Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Srishti7
What's DOS?
Views: 859
Message 1 of 12

Random vibration without notification on Moto one power

My phone vibrates randomly around 3-4 times and I see no notifications. First I thought it's because of the weather app so I removed that. Then I thought it's because of the site notifications on chrome, disabled that. I disabled notifications for many apps that we're not important to me. But it still vibrates. 

Did anyone else come across this issue ? How do I solve it ? 

jaiswalaashish4
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 819
Message 2 of 12

Re: Random vibration without notification on Moto one power

This happened to me when I turned on accesibility menu. 

I turned it off and now there's no such random vibrations.

elena_mldv
What's DOS?
Views: 742
Message 3 of 12

I turned off accessibility, but there are no vibrations at all. (Turning off accessibility makes my phone to not vibrate even I got a message). I don't want random vibrating, but I also want to be notified. I need help, too (I have this phone less than a week)

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 711
Message 4 of 12

@elena_mldv wrote:

I turned off accessibility, but there are no vibrations at all. (Turning off accessibility makes my phone to not vibrate even I got a message). I don't want random vibrating, but I also want to be notified. I need help, too (I have this phone less than a week)

I think the first thing to do is to determine if it's a 3rd-party app causing it. Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

- Matt

Matt-Murdock
HDMI
Views: 419
Message 5 of 12

@Srishti7 wrote:

My phone vibrates randomly around 3-4 times and I see no notifications. First I thought it's because of the weather app so I removed that. Then I thought it's because of the site notifications on chrome, disabled that. I disabled notifications for many apps that we're not important to me. But it still vibrates. 

Did anyone else come across this issue ? How do I solve it ? 

Im assuming the phone is on a table or something and not in your pocket? I mean is the phone  physically on you? . Because I had similar experiences when the phone was in front pocket of my hoodie and the finger print scanner was rubbing against my palm as my hand was in the front pocket with the phone and when my palm or hand touched the pfs it vibrated . I take the phone out to see no notification at all. And as I usually don't check my notifications right away I had no clue why it vibrated allthe time . But one day it vibrated and I pulled it out immediately to see a message at the bottom which said finger print not recognized that's when I understood what was happening. 😂😂😂😂. I'm assuming  it is not the case with you but if it is then watch out for this.

Ps : I do not work for Motorola, I'm just a consumer who owns a Motorola one power
Samiullah28
Punch Card
Views: 294
Message 6 of 12

I too have this problem the phone vibrates randomly 

Samiullah❣️
Highlighted
RobinDrost
What's DOS?
Views: 244
Message 7 of 12

I have the exact same problem with my Motorole One.

The vibrations are not normal notificaiton virations, 2 really quick short ones.

The vibrations do not show any notifications. Even the notification log through ADB (android debug tools) on my mac didn't show anything special.

It is also not the finger print scanner since that one is put one silence.

jamupet
What's DOS?
Views: 161
Message 8 of 12

This is also happening to me as I'm using my phone. It's out in front of me, no notifications pop up... Just random (2 bursts as described) vibrations.

Amaniel1
What's DOS?
Views: 105
Message 9 of 12

I am having the same issue aswell, 2 quick bursts every now and then. While I'm typing a message, when I'm watching a movie or something, and I always check if there are messages. It's starting to really bother me.

I'm using the Motorola One

jamupet
What's DOS?
Views: 71
Message 10 of 12

Okay, so I added the "Settings" widget and selected "Notification Log" so I could check after this happens... I discovered it's my Download Manager! I went in and cleared cache, storage, disabled and re-enabled it, force stop. All of it. It still sets off vibrations without notification. I don't even know what it's attempting to do but the log shows old files.  Weird!

Top Kudoed Authors