11-20-2018

IN

4 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 1 of 9

Screen flickering issue in Moto one power

2018-11-20, 0:26 AM
  1. I had recently got the newly introduced Motorola one power in Flipkart on oct 11, 2018. Currently I am facing issues with the display where there is display Flickering and phone is blank for a while after this Flickering occurs..I cannot make response to calls or messages with this problem.. A force restart always helps to bring back my phone to normal state and the issue starts back after 5 minutes.I reached to the Moto service centre which is located at pondy Bazar t nagar and they had updated the software. This did not help at all.can anyone help identify the issue
  2. Is it a display problem or mother board issue.
Options

17589 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2202 Signins

51882 Page Views

• Views: 51882
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Screen flickering issue in Moto one power

2018-11-21, 15:49 PM

wrote:
  1. I had recently got the newly introduced Motorola one power in Flipkart on oct 11, 2018. Currently I am facing issues with the display where there is display Flickering and phone is blank for a while after this Flickering occurs..I cannot make response to calls or messages with this problem.. A force restart always helps to bring back my phone to normal state and the issue starts back after 5 minutes.I reached to the Moto service centre which is located at pondy Bazar t nagar and they had updated the software. This did not help at all.can anyone help identify the issue
  2. Is it a display problem or mother board issue.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. It does sound like hardware that will require repair, but let's try a couple of things first.

1. Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.
  2. Also test the display in the Moto Help app. It's under Settings > Moto Help > Hardware test > Display

Let me know what happens. If you need help getting a repair accomplished, we can assist.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

2 Posts

11-20-2018

IN

4 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 3 of 9

2018-11-21, 15:57 PM

Thank you for.your response.

I tried.option 1 and even then the flickering occurred. I did not try option 2.

Along with the flickering issue now the phone fails to show up its display to see if it's in working state or rebooting.

I reached out to the service center for assistance as the phone display is totally blank now.

They have given me a time gap of 15 days for the spares to be replaced. Boot issue and display issue are they correlated.

As display is totally gone I would not have an option of testing point 2.

Options

17589 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2202 Signins

51882 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2018-11-21, 18:43 PM

wrote:

Thank you for.your response.

I tried.option 1 and even then the flickering occurred. I did not try option 2.

Along with the flickering issue now the phone fails to show up its display to see if it's in working state or rebooting.

I reached out to the service center for assistance as the phone display is totally blank now.

They have given me a time gap of 15 days for the spares to be replaced. Boot issue and display issue are they correlated.

As display is totally gone I would not have an option of testing point 2.

Let me see what we can learn about the parts situation.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

7 Posts

04-29-2019

IN

16 Signins

252 Page Views

• Views: 252
  • Message 5 of 9

2019-04-29, 14:28 PM

Hello,

I could not find a way to start a new thread, and this had the closest resemblence to my issue. I bought my Moto one power barely 10days back, and right from the start, the screen splits at the bottom when I swipe left or right. I have tried all the standard troubleshoot options like running a hardware test for the display, using safemode, and running a factory reset, none has helped. I even changed the wallpaper to see if it made any difference, obviously it didn't. I contacted Motorola customer care in my country but they couldn't identify the issue or address it. It would be really helpful if I could get some perspective. Screenshots attached below.

Options

17589 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2202 Signins

51882 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2019-04-29, 15:21 PM

wrote:

Hello,

I could not find a way to start a new thread, and this had the closest resemblence to my issue. I bought my Moto one power barely 10days back, and right from the start, the screen splits at the bottom when I swipe left or right. I have tried all the standard troubleshoot options like running a hardware test for the display, using safemode, and running a factory reset, none has helped. I even changed the wallpaper to see if it made any difference, obviously it didn't. I contacted Motorola customer care in my country but they couldn't identify the issue or address it. It would be really helpful if I could get some perspective. Screenshots attached below.

Hi.

That line is standard Pie behavior and is part of the Android OS. It was on Oreo too but not as subtle. Not sure about earlier versions.

You could probably find a 3rd party launcher that didn't have this, if it truly bothers you.

To start a new topic, go to the full board list of topics and click the button. (It could be easier to find -- I agree.)

- Matt

Options

7 Posts

04-29-2019

IN

16 Signins

252 Page Views

• Views: 252
  • Message 7 of 9

2019-04-29, 18:30 PM

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification, it was really helpful.

Options

2 Posts

04-09-2019

IN

13 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 8 of 9

Re:Screen flickering issue in Moto one power

2020-03-19, 4:29 AM
My screen is running automatically even it si opening app and typing automatically. Please help
Screenshot_20200319-095819.png Screenshot_20200319-095806.png
Options

1126 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

235 Signins

13798 Page Views

• Views: 13798
  • Message 9 of 9

Re:Screen flickering issue in Moto one power

2020-03-24, 7:49 AM

Hi SohonRay,

Sorry to know about this and thanks for the screenshots. I would suggest you check your device in Safe Mode and perform a Factory Data Reset in your device by taking a back up of your contacts and data. If it's still the same, a repair would be the next option. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save