Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DSinghMoto
What's DOS?
Views: 151
Message 1 of 3

Why Motorola one is half the price in India compared to its US counterpart

I recently bought Moto One in USA for $349. After some time I got to know that Moto one with same specs in India is selling around 14K which is half of what we pay for its US counterpart. 

I want to know why we see moto releasing same model which huge price differences in different coutries. We generally dont see this for other brands like samsung, One plus etc?

Realising this was a kind of bummer for me. It feels like I have paid more than what the model deserves. I am thinking of returning the phone soon.

Matt-Murdock
HDMI
Views: 118
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why Motorola one is half the price in India compared to its US counterpart

@DSinghMoto wrote:

I recently bought Moto One in USA for $349. After some time I got to know that Moto one with same specs in India is selling around 14K which is half of what we pay for its US counterpart. 

I want to know why we see moto releasing same model which huge price differences in different coutries. We generally dont see this for other brands like samsung, One plus etc?

Realising this was a kind of bummer for me. It feels like I have paid more than what the model deserves. I am thinking of returning the phone soon.

Yes you are absolutely correct bro this should actually stop. Ive done little online searching and found this info im not sure how authentic the rates are but see the difference .I dont think this will stop anytime soon but i so wish it stops. I mean we can understand if there are any changes in the specs but at times these phone companies release exact same specs and price it high due to import rates .
iPhone XR 64GB is $749 in US when converted to inr it should be 52674.55 but we get it here at 59900 ie~ $851.74
Samsung s10 128gb is $699 in US when converted to inr it should be 49158.22 but its sold in India at 66,900 ie~$951.28
pixel 3a $399 which when converted to inr is around 28060.27 but its sold in India at 39,999 ie~$568.76

As im not really goot at Math i used converter on google Smiley Tongue

Ps : I do not work for Motorola, I'm just a consumer who owns a Motorola one power
DSinghMoto
What's DOS?
Views: 110
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why Motorola one is half the price in India compared to its US counterpart

Thanks for the information. I know the reverse is true for other brands, especially iPhone when we compare markets in India and the US.
But in Motorola one case it is just too much price of a difference. Percentage-wise, price in the US is around 80% more compared to India.

Nevermind I have already returned Motorola One yesterday without unboxing it.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors