IN

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 8

No VoLTE when roaming

2020-03-13, 3:31 AM

Hello,

I am facing the same issue as mentioned in this thread. I'm getting VoLTE in my home region but not when roaming. I'm using Airtel (India). 

Kindly let me know a workaround for this issue or if you need any inputs from my side to investigate.

Thank you.

Options

1126 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

235 Signins

13798 Page Views

• Views: 13798
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:No VoLTE when roaming

2020-03-16, 4:49 AM

Hi skuri,

Thanks for posting and letting us know. Have you contacted the network carrier? If not, can you check with them and see if everything is fine from their side? Also, may I know if the roaming worked before or it started recently?

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

17589 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2202 Signins

51882 Page Views

• Views: 51882
  • Message 3 of 8

2020-03-16, 20:13 PM

I am facing the same issue as mentioned in this thread. I'm getting VoLTE in my home region but not when roaming. I'm using Airtel (India). 

Hi.

Are you sure that you're still on Airtel when you are roaming? I don't think VoLTE is supported on Airtel for this phone, but if you are roaming on a supported network that would make sense.

• Matt
Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2 Posts

03-13-2020

IN

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2020-03-17, 11:02 AM

Have you contacted the network carrier? If not, can you check with them and see if everything is fine from their side? Also, may I know if the roaming worked before or it started recently?

Yes, I have contacted the carrier and they report everything fine on their end. No, I never had VoLTE working on roaming, it works in my home region. VoLTE on roaming works when I use the sim on a different device.

Are you sure that you're still on Airtel when you are roaming? I don't think VoLTE is supported on Airtel for this phone, but if you are roaming on a supported network that would make sense.

Yes, I can confirm that I'm on Airtel. VoLTE does work on my home region.

Options

2 Posts

03-18-2020

NL

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2020-03-18, 8:38 AM

I don't want to hijack this thread, so if I need to start a new thread please mention so.

I have 2 Moto One's in the family which are on T-Mobile NL carrier. I spoke to a T-Mobile agent last week and she mentioned that T-Mobile NL now accepts any VoLTE/VoWIFI capable phone, there is no certification process required any more.

So can Lenovo/Motorola please enable VoLTE/VoWIFI for T-Mobile NL as well? As it is already working on Moto One with other carriers, I assume this should be relatively easy to do. It would help us out here tremendously.

Options

1126 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

235 Signins

13798 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-03-26, 6:26 AM

Hi skuri,

Thanks for the confirmation. Can you confirm which carrier are you using when you are on roaming? Can you check the roaming agreement with the network provider?

Hello SirBacon,

Thanks for posting! We're always looking to make improvements and your feedback is truly valued. I'll make sure it's passed along to the concerned team. 

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

03-13-2020

IN

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2020-03-29, 9:16 AM

I am using Airtel at both places, in my home region and the roaming region as well. Airtel provides VOLTE service on all regions.

Options

1126 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

235 Signins

13798 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2020-04-01, 9:28 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation. I would like to inform you that, unfortunately, it is not in our control. It is between the agreement you have with your carrier and the roaming partner. My best advice to you in this situation is you contact your network provider for further assistance. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Suman

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save