01-17-2021

Belgium

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 5

Moto One Vision Won't Charge, Turn On

2021-01-17, 5:55 AM

I was out in the cold yesterday (-4 C) and my Moto One Vision + (14 months old) suddenly went from 18% to shutting down. The phone didn't get wet and until then it had been working perfectly. When I tried to turn it on again, it the andoidone logo would go on for a few seconds, then it would go black again. I did it twice. The third time, the screen showed "0%".

When I got home and tried to charge it, nothing happened. I tried my usual charger and another one and also connecting to computer with the same results. Computer won't even recognize the device. Even after being plugged in for an hour there was no change.

Long pressing power key just brings up the 0% screen.

BOOTLOADER

I can access the bootloader menu by holding down Vol Down + Power Key ONLY if the phone is unplugged. 

Once in bootloader mode, the message on the screen says "Battery Low" in red. If I plug it in again, this message changes to "Battery OK (charging)" and green. 

However, even if I leave it in bootloader mode and plugged in, once I unplug it to try to turn it on with power button, all I get is "0%".

If I try to select START, RECOVERY MODE or FACTORY MODE while UNPLUGGED > the screen will display "0%"

If I plug it in while in bootloader and select START or RECOVERY MODE > the phone will just freeze in bootloader and I have to unplug it to be able to open bootloader again.

If I plug it in while in bootloader and select FACTORY MODE > the phone will show the "androidone" logo on a white screen and vibrate once briefly (one time it vibrated twice), but it will eventually go black again after a few seconds.

If the phone is off and I plug it in, then holding down the power key won't do anything (not even the "0%" message) and it won't access bootloader.

Any ideas? I've scoured the forums but I didn't seem to find a solution that worked for me. Notice that all the other options in the bootloader (show barcodes, log) work fine.

Thanks!

Options

1554 Posts

08-15-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

524 Signins

13360 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 13360
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Moto One Vision Won't Charge, Turn On

2021-01-17, 16:02 PM

High temp could kill a battery but very low temp would only drain a battery IME.

I suppose if the battery was on its last legs it might kill it but -4° C is not extreme cold.

You did wait for phone to get back to room temp before testing?

■ I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. ■
Options

2 Posts

01-17-2021

Belgium

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-01-17, 17:27 PM
Hi Cuddly, thanks for your reply. I did, yes... And it's been 24 hours and nothing. As I said, the status info in the bootloader menu says that it's charging; however, when I exit the menu and try to turn on it says 0%, even if it's been "charging" for many hours...
Options

1554 Posts

08-15-2020

524 Signins

13360 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2021-01-17, 17:57 PM

I'm thinking cold was not a factor, just coincidental to a charging hardware malfunction. Waiting for a tech team response.

■ I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position. ■
Options

1554 Posts

08-15-2020

524 Signins

13360 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-01-17, 18:22 PM

Tech team advice is send it for repair. 

https://motorola-global-en-roe.custhelp.com/app/utils/prod_guided_assistant/g_id/5452/

Let us know how you get on.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms