cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
StarlordHarsh
SCSI Port
Posts: 100
Registered: ‎06-04-2017
Location: IN
Views: 2,937
Message 41 of 386

Re: Moto one power spot color

The specific color option in the G6 camera.
It looks good.
Please provide and improve camera performance

GVirdee
Paper Tape
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎09-14-2018
Location: GB
Views: 3,024
Message 42 of 386

Working with the Notch

Hi, I have a question regarding the Notch on the Motorola One.

Is there some setting which can be set so I can see notifications - which are hidden behind the notch.

For example - bluetooth on, alarm on, battery etc.

At present I have to pull down the top menu - to see that detail.

Suseendiran
Fanfold Paper
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎10-17-2018
Location: IN
Views: 3,183
Message 43 of 386

Re: Motorola One Power (Pros & Cons)

Hi Matt, 

 

I am just adding to the points mentioned above. 

 

The camera app in the Motorola one power is looking unfinished. I am not comparing this with any other smartphone. If you could compare it with your own G5S PLUS and G6 camera app, you will understand what I am saying.

 

Panorama, Slow motion and video stabilization are most needed in the camera app.

Portrait and expert modes are working only in 18.7:9 aspect ratio and it cannot be changed. When we change the mode to portrait or expert, the image is getting cropped unusually. There should be an option to use the portrait and expert mode, in all other aspect ratios like 4:3, 16:9 and 18:9.

 

Currently, I have installed Google camera 5.3 in my device and it is working very well.  Some people are experiencing app crash when switching to video mode in Gcam. I am not facing that issue as well. But being a moto fan, I don't like to use a third party app in my moto device. So please update the camera app as soon as possible. So that I can get rid of google camera.

 

I would love to see all the moto gestures on one power as well. But, I think the much-needed gestures are already present. Touch and hold the FPS to lock the phone will be a valuable addition.

 

Dharmesh_Mak
Paper Tape
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎10-17-2018
Location: IN
Views: 3,056
Message 44 of 386

Motorola One Power Instant Lock

Hello Matt,

 

Motorola One Power may include Single/Double Tap to lock the Phone or on active screen if tuched Fingerprint scanner it hould be Instantly Lock. Why to press power button for lock or wait for 15 to 30 second to lock the phone.

Also provide more gesture aciton in new update.

No option for screen capture.

BhavinPatel90
Paper Tape
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎10-17-2018
Location: IN
Views: 3,043
Message 45 of 386

Re: Moto one power camera

I would like to highlight one more issue.
If i have another gallery app on my phone [other than google photos] and if i disable google photos, then i am unable to view any picture taken directly from stock camera app

To be more clear, if google photos is disabled, and i take a pic from camera and wish to view that picture by tapping recent picture on bottom right portion of the camera app. then the camera does not allow me to view that photo. the camera kind of refocuses the lens and that's it.... nothing further...!!

I think there should be an option to select another app to preview recent pic if google photos in unavailable/disabled.

Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 17,398
Registered: ‎02-03-2016
Location: US
Views: 3,031
Message 46 of 386

Re: Moto one power camera


@BhavinPatel90 wrote:

I would like to highlight one more issue.
If i have another gallery app on my phone [other than google photos] and if i disable google photos, then i am unable to view any picture taken directly from stock camera app

To be more clear, if google photos is disabled, and i take a pic from camera and wish to view that picture by tapping recent picture on bottom right portion of the camera app. then the camera does not allow me to view that photo. the camera kind of refocuses the lens and that's it.... nothing further...!!

I think there should be an option to select another app to preview recent pic if google photos in unavailable/disabled.


The link in the camera has to be told what to use. If you disable Photos and you click that icon of the photo you just took, it should ask what program to use to view it. 

 

What gallery app have you added when you disabled Photos?

 

UPDATE: We were able to reproduce this; I'll report it. Of course, the Camera and the Photo app are meant to work together, so not sure how big a priority this would be to fix. 

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 17,398
Registered: ‎02-03-2016
Location: US
Views: 3,018
Message 47 of 386

Re: Motorola One Power Instant Lock


@Dharmesh_Mak wrote:

Hello Matt,

 

Motorola One Power may include Single/Double Tap to lock the Phone or on active screen if tuched Fingerprint scanner it hould be Instantly Lock. Why to press power button for lock or wait for 15 to 30 second to lock the phone.

Also provide more gesture aciton in new update.

No option for screen capture.


Appreciate the feedback. Can you not take a screenshot by pressing the Volume Down and Power keys at the same time?

 

We never include touch-to-lock when the fingerprint scanner is on the side or back of the phone, because of the high incidence of accidental touches. We feel touching the power key is not a hardship.

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 17,398
Registered: ‎02-03-2016
Location: US
Views: 3,133
Message 48 of 386

Re: Motorola One Power (Pros & Cons)


@Suseendiran wrote:

Hi Matt, 

 

I am just adding to the points mentioned above. 

 

The camera app in the Motorola one power is looking unfinished. I am not comparing this with any other smartphone. If you could compare it with your own G5S PLUS and G6 camera app, you will understand what I am saying.

 

Panorama, Slow motion and video stabilization are most needed in the camera app.

Portrait and expert modes are working only in 18.7:9 aspect ratio and it cannot be changed. When we change the mode to portrait or expert, the image is getting cropped unusually. There should be an option to use the portrait and expert mode, in all other aspect ratios like 4:3, 16:9 and 18:9.

 

Currently, I have installed Google camera 5.3 in my device and it is working very well.  Some people are experiencing app crash when switching to video mode in Gcam. I am not facing that issue as well. But being a moto fan, I don't like to use a third party app in my moto device. So please update the camera app as soon as possible. So that I can get rid of google camera.

 

I would love to see all the moto gestures on one power as well. But, I think the much-needed gestures are already present. Touch and hold the FPS to lock the phone will be a valuable addition.

 


Thanks for the feedback. As mentioned elsewhere, there will be some improvements to the camera, though it's not likely all the requested features we've seen will be included.

 

We never include touch-to-lock when the fingerprint scanner is on the side or back of the phone, because of the high incidence of accidental touches. 

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Ritesraj
Paper Tape
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎10-17-2018
Location: IN
Views: 2,975
Message 49 of 386

Double tap to wake

Add double tap to wake.. And some other gestures

PullaReddy
Paper Tape
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎10-17-2018
Location: IN
Views: 3,075
Message 50 of 386

Moto one power lack of feature on basic expectation!..

1. Lack of camera settings like touch anywhere to capture.

2. No slow motion recoding.

3. No panorama settings.

4. Lack of options in Moto app(Motorola best feature app). Like screenshot, fingerprint navigate, single navigate etc...

 

@MotoTeam: can we expect these feature will be added in any upcoming updates?..

Top Kudoed Authors