Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 7,372
Message 1 of 22

Welcome to the motorola one / motorola one power community

Welcome to the motorola one / motorola one power community! We’ve added two new smartphones to the Motorola family – motorola one and motorola one power. These Android One smartphones give you the Android experience you love, three years of security updates and let you do more with a smart camera thanks to Google Lens. That’s just the beginning, because with your favorite moto experiences included, these smartphones are ready for you.

Motorola One Power - INDIA_ Black Laydown Combo.jpg

Android One: Smart, Secure, and Simply Amazing

We’re giving you the latest software and AI-powered innovations from Google, right out of the box. Android One gives you a smart, secure and simple device.

• Smart: Recognize text, look up recipes, translate words, browse your favorite outfits and more with the powerful Google Lens integrated into your camera. Plus, get unlimited high resolution photo storage in the cloud with Google Photos. Make calls, search for answers, and start watching videos on YouTube, using your voice thanks to the Google Assistant.
  • Secure: With Android One, both motorola one and motorola one power will receive two updates to the latest Android™ OS, and offer peace of mind with Google Play Protect and monthly security patch updates, guaranteed to be received for three years.1
  • Simply Amazing: Ditch the pre-loaded apps for only the essential Android OS and moto experiences. Have access to the latest software innovations and a phone that runs smoothly, giving you more storage space and more control over your personal smartphone experience.

The motorola one family will also be among the first to upgrade to Android™ 9 Pie (Android P), soon after launch.

motorola one

A modern, curved glass body frames motorola one’s expansive 5.9” HD + 19:9 Max Vision display. It’s the perfect size to channel your inner director and record your 4K videos, fit more on the page to read your favorite book, or take notes and multitask more easily with a split screen. And do all of this while using one hand.

Capture life’s unexpected moments with motorola one’s advanced 13MP dual smart camera system and 8MP selfie camera. Always have that breathtaking sunset to look back on or highlight last night’s festivities to elevate your Instagram with a photo using our portrait, cinemagraph, and time-lapse modes. And with AI- powered Google Lens, you can interact with the world around you just by pointing your camera. Take a photo of a dog walking down the street and Google will find what breed it is.

Having peace of mind when it comes to battery life has never been easier. Get up to a full day of battery on a single charge. Longer battery life means fewer missed rideshares and no need to worry about losing your GPS directions when you’re out and about. When your battery is low, charge up quickly with our TurboPower charger for up to 6 hours of power in 20 minutes.2

The phone’s Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 625 2.0 GHz octa-core processor keeps your device performing at peak speeds so it responds instantly to every tap, touch and swipe.

motorola one will be available for €299 RPP in various countries in Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific in the coming months.

motorola one power
Tackling your to-do list has never been easier thanks to the 6.2 inch (17.5cm) 19:9 Max Vision Full HD+ display on motorola one power. Perfect for multitasking and holding in one hand, motorola one power’s wide view screen lets you enjoy a cup of coffee while watching your favorite show on your way to work.

Stay powered longer with up to two days of battery life so you can watch your favorite movie while traveling and listen to your favorite artist wherever you go.2 And get up to 6 hours of battery life in just 15 minutes with the included TurboPower charger.2

Never slow down with the ultra-responsive performance of the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 636 1.8GHz octa-core processor. Answer emails, check movie times, make dinner reservations or update social platforms with ease. With its 64GB built-in storage, there is plenty of space for your apps, music downloads, favorite photos and videos. Go even further with an expandable storage of up to 256GB of extra space.3

motorola one power will be available in India starting in October. Check with your local Motorola rep on exact pricing.

Images can be found here (you agree to our license terms when downloading images or video).

Certain features, functionality and product specifications may be network dependent and subject to additional terms, conditions, and charges. All are subject to change without notice. MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. Google, Android One, and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2018 Motorola Mobility LLC. All rights reserved.

