cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chy_asim6
SCSI Port
Views: 1,201
Message 1 of 7

Requesting for hide apps option in our system moto app launcher....

There is always something in our cell phone that we don't want to be seen by others. It could be a photo that we don't want it to be a gossip. It could also be a dating app that we don't want to be discovered by our friends or colleagues, such as Tinder.

As we rely more and more on our cell phones, there are many secrets hidden in them. So we may wonder how to hide secret apps on our Android phone. Actually, there are ways to hide apps or pictures on Android, such as rooting our phone or using a specific launcher. But we can also do it without any app if "MOTOROLA wants it to be".

So I'm hardly requesting to the android developers to make an option for hide apps in our system launcher... It is very essential features for us and it will make our smart phone more comfortable to use without installing any other custom launchers...

Please focus on this matter and make your android phones more smart and comfortable to use without any objections like other companies dose (OnePlus, Xiaomi, htc etc)...

Thanks..

Ashim kumar roy
Highlighted
R_K8
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,143
Message 2 of 7

Re: Requesting for hide apps option in our system moto app launcher....

I use MS Launcher so that I can hide apps.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,126
Message 3 of 7

@Chy_asim6 wrote:

There is always something in our cell phone that we don't want to be seen by others. It could be a photo that we don't want it to be a gossip. It could also be a dating app that we don't want to be discovered by our friends or colleagues, such as Tinder.

As we rely more and more on our cell phones, there are many secrets hidden in them. So we may wonder how to hide secret apps on our Android phone. Actually, there are ways to hide apps or pictures on Android, such as rooting our phone or using a specific launcher. But we can also do it without any app if "MOTOROLA wants it to be".

So I'm hardly requesting to the android developers to make an option for hide apps in our system launcher... It is very essential features for us and it will make our smart phone more comfortable to use without installing any other custom launchers...

Please focus on this matter and make your android phones more smart and comfortable to use without any objections like other companies dose (OnePlus, Xiaomi, htc etc)...

Thanks..

The problem is that there is always some feature someone wants. If Moto tried to add every feature everyone asked for, then the phones would be bloated like the competition. 

The great thing about Android is the choices. Installing another launcher is like installing any other app when you don't think the default app has enough features. 

I never understood why someone wanted the  manufacturer to do it all when there are so many great 3rd party apps out there. You have no problem using Tinder without asking motorola to build a dating app, so why not use a different launcher. 

I don't think Motorola wants to build features that others already offer. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
StarlordHarsh
SCSI Port
Views: 988
Message 4 of 7

@AlphaDog wrote:

@Chy_asim6 wrote:

Thanks..

The problem is that there is always some feature someone wants. If Moto tried to add every feature everyone asked for, then the phones would be bloated like the competition. 

The great thing about Android is the choices. Installing another launcher is like installing any other app when you don't think the default app has enough features. 

I never understood why someone wanted the  manufacturer to do it all when there are so many great 3rd party apps out there. You have no problem using Tinder without asking motorola to build a dating app, so why not use a different launcher. 

I don't think Motorola wants to build features that others already offer. 

I completely agree with you in this case.

But what about the common features which are not so available on play store ?
Like- slowmo, timelapse, Motos famous bragged spot colour.

There is no app available on the play store that can provide smooth slowmo expirience, or is there ?
If there is any app available which wont affect my expirience, i will happily use it.

The bigger problem is that Moto chose to give this features in Moto One which is also Android One.
But not to this phone, why behaving like a step mother ?
If you devs are so keen about the Vanilla ROM expirience, then why the hell do you changed the theme colour to teal and not blue?

The camera provided to us completely different than that in Moto One and several others. They have recieved many camera updates untill now.
And we on the other hand just one.

The pro mode is much better than ours phone.

Reply admin, why do you get paid ?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 983
Message 5 of 7

@StarlordHarsh wrote:

@AlphaDog

There is no app available on the play store that can provide smooth slowmo expirience, or is there ?
If there is any app available which wont affect my expirience, i will happily use it.

The bigger problem is that Moto chose to give this features in Moto One which is also Android One.
If you devs are so keen about the Vanilla ROM expirience, then why the hell do you changed the theme colour to teal and not blue?

The camera provided to us completely different than that in Moto One and several others. They have recieved many camera updates untill now.

I don't get paid for this. 

But if you want features available on another phone, you should purchase that other phone. Different phones have different features.

As this thread is about hiding apps, the topic of "why doesn't my camera have the same settings as another phone" doesn't belong here. No one on this forum can tell you why one phone has one feature set and another does not. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
StarlordHarsh
SCSI Port
Views: 981
Message 6 of 7

@AlphaDog wrote:

@StarlordHarsh wrote:

@AlphaDog

I don't get paid for this. 

But if you want features available on another phone, you should purchase that other phone. Different phones have different features.

As this thread is about hiding apps, the topic of "why doesn't my camera have the same settings as another phone" doesn't belong here. No one on this forum can tell you why one phone has one feature set and another does not. 

Every customer tried to reach you and the devs. Feature suggestion thread is filled with requests and none of them have been fulfilled.
The admins just say to post our request to get counted, but we never received the features.

Yes different phones have different features but in this case many Moto midrange phones vs One Power.

They have everything, we have no features.

If you cant do anything, please give me a way to talk to the devs directly.

I dont think they are busy as they do nothng.

Their are some bugs which I would like to report to them.
One of them is this-

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/motorola-one-motorola-one-power/Moto-Face-Unlock-for-Motorola-One-Power...

dunxd
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 949
Message 7 of 7

Lawnchair also allows hiding apps from app tray by long holding then selecting edit.

Note that any app can still be discovered through Settings > Apps page.
Top Kudoed Authors