Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erretter
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,130
Message 11 of 28

Re: Android 10 for Motorola One Vision

That's excactly what is the worst thing in this matter. That "Android One" story they told us...

The label "Android One" is supposed to be a guarantee of fast and reliable updates of the Android system.

If things are still running that slow as they do since years, this would mean the whole "Android One" label is completly worthless and nothing more then a marketing lie.

I am truly disappointed.

Highlighted
Moaki
Punch Card
Views: 3,094
Message 12 of 28

Be patient, android 10 isn't even released a whole month and you are already disappointed?
If you wanted FAST updates, you needed to buy the Pixel phone.
Android One never promised FAST updates, they promised 3 years worth of timely security updates and 2 years of software updates.
The security updates arrive within the month after they are released, you can't expect that from a whole new OS version.
The developers won't give out any release dates, so stop complaining about this. 
Android One was developed to be able to deliver updates easier than vendor customised phones.

It took Motorola 6 months to update their previous flagship to android pie (10 months for the US versions!)
The previous Moto One phones received their pie updates after 41 (Moto One Power) and 53 (Moto One) days !
Examples for other vendors:
Samsungs flagship S8 took 210 days to receive the first major update, the S9 took 178 days.
LG's flagship took over a year to update!
The OnePlus OxygenOs 9 came after 48 days.

So Motorola/Lenovo are not all that bad compared to the rest...

ernstlu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,989
Message 13 of 28

There is not even any new security patches out. Last one was in august and now october is right around the corner

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 2,987
Message 14 of 28

The August update also came on the last 2 days of August (depends on the country I guess). So I am still hoping it will arive before Tuesday.

rafa_elds
SCSI Port
Views: 2,954
Message 15 of 28

I didn't know the September patch has not been released in all of Europe. I just checked and it's indeed not mention on the German support page, but it is on the "rest of Europe" one: https://motorola-global-en-roe.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/143788/p/30,10766,10...

It was released simultaneously in Brazil and I've already received it. So the good news is it's probably going to be rolled out to Germany very shortly. The bad news is that no major bugs were fixed. I've been using it for three days now and there is no noticeable change.
rafa_elds
SCSI Port
Views: 2,950
Message 16 of 28

The Moto Z2 Play only got Android Pie on September 26th 2019, that is, 416 days after the OS release date. Of course, we have to bear in mind that it was originally shipped with Android 7.1.1, so it was its second major OS update.
Still, 416 days is a lot. Too much. Following this trend, if Motorola One devices take more than a year to receive their second OS update they will probably only get the update past the three-year monthly support time-frame.
I am worried. I would definitely go for a Pixel device if I could, but they are sold only on select markets and never shipped overseas.
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 2,933
Message 17 of 28

Thanks for the info. I will try my VPN with different countries. Worked for the August update. Says it fixes connectivity issues and I have a lot of them Smiley Wink

@rafa_elds wrote:
I didn't know the September patch has not been released in all of Europe. I just checked and it's indeed not mention on the German support page, but it is on the "rest of Europe" one: https://motorola-global-en-roe.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/143788/p/30,10766,10...

It was released simultaneously in Brazil and I've already received it. So the good news is it's probably going to be rolled out to Germany very shortly. The bad news is that no major bugs were fixed. I've been using it for three days now and there is no noticeable change.

ngoc1414
Paper Tape
Views: 2,862
Message 18 of 28

Do you notice annoying bugs still present in android 10 (Pixel) ? I prefer something well-tested and reliable.
rafa_elds
SCSI Port
Views: 2,841
Message 19 of 28

I don't have access to a Pixel device, but from what I heard there are some bugs indeed. Especially a huge one related to a memory leak that wasn't even going to be fixed before a major update (it's not known if that means Android 11 or 10.1) but that now is back on the to-do list.
Let's just hope that when we do get our Android 10 update it will be working well.
Dorathoto
What's DOS?
Views: 2,440
Message 20 of 28

I disagree
As consumers we should put pressure on the company, if it feels comfortable it will update in 10 months, if it feels that it is a pressure, a consumer need will be in 1 week.

See how Motorolla fits each market (China, India, USA, Europe, Brazil) each country has some different characteristics as consumers are different (different requirements).

I believe that pushing Lenovo to upgrade its Motorolla One phones is critical.

Top Kudoed Authors