have all ready lodged a complaint in national Consumer helpline they will get in touch with Motoroal India very soon

• Personal information removed for your security. - Matt
Options

5 Posts

11-05-2018

IN

9 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 17 of 136

2018-11-06, 15:30 PM

Guys, this forum manager has the following responsibility :

1) Being sarcastic

2) Unwilling to accept the software errors resulting in signal fluctuations

3) Not Believing the customers

4) Showing that Motorola is always correct.

I totally lost faith in Moto with this person's responses.

Options

19342 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2384 Signins

59203 Page Views

• Message 18 of 136

2018-11-06, 15:39 PM

wrote:

[removed] and we are unable to update profile via mobile website now plz solve our problem I have all ready lodged a complaint in national Consumer helpline they will get in touch with Motoroal India very soon

• Personal information removed for your security. - Matt

Hi.

Thanks for reporting this. We see that the instructions are not correct for mobile, only browsers. We're going to update those instructions today.

Sorry for the problems.

- Matt

Options

19342 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2384 Signins

59203 Page Views

• Message 19 of 136

2018-11-06, 15:54 PM

wrote:
Same issue Moto phones need update for volte signal strength in areas with full network strentgh network is fluctuating

Hi.

Thanks for putting your IMEI in your profile. It helps. 

It looks like you have spent a fairly small percentage of your days with even good coverage. Mostly I'm seeing moderate to poor coverage, which would likely mean poor signal bars. 

Are you dropping calls or data? Can you tie that back to specific locations or times of day?

- Matt

Options

35 Posts

06-04-2017

IN

44 Signins

527 Page Views

• Views: 527
  • Message 20 of 136

2018-11-06, 16:02 PM
Thanks Matt for your reply
No iam right now in an area with fairly good signal strength as it is an area within the city and tower is very near by still network bars don't go up two or above and I have checked with jio Telecom over phone call regarding signal strength in my area and they have replied me while stating that signal strength in your area is fairly good enough and problem lies in your phone so I visited service centre but they are also unable to fix my problem instead they say that this issue is same in every Motorola device so it's my kind request to Motorola to please issue an OTA update to fix 4G volte signal reception in their devices or otherwise they have bear the burnt by consumer courts
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete