Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sony96
Fanfold Paper
Views: 164
Message 1 of 3

Should I update mop to pie

Guys I wanted to know that should I update my Moto one power to Pie is it  stable or there are bugs like crashing of apps , brightness & no network , speaker issue & hows battery on pie ?? 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 104
Message 2 of 3

Re: Should I update mop to pie

@Sony96 wrote:

Guys I wanted to know that should I update my Moto one power to Pie is it  stable or there are bugs like crashing of apps , brightness & no network , speaker issue & hows battery on pie ?? 

Hi Sony96,

Greetings from Motorola,

This is to update you that the Android operating system for Smartphones gets periodic system updates and one major operating system for few models. These updates are also called firmware/security updates since they operate on a deeper system level than normal software (app) updates and are designed to control the hardware.

The System Updates are actually very necessary for your device. They mostly provide Bug fixes & Security Update Patches, improves system stability and also sometimes UI improvements. Security Updates are very important because older security can make you more vulnerable to attacks hence we request you to update the firmware/security updates for more performance.

Click here for the Motorola One Power - Maintenance Release Notes.

If you see any performance issue please let us know there is always an improvement.

Please find a few tips before update:

1. Please charge the phone at least 80% 

2. Update through a strong WiFi network.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Highlighted
Matt-Murdock
HDMI
Views: 73
Message 3 of 3

Re: Should I update mop to pie

@Sony96 wrote:

Hi , I think every one here will agree to this,What im gonna say here might not work for you but Pie is working smooth on my device  .Initially ( 1-2weeks after pie ) the phone was not stable at all. It had issues like apps crashing /Netwrok dissapearing /brighteness and battery draining,low volume on speakers(on earphones volume was good enough)  .Yes i had all the issues mentioned .I dont no how the low volume issue got resolved but now its working alright for me .After the pie few apps were crashing or closing or took time to load so i updated all the apps that were not working fine and restarted the phone and since then ive never faced any app crashes unless i have too many apps open (30-40apps).Battery performance was trash initially but then the adaptive battery started working fine ,coming to the issue regarding the brightness its not an issue with the phone its working as designed .Adaptive brightness learns how you set the slider as per your requirement and adapts,trust me on this turn on adaptive brigtness and if you are out and the screen is too low move the slider up and if you are in a dark or dim lit surrounding and  the light on phone is too bright then reduce the slider ,do this for atleast 2-3 weeks and after that it will learn your requirement and change it accordingly the more you keep adjusting the brightness the faster it learns.Ive been asking ppl not to update earlier now id say go ahead update it to pie and you'll love it but be prepared to give some time (1-2weeks or more )for the upgrade to settle in.

Ps : I do not work for Motorola, I'm just a consumer who owns a Motorola one power
Top Kudoed Authors