Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mnarang
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,134
Message 1 of 23

moto one power not turning on

Hi,

My moto one power is about 5 months old. It has been working fine till last night. I left the phone with around 45% battery in it. When I woke up it is not turning on. Tried the following:

1. Kept power button pressed for over 10 s - nothing happened. (Did this while keeping the phone on and off charging)

2. Pressed volume down button and simultaneously inserted the charger. Nothing happened.

I read these on some Motorola forum. Is there anything else that I can try to diagnose the problem?

It has been kept on charge for over an hour now but no signs of life. What could be the possible issue? 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,055
Message 2 of 23

Re: moto one power not turning on

@mnarang wrote:

Hi,

My moto one power is about 5 months old. It has been working fine till last night. I left the phone with around 45% battery in it. When I woke up it is not turning on. Tried the following:

1. Kept power button pressed for over 10 s - nothing happened. (Did this while keeping the phone on and off charging)

2. Pressed volume down button and simultaneously inserted the charger. Nothing happened.

I read these on some Motorola forum. Is there anything else that I can try to diagnose the problem?

It has been kept on charge for over an hour now but no signs of life. What could be the possible issue? 

Hi.

Try holding the power and volume down buttons down for 10-15 seconds. If that doesn't work, try plugging the phone into your PC.

When it's plugged in are you seeing the charging sign of life?

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
mnarang
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,046
Message 3 of 23

Hi Matt,

Nothing happened. I tried both.

On connecting the phone with laptop and desktop it gave an error that the device may have malfunctioned. What could be the reason for this?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,042
Message 4 of 23

@mnarang wrote:

Hi Matt,

Nothing happened. I tried both.

On connecting the phone with laptop and desktop it gave an error that the device may have malfunctioned. What could be the reason for this?

I really don't know. Sounds like a complete failure if there is no sign of life when you plug it in to charge. But if you are getting an error, I wonder if the phone is actually on and the display has failed?  Can you post a screenshot of the error?

What happens if you call the phone from another? Does it ring, or do you get an "unavailable" message?

With so little feedback from the phone, I think that submitting it for repair might be your best route now. 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
mnarang
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,031
Message 5 of 23

If the display would have failed I would get a vibration when I put it on charge. There was absolutely nothing.

I called up from another number and it said the phone has been 'switched off'.

To get the screenshot of the error message I connected the phone to my laptop again. This time it did not get detected at all. I think I will take it for repair only Smiley Sad 

mnarang
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,030
Message 6 of 23

Thanks for guiding me through this, Matt. Appreciate it!

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 979
Message 7 of 23

@mnarang wrote:

Thanks for guiding me through this, Matt. Appreciate it!

Sorry we couldn't revive it, and you had to deal with this. 

- Matt

mnarang
Fanfold Paper
Views: 967
Message 8 of 23

You could not have done anything more than this remotely.

I showed this phone at the service centre, and they say it has a duplicate screen. But I did not get the screen/display replaced in the 5 months of purchase. I don't know what is the issue with the phone and how come does it have a duplicate display.

I dont know if this is the right place to give feedback, but I am highly disappointed with the service. And also the behavior of the staff was just pathetic. It was Motorola Authorised Service Centre in Kotla, New Delhi, India.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 949
Message 9 of 23

@mnarang wrote:

You could not have done anything more than this remotely.

I showed this phone at the service centre, and they say it has a duplicate screen. But I did not get the screen/display replaced in the 5 months of purchase. I don't know what is the issue with the phone and how come does it have a duplicate display.

I dont know if this is the right place to give feedback, but I am highly disappointed with the service. And also the behavior of the staff was just pathetic. It was Motorola Authorised Service Centre in Kotla, New Delhi, India.

So, they say the screen isn't original? Did you buy the phone new?

- Matt

mnarang
Fanfold Paper
Views: 940
Message 10 of 23

Yes I bought this phone new. I bought this online. Now I don't know if the screen is original or duplicate, How am I supposed to know if its original or not?

Top Kudoed Authors