Learn more here: https://blog.motorola.com/2018/08/31/motorola-x-android-one/

KPrimeau1
SCSI Port
Views: 7,276
Message 2 of 22

Re: Welcome to the motorola one / motorola one power community

Going to make some uDevice people come to Motorola.
DanteDominic
Paper Tape
Views: 7,224
Message 3 of 22

I would like to buy this phone when it comes out.  Will this phone be sold in the US? I love Motorola phones but it seems like all the competitive models are not sold here  I would have bought the Moto G6 Plus for my twins but it isn't sold here and they really want a bigger phone.  

The Motorola One Power would be perfect for my aging mom with the big screen and body. If you don't sell it here could we buy in the country your offering and will they still work here on AT&T networks?

I would love to be a tester for this model, I have done that in the past for Motorola and truly enjoyed blogging about the phone.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 7,200
Message 4 of 22

@DanteDominic wrote:

I would like to buy this phone when it comes out.  Will this phone be sold in the US? I love Motorola phones but it seems like all the competitive models are not sold here  I would have bought the Moto G6 Plus for my twins but it isn't sold here and they really want a bigger phone.  

The Motorola One Power would be perfect for my aging mom with the big screen and body. If you don't sell it here could we buy in the country your offering and will they still work here on AT&T networks?

I would love to be a tester for this model, I have done that in the past for Motorola and truly enjoyed blogging about the phone.

Thanks for your interest. motorola one will be available in various countries in Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific in the coming months.

We never recommend buying in one country for use in another. The technology may not function properly, and it will not be able to receive warranty service except in the country of intended sale. 

If you are looking for a phone larger than the G6 in the US, I hope you'll consider the Moto Z3 Play.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
gbalding
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,180
Message 5 of 22

COME ON MOTOROLA BRING THE ONE POWER TO THE USA!!!   Please bring the One Power to the USA!! People are tired of paying $800 - $1000 for a phone. Just look at what phone sales have done since carriers have stopped subsidizing phones. Get the One POWER in the US and watch the sales and see if people don't gobble them up. Here's what people want in an Android phone: Headphone jack, SD card, great camera, big battery, great screen, and FAST UPDATES for OS and security, that's it. If you want to sell a lot of phones bring an Android One device like the One Power to the USA and watch them fly off the shelves. Sell them through Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, etc. and see if AT&T or Verizon will sell them becasue I know 95% of phones in the US are sold through carriers, which means you need to also offer monthly payments.

gbalding
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,178
Message 6 of 22

COME ON MOTOROLA BRING THE ONE POWER TO THE USA!!!   Please bring the One Power to the USA!! People are tired of paying $800 - $1000 for a phone. Just look at what phone sales have done since carriers have stopped subsidizing phones. Get the One POWER in the US and watch the sales and see if people don't gobble them up. Here's what people want in an Android phone: Headphone jack, SD card, great camera, big battery, great screen, and FAST UPDATES for OS and security, that's it. If you want to sell a lot of phones bring an Android One device like the One Power to the USA and watch them fly off the shelves. Sell them through Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, etc. and see if AT&T or Verizon will sell them becasue I know 95% of phones in the US are sold through carriers, which means you need to also offer monthly payments.

I purchased my Motorola X Force from England becasue you all did a deal with Verizon and it has worked fine. Don't make us have to purchase a great phone from a foreign country, be smart and bring the One Power to the USA

gbalding
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,176
Message 7 of 22

Don't let Nokia beat you to the punch. Bring the One Power to the USA.

SoWhy
What's DOS?
Views: 7,149
Message 8 of 22

Why is the One Power exclusive to India? That makes no sense. People in Europe really need slick affordable phones with large batteries. 

DanteDominic
Paper Tape
Views: 7,134
Message 9 of 22

Matt,
The Z3 does not have the look nor the features that I prefer in the Motorola One.
I don't want to buy my family phones from another company, but if Motorola isn't going to offer these types of phones in the U.S.A. I will have to go with a company that will.
sanchu_111
What's DOS?
Views: 6,629
Message 10 of 22

Amazing smartphone with great specifications. Also, price is user friendly. Loved it. Will be available from 5th Ocotber on Moto One Power Flash Sale on Flipkart only. Check out.

Top Kudoed Authors