Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joanie2
Paper Tape
Views: 180
Message 1 of 6

Switches off or changes setting during phone calls

When I'm making or receiving a phone call the phone will suddenly switch the call off. Or it will switch the loudspeaker on. Or it will open a page eg. battery life. Or it will turn on airplane settings and therefore switch the call off. What it rarely does it just stay on the making a call page for more than a minute or two. It is driving me mad!

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 140
Message 2 of 6

Re: Switches off or changes setting during phone calls

@joanie2 wrote:

When I'm making or receiving a phone call the phone will suddenly switch the call off. Or it will switch the loudspeaker on. Or it will open a page eg. battery life. Or it will turn on airplane settings and therefore switch the call off. What it rarely does it just stay on the making a call page for more than a minute or two. It is driving me mad!

Hi.

Very odd. Does this happen when holding the phone to your ear, or also while on speakerphone? I'm wondering if the phone screen is properly turning off when you use it as a handset.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
joanie2
Paper Tape
Views: 135
Message 3 of 6

Mainly when I'm holding it to my ear. It also flips to 'do not disturb' without me realising so I miss calls.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 111
Message 4 of 6

@joanie2 wrote:

Mainly when I'm holding it to my ear. It also flips to 'do not disturb' without me realising so I miss calls.

Thanks.

Let's test the proximity sensor. You can do that by going to Moto Help (in your app drawer) > Hardware test > Proximity sensor.

Can I confirm that you own the motorola one?

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
joanie2
Paper Tape
Views: 109
Message 5 of 6

Yes, I own the motorola one.
The proximity sensor test said 'no' and that I should seek help
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 97
Message 6 of 6

@joanie2 wrote:
Yes, I own the motorola one.
The proximity sensor test said 'no' and that I should seek help

Sorry to hear it. It means the phone will need service. If the prox sensor is failing it means the screen isn't turning off when you hold the phone to your ear, resulting in the accidental touches you reported.

We stand by the phone and this should be covered under warranty. But sorry you have to go to the trouble.

Regards,

- Matt

Top Kudoed Authors