Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gautham101
Blue Screen Again
Views: 280
Message 111 of 115

Fingerprint sensor triggered when phone is idle

I have observed this a while back and thought it must have been a monthly update issue. But it keeps happening often. The finger print sensor detects something and shows error when the phone Is lying idle for sometime on the table or any surface. Is it a bug in the sensor or should I be worried about a possible virus?please help.

Former Employee
Views: 272
Message 112 of 115

Re: Fingerprint sensor triggered when phone is idle

@Gautham101 wrote:

I have observed this a while back and thought it must have been a monthly update issue. But it keeps happening often. The finger print sensor detects something and shows error when the phone Is lying idle for sometime on the table or any surface. Is it a bug in the sensor or should I be worried about a possible virus?please help.

Hi Gautham101,

Thank you for reporting, may I know if you have already tried the above steps mentioned in this thread--such as;

• Making sure you have tried removing the screen protector/case cover on your device if you are using one?
  • Make sure to clean the FPS with the soft dry cloth to see if that makes any difference?
  • How frequently do you see this?
  • Are you able to remove and set your device Fingerprint again to see if that makes any difference? 
  • For more information please click here: https://support.motorola.com/in/en/solution/MS132806

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. Settings > Systems > Motorola Privacy > Enable.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
JustinStuff
Blue Screen Again
Views: 183
Message 113 of 115

Re: "Fingerprint sensor is dirty. Please clean and try again" error on one power

I have a 6 month old Moto X4 WITH the latest updates, there are NONE in the que to install and my phone which is in MINT NEW condition has started having this problem within the last few days!!  

I had one finger imprint registered on the phone, but when I cut that finger I thought I had been add another finger imprint (my Thumb) and the process REFUSED to take it alway citing "Sensor is dirty please clean it" or to that effect.  Well the sensor is NOT dirty, I've cleaned it with a Micro Cloth and soft Cotton cloth and still the same and now it's happening off and on with the primary FP registered too!!

So what the excuse that this is happening with the latest Updates installed??  I've had previous model Motorola phones and everyone has had bugs and software defects and I'm really getting tired of this.

JustinStuff
Blue Screen Again
Views: 70
Message 114 of 115

Re: "Fingerprint sensor is dirty. Please clean and try again" error on one power

BS!! The problem IS NOT SOLVED!!  I just spent an HOUR on the phone with the Phillipines Lenovo Worthless support about this inability ADD another Fingerprint file an those idiots have never even been told about his problem!!

They Erased the ONE fingerprint file that DID WORK and now I can't add ANYTHING !! I've had ALL the updates including Pie 9 and a recent security update last week (11.;26.2019) and THERE IS NO CHANGE!!  I still get the same **bleep** "Dirty Fingerprint sensor" Error even though I've cleaned, cleaned, cleaned again it, my finges and NOTHING!!

Motorola has gone to CRAP since Google Bought it and even WORSE since worthless CCP controlled  Lenovo bought it!  I will NEVER recommend a Motorola phone to anyone, even my worst enemy!

Highlighted
JustinStuff
Blue Screen Again
Views: 68
Message 115 of 115

BS!! The problem IS NOT SOLVED!!  I just spent an HOUR on the phone with the Phillipines Lenovo Worthless support about this inability ADD another Fingerprint file an those idiots have never even been told about his problem!!

They Erased the ONE fingerprint file that DID WORK and now I can't add ANYTHING !! I've had ALL the updates including Pie 9 and a recent security update last week (11.;26.2019) and THERE IS NO CHANGE!!  I still get the same **bleep** "Dirty Fingerprint sensor" Error even though I've cleaned, cleaned, cleaned again it, my finges and NOTHING!!

Motorola has gone to CRAP since Google Bought it and even WORSE since worthless CCP controlled  Lenovo bought it!  I will NEVER recommend a Motorola phone to anyone, even my worst enemy!

Top Kudoed Authors