Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,163
Message 11 of 110

Re: [Motorola One Power] Proximity sensor triggers fingerprint scanner

Hi.

I did not receive it and it's my fault. I gave you the wrong address! It's motforum@motorola.com. (No s.)

So sorry.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
TaurusSplat
Serial Port
Views: 1,150
Message 12 of 110

Hi Matt,

No worries! I've sent the email to the new address.

Thanks!

TaurusSplat
Serial Port
Views: 1,096
Message 13 of 110

Matt,

Felt this was worth mentioning. There was an update available today, and I installed it. After that, the error message changed from "Fingerprint not recognized" to "Fingerprint sensor is dirty. Please clean and try again".  I had seen this error message even before the update, but not as frequently. Now it's appearing regularly, seemingly as though in favour of the other one.

ArJuNAcHuu
Punch Card
Views: 1,056
Message 14 of 110

I have the same prblem, after the update its showing "Fingerprint sensor is dirty. Please clean and try again" Smiley Sad .. any solution

Motorola Admin
Views: 1,040
Message 15 of 110

@TaurusSplat wrote:

Matt,

Felt this was worth mentioning. There was an update available today, and I installed it. After that, the error message changed from "Fingerprint not recognized" to "Fingerprint sensor is dirty. Please clean and try again".  I had seen this error message even before the update, but not as frequently. Now it's appearing regularly, seemingly as though in favour of the other one.

Hey, finally got the video -- thanks for sending.

Is it possible that there is also a protective cling on the FPS sensor on your phone? We often ship them with those on the camera lens, display, etc.

How does the FPS work otherwise?

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
ArJuNAcHuu
Punch Card
Views: 1,033
Message 16 of 110

There is no protective cling on the FPS sensor on the phone..

Mystic978
Fanfold Paper
Views: 999
Message 17 of 110

I also  have the same problem, after the update its showing "Fingerprint sensor is dirty. Please clean and try again"

Please do necessary update for solving it as soon as possible 

TaurusSplat
Serial Port
Views: 982
Message 18 of 110

Confirming there is no protective cling for the fingerprint sensor. Like you can see in the video, there's some unknown link between the proximity sensor and the fingerprint sensor. The fingerprint sensor itself doesn't malfunction when trying to unlock. There is however the problem that because the fingerprint sensor is triggered quite frequently, and the phone thinks they all are unauthorized unlock attempts, the fingerprint unlock gets deactivated and we have to use the regular screen lock before it is available again.

Motorola Admin
Views: 939
Message 19 of 110

@TaurusSplat wrote:

Confirming there is no protective cling for the fingerprint sensor. Like you can see in the video, there's some unknown link between the proximity sensor and the fingerprint sensor. The fingerprint sensor itself doesn't malfunction when trying to unlock. There is however the problem that because the fingerprint sensor is triggered quite frequently, and the phone thinks they all are unauthorized unlock attempts, the fingerprint unlock gets deactivated and we have to use the regular screen lock before it is available again.

This does not sound unreasonable. So the first thing to try is to remove that cling from the front, like I suggested before. 

Thanks,

- Matt

TaurusSplat
Serial Port
Views: 919
Message 20 of 110

ArJuNAcHuu suggested turning off Moto Display. That solution worked for him, and so far, it seems to be working for me too. But now there's no subtle notification system, which isn't ideal. I'd still like to keep watch and see whether the problem is actually resolved, because there are some stretches where I've noticed the problem doesn't surface for a while, but then it suddenly just starts as though it was always a problem. Could it be a bug with Moto Display?

Top Kudoed Authors