Highlighted
RNMishra
SCSI Port
Views: 670
Message 1 of 29

[POLL] Are you Satisfy with Pie Update?

Hi Moto Fans!

Are you satisfy with Pie update?

Its great to see that we are lucky to have Pie version because Android 9 Pie is running on less than 0.1 percent of Android phones.

Also there are some features added here. Thats are-

1. Dual Volte 

2. Panaroma 

3. Video cover the notch area.

On the other hand, Pie creates new problem for MOP. How there soak testing done that their soak test user not identify the bugs, issues or Moto ignore that for competition in market. At first Nokia 6.1 plus user got the Pie and realme 2 pro user got the Some update before Some days ago. So Moto have not test the update properly. Also Moto software developers done a late job in update. The issues / bugs are growing in this way. Thats are-

1. Screen brightess is very less than before. 20% brightness in Oreo version = 45% in Pie version.

2. Fingerprint recognition is bit slow till now.

3. In recent apps the App icon is turning into android sign and the image of that app goes white in recent tabs.

4. Wifi icon is not showing, It only shows up for a sec when u restart and then again disappear.

5. Wifi keeps on disconnecting randomly.

6. Network fluctuations still remain.

7. While downloading any app from play store, their is no notification in notification shade about the ongoing download process.

Most useful features are missing till now. Also Moto cant improved MOP Camera correctly. The problems are still above. Thats are-

1. Face Lock missing.

2. Notch hide / unhide option missing.

3. Photo quality is not Better.

4. Portrait Mode is not accurate.

5. Slow motion and time lapse missing.

6. EIS missing.

7. Spot color Mode missing.

8. Touch anywhere to capture option missing.

9. Some Moto actions and gestures missing.

ksalokya
Punch Card
Views: 591
Message 2 of 29

Re: [POLL] Are you Satisfy with Pie Update?

@RNMishra wrote:

Hi Moto Fans!

Its great to see that we are lucky to have Pie version because Android 9 Pie is running on less than 0.1 percent of Android phones.

1. Dual Volte 

2. Panaroma 

On the other hand, Pie creates new problem for MOP. How there soak testing done that their soak test user not identify the bugs, issues or Moto ignore that for competition in market. At first Nokia 6.1 plus user got the Pie and realme 2 pro user got the Some update before Some days ago. So Moto have not test the update properly. Also Moto software developers done a late job in update. The issues / bugs are growing in this way. Thats are-

1. Screen brightess is very less than before. 20% brightness in Oreo version = 45% in Pie version.

3. In recent apps the App icon is turning into android sign and the image of that app goes white in recent tabs.

4. Wifi icon is not showing, It only shows up for a sec when u restart and then again disappear.

7. While downloading any app from play store, their is no notification in notification shade about the ongoing download process.

Most useful features are missing till now. Also Moto cant improved MOP Camera correctly. The problems are still above. Thats are-

1. Face Lock missing.

6. EIS missing.

Yes you are right. These features I wanted too!

You are doing great. You are active user and constantly posts problems what we are facing too! 

Just be here always!

aditya_bodas
Punch Card
Views: 584
Message 3 of 29

ARCore is not working too, I started doubting is depth camera fake or real?

anrgptl
SCSI Port
Views: 545
Message 4 of 29

@RNMishra wrote:

Hi Moto Fans!

1. Dual Volte 

2. Panaroma 

1. Face Lock missing.

6. EIS missing.

can we expect to get these bugs to be resolved in dec security patch ??

EIGOR
Punch Card
Views: 540
Message 5 of 29

I really don't think anyone from motorola is listening apart from our dear Matt 😜... Its simply waste of our time... open source and crowd funded "LINEAGE OS" team releases better OS than MOTOROLA and provide even better support.. I really doubt if motorola has any software team left... Must be outsourcing all software work to other companies...

EDUPIERIN
What's DOS?
Views: 538
Message 6 of 29

I notice the same. I Have a Motorola One (Brazil) Version PPK29.68-16-8 from 1st of november 2018.

Screen less brither (I dont know how to mesure, but I guess its about 30%.

Battery dying early. Normally I could use for 2 days without charging, now its only 12h~15h.

There is no double screen or multitasking apps anymore.

I bougth two moto One (for me and my wife), and have updated only one so I can compare.

It a bad deal

Mark811
Token Ring
Views: 534
Message 7 of 29

• @EDUPIERIN

On same version as you here in UK, to get split screen is different now, open recent apps and tap on icon - ie: like the chrome icon at top in screenshot :-)

Screenshot_20181201-152519.png

Mark811
Token Ring
Views: 514
Message 8 of 29

@RNMishra

A Kudo for squeezing in two poll's in one. lol

First poll, am I happy with Pie - YES, just a couple of bugs need sorting on Motorola One, but not as many as your One Power has.

2nd poll- Feature request.  Motorola One users are lucky enough to most of those you list, but from your list I would like:

1: Face unlock (something we had, but lost with Pie update 

2: Notch hide/unhide option missing.

Nikhil321
SCSI Port
Views: 506
Message 9 of 29

I'm not satisfied at all and I don't have any expectations from them anymore we have already given features suggestions and they not ready to listen as they have got excuse of android one so no new features but atleast they should give timely security updates

RNMishra
SCSI Port
Views: 475
Message 10 of 29

@Nikhil321 wrote:

I'm not satisfied at all and I don't have any expectations from them anymore we have already given features suggestions and they not ready to listen as they have got excuse of android one so no new features but atleast they should give timely security updates

yes dear!

Moto One & Moto One Power both have Android One device with same specification then whats the problem if Moto add Moto One camera feature to Moto One Power. Motorola dont care for customers issues. so Motorola looses its brand goodwill day by day. Their software developer team is fully responsible for it.

Top Kudoed Authors