AE

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 4

Chirping Noise

2020-10-26, 15:36 PM

Hello,

My new phone is randomly making 'double chirping' noise every now and then. This phone was backed up from my Motorola G7 Power, so it has all the apps. I double checked all the notifications and turned off the NFC but it keeps making the same noise even when the phone is on silent or DND mode! I could not find this 'chirping' sound on the notification setting, so it looks like it's a factory built in sound. The sound is very similar to the Emergency Broadcast notification on my Motorola G7 Power, however there was no Emergency Broadcast received. Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance.

Options

11395 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1163 Signins

157735 Page Views

• Views: 157735
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Chirping Noise

2020-10-26, 18:14 PM

Hi Motorola User,

This is odd. It's possible the notification sound is coming from a third-party app. Can you please observe if you'll get the same notification in safe mode?

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

7 Posts

10-26-2020

AE

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-10-28, 15:36 PM

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I forgot to mention, occasionally after the chirping sound the phone goes to DND mode. It happens at least 5 times a day.

Options

2460 Posts

03-11-2019

US

631 Signins

46375 Page Views

• Views: 46375
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-10-29, 13:12 PM

Hi Motorola User,

Try performing a factory data reset with no restore. We would also like a bug report on this if it happens after the reset. 

Here is a link on how to perform a factory data reset: https://support.motorola.com/in/en/solution/MS139865

Steps on how to generate a Bug Report:
Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings ->System -> Advanced -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> System -> Advanced ->Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link of the Bug Report via Private Message.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken.
Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete