Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zohair_A
Fanfold Paper
Views: 799
Message 21 of 100

Re: [Motorola One Power] Proximity sensor triggers fingerprint scanner

Hi Matt,

I am facing the same issue with my device. The problem started after the the latest sept security patch update. 

I have also observed one thing that when this issue occurs if we touch the body around the fingerprint sensor it has the slight vibration as if it it has start detecting fingerprint.

TaurusSplat
Serial Port
Views: 752
Message 22 of 100

Hi Matt,

Hope you had a good weekend!

Wanted to confirm that after turning Moto Display off, I haven't faced the issue. Looks like it must be a bug with that app/service.

Zohair_A
Fanfold Paper
Views: 746
Message 23 of 100

I think turning Moto Display off doesnt solve the issue. Because Fingerprint is getting triggered in backend just in this case we are not getting notified by error on UI.

TaurusSplat
Serial Port
Views: 714
Message 24 of 100

Zohair,

I'm not so sure. Earlier, the fingerprint sensor would get triggered so many times with the 'wrong fingerprint' that the phone would lock out that option and a screen unlock was required to reactivate it. After turning Moto Display off, that's no longer required, so I don't think the false triggers are happening now. My guess as to what's going on is that Moto Display might have some periodic functions running, and some fingerprint-related ones might be running erroneously.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 681
Message 25 of 100

@TaurusSplat wrote:

Zohair,

I'm not so sure. Earlier, the fingerprint sensor would get triggered so many times with the 'wrong fingerprint' that the phone would lock out that option and a screen unlock was required to reactivate it. After turning Moto Display off, that's no longer required, so I don't think the false triggers are happening now. My guess as to what's going on is that Moto Display might have some periodic functions running, and some fingerprint-related ones might be running erroneously.

Hey.

Thanks for the update on this. However, I have Moto Display on and I'm not seeing this issue. I don't think we checked this on Safe Mode, did we? Now I'm wondering if this is some kind of 3rd-party interference.

To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Also, hate to keep asking, but did you remove the screen cling?

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
TaurusSplat
Serial Port
Views: 645
Message 26 of 100

I have now removed the screen cling and reactivated Moto Display. Let me monitor how it behaves. If the issue still persists, we can try the Safe Mode test.

ArJuNAcHuu
Punch Card
Views: 614
Message 27 of 100

Any Change after Removing the screen cling ???
ArJuNAcHuu
Punch Card
Views: 614
Message 28 of 100

Any Change after Removing the screen cling ???

TaurusSplat
Serial Port
Views: 577
Message 29 of 100

So it's been about 24 hours now since removing the screen cling, and there's definitely a reduction in the frequency of the issue, but it definitely happened once, and I think I might have seen it one other time, but not so sure. So while I can't say for certain that the issue has been resolved, I can positively say removing the screen cling has helped a great deal.

M121
Blue Screen Again
Views: 541
Message 30 of 100

The display shows your finger print reader is dirty, clean it and try again.when device is normal condition.i have nothing install thirdparty security and back cover all so  please assist me.

Onemore problem when  ereophone jack inserts the volumes goes zero all apps are struck,does not open. Please slove sir

Top Kudoed Authors