06-16-2019

CO

3 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 21 of 35

Re: Random vibration without notification on Moto one power

2019-06-16, 20:03 PM

Thank you so much! This is the real andwer for the issue!. In my case, the random paired vibrations happened, sometimes with the arrows of the Download Manager showing very quickly on the notification bar on top and, when restarting or just starting the cellphone, a mi4iad of arrows appeared in a 2-seconds period. In that way I knew it was the Download Manager, but I did not know how worknit around. With your guidance I got to disable the "pending" option check and... problem solved!!!!! Thank you so much again.

Options

4 Posts

12-15-2018

IN

7 Signins

74 Page Views

• Views: 74
  • Message 22 of 35

2019-06-23, 16:27 PM
Hey, I am having the same issue. Can you elaborately mention the steps you followed to solve this?
Options

2 Posts

06-16-2019

CO

3 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 23 of 35

2019-06-23, 17:47 PM

Hello. The steps I followed are:

1. Go to Settings, by scrolling down twice the top menu, until you see the gear icon on the bottom right side.

2. Click on 'Apps and and notifications'.

3. Click on 'See the YYY apps', where YYY is the number of apps you have.

4. Click on the three vertical dots icon on the top right side of the screen.

5. Click on 'Show system'.

6. Search for 'Download manager' and click on it.

7. You can do two steps here:

a. You can click on 'Notifications'  and then you can uncheck the type of notification you don' want to receive anymore. I first disabled "Pending". 

Since the vibration got solved, I think this is the main solution. Still I got the notifications that showed a lot of arrows down icons, so I did this second step:

b. In the Download manager, I clicked on "Storage" and I clicked in both "Erase caché memory" and "Free storage space", and I activated "Pending" notifications again. 

I have not had any random vibration or random cascade of download icons again.

Hope this helps. 

P.S.: my system language is not English, so please bear in mind the names of the options I wrote are approximate translations. I hope you can make the necessary associations to follow the steps.

Options

4 Posts

12-15-2018

IN

7 Signins

74 Page Views

• Views: 74
  • Message 24 of 35

2019-06-24, 1:17 AM
Thanks for the help. Although on my device I can't see any option "pending" under the notification section of Download Manager, but I think clearing the data of Download Manager worked! No random vibrations after that!
Options

2 Posts

07-25-2019

US

3 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 25 of 35

2019-07-25, 19:15 PM
At your suggestion, I did this, too - Mine was the exact same issue (tons of random, old files being...something-ed by the Download Manager.
I've cleared my cache, force-stopped, disabled and re-enabled. We'll see if the persistent double-vibrations stop...if not I may have to disable the app permanently... Ooof.
Options

2 Posts

07-25-2019

US

3 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 26 of 35

2019-07-25, 19:18 PM
SAME. I've cleared my cache for the app, force-stopped, disabled, then re-enabled. We'll see if that fixes it. The files it was trying to do something with were random, and OLD, nothing current at all. I, too, would like to know when something's downloading, or has finished downloading, so I hesitate to leave the app disabled indefinitely...
Options

1 Posts

08-20-2019

IN

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 27 of 35

Notification tone without notifications

2019-08-20, 20:23 PM

My device sometimes plays notification tone without having any notifications.This even happens in vibration mode, where it vibrates as if there is any notification but actually there isn't.

Options

9746 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1075 Signins

144428 Page Views

• Views: 144428
  • Message 28 of 35

Re: Notification tone without notifications

2019-08-23, 20:43 PM

Hi pritishmishra,

That's odd. I would first suggest considering your third-party apps. Make sure your phone is up to date as well (Settings > System > System Update). Once verified the phone is up to date, check and see if this will happen in safe mode.

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

09-28-2019

US

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 29 of 35

2019-09-28, 14:29 PM

My dad had this problem... im looking everywhere for a notification or an app making ghost notifications... he doesnt have any apps, so that was real easy... however, we were having severe weather and i originally told him it was just the nws alert system... then it happened while i was there, and i started playing with it... 

Heres how to fix it... and im surprised no one has put a fix in here yet... 

>open settings tab< (from notification bar)

>open "apps & settings" tab<

>click "advanced" tab<

>click "emergency broadcasts"<

-scroll down to "alert reminder"

>switch to "off"<

..... on my dads phone, the alert reminder was set to 'every 2 mins'.... so essentially it was an old alert that had been reminding him with the vibration for a whole year every 2 mins... ?‍♂️ youre all welcome!

Options

2 Posts

09-28-2019

US

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 30 of 35

Re: Notification tone without notifications

2019-09-28, 14:31 PM
This is lenovo support... an actual motorola tech guy that couldnt figure out that ur emergency broadcast reminder is stuck on... ?‍♂️ @motorola, hire me, im better tech support than youre half ass call centers ? 3 years this post been going with no right answers... but i just solved it ?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete