01-27-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 5

file transfer to flash drive

2020-01-27, 15:06 PM

I can plug a USB flash into my Moto e6 power port with an accessory connector. The phone recognizes the USB drive, can view files or transfer them TO the phone. But it will not transfer a file from the phone to the USB. When I choose the file (picture in this case) that I want to transfer, the only option it gives it to Internal Storage. I just got this phone (new) and am very disappointed in its functions. My old Samsung phone was able to transfer files from anyplace to anyplace. I called customer support and they basically said this phone does not allow this function. Bummer!

Options

1780 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1650 Signins

25678 Page Views

• Views: 25678
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: file transfer to flash drive

2020-01-27, 15:33 PM

wrote:

I can plug a USB flash into my Moto e6 power port with an accessory connector. The phone recognizes the USB drive, can view files or transfer them TO the phone. But it will not transfer a file from the phone to the USB. When I choose the file (picture in this case) that I want to transfer, the only option it gives it to Internal Storage. I just got this phone (new) and am very disappointed in its functions. My old Samsung phone was able to transfer files from anyplace to anyplace. I called customer support and they basically said this phone does not allow this function. Bummer!

Is your adapter an OTG Adapter?

I've found the stock Android file manager does not recognize my OTG adapter but this great free File Explorer/Manager does,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cxinventor.file.explorer&hl=en_GB

It may take a few seconds to ask for permission/s.

Options

0 Posts

01-27-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2020-01-27, 16:41 PM

Yes, it's OTG and worked fine with my Samsung. I'll try the app you suggest and see if it helps. Thanks!

Options

0 Posts

01-27-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2020-01-27, 16:46 PM

It works! Thanks SOOO much! I never would have figured that out... now if you can help me get my Bluetooth working on my MacBook Pro with Catalina. The online forums are all complaining about Catalina messing up the Bluetooth function... I tried all the troubleshooting options to no avail. I guess I'll have to wait until Apple sends a fix... have a great day!

Options

1780 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1650 Signins

25678 Page Views

• Views: 25678
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-01-27, 17:58 PM

wrote:

It works! Thanks SOOO much! I never would have figured that out... now if you can help me get my Bluetooth working on my MacBook Pro with Catalina. The online forums are all complaining about Catalina messing up the Bluetooth function... I tried all the troubleshooting options to no avail. I guess I'll have to wait until Apple sends a fix... have a great day!

Glad I could help but as for Apple I'm afraid not. Android and PC/Windows only :)

However any Bluetooth or WiFi connections it's best to delete/forget all connections and start from fresh.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete