Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one vision
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

09-03-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

17 Signins

75 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 75
  • Message 1 of 54

Android 11 Bluetooth + Sync 3 (Car Infosystem) = Unreliable Connection

2021-09-03, 15:06 PM

I updated my Vision One to version 11, and since then the phone connects and disconnects from my car radio every 8 to 10 seconds.I have tried restarting the phone, re-pairing the phone, and clearing the bluetooth cache. Still does not work.

I have a second vehicle, so on the weekend I will see if the problem is there as well.

Note: Subject edited and created a new thread -Sandip

Options

9 Posts

09-03-2021

17 Signins

75 Page Views

• Message 2 of 54

Android 11 Bluetooth + Sync 3 (Car Infosystem) = Unreliable Connection

2021-09-03, 15:06 PM

Some Details first

Moto One Vision (unlocked NOT rooted)

Android Version 11 (Finally got this OTA update ~1week ago)

Current Software Version: RSAS31.Q1-48-36-11

Security patch: 1 August 2021

Bluetooth device trying to connect to: Car Info entertainment

History:
The phone has connected to the car without any problems via Bluetooth since having the car's from new (2018) while being on the original Android version it came with & other firmware follow-ups UNTIL android 11 update last week (24th Aug 2021).

After the Android 11 update my Phone connection 'disappeared' so I removed both phone details from SYNC 3 and 'Ford C-MAX' from Phones 'Previously Connected devices' & re-pair - everything (seemed) to connect fine & I could use car's controls to answer phone calls, stream music from phone etc

This week (31st Aug/1 Sept) I received a 'Security Update' sometime overnight & the following day I discovered my phone was not showing on the SYNC 3 in the car, so tried manually reconnecting. It went & Connected/Disconnect/Reconnect around 4-5 times before SYNC 3 complained that a steady Bluetooth connection could not be achieved.

Around this time - on the phone - I get a 'Bluetooth has stopped' popup with 'wait' & 'close' options

Also during the connect/disconnect cycle - the phone also came up with 'Allow access to messages - An untrusted Bluetooth device Ford C-max want to access your messages You haven't connected to Ford C-Max before' - to which I tap 'Allow' each time it popped up

However despite all this bluetooth connection eventually fails

I've googled & tried many of the suggestions found

- Turn on/off bluetooth (on both Car and phone)

- Clear bluetooth cache/data on phone

- Unpaired/Repair (or attempt to) the phone with the car

- Tried connecting with WiFi turned OFF (I saw an article stating Wifi & Bluetooth uses same 2.4Ghz frequency)

- Followed most of the steps suggested by Motorola Support (not done stuff like 'factory reset of phone' - this I consider a 'Last Resort'

- Tried 'reset network/bluetooth/wifi' option on phone 
- Went into Phones 'Developer mode' & tried all 'Bluetooth AVRCP versions' and 'Bluetooth MAP versions'

Each time the same thing happens - it attempts several times to connect/disconnects then I get the 'unstable connection' message on SYNC 3 & 'Bluetooth has stopped' & 'Allow access to messages' popups on phone

I don't think it's anything to do with my Car's SYNC 3 system since the phone connected fine BEFORE the Android 11 & Security updates.

I don't think its anything to do with the Bluetooth hardware of the phone - since it connects fine with my Amazefit Bip watch, & 3 different types of Bluetooth earphones/ear buds just fine AND without ANY music dropoff/disconnects etc 

I've also read that Android 11 bluetooth connections problems have existed since February - not just on Motorola phones, but others like Samsung & even Google Pixl phones, so I suspect this is an Andorid 11 problem & NOT my car or Motorola phone at fault

Curious to know if anyone else is having same/similar problems &/or they've found a permanent fix

Edit: I've also noticed the 'Enable gabeldorsche' option in developer mode & google searches seem to indicate this 'helps' bluetooth stability

- I've just turned it on, however not tested it (yet) to see if THIS improves stability.. will update after I get in car & test

EDIT #2: Nope seems like enabling gabeldorsche' doen't inprove anything.
In fact after re-removing every connected bluetooth device / resetting cache/data AGAIN - now it seems my phone cannot connect to any other bluetooth device.

It might see it & you get the popups to check code is same on both devices - but it just won't connect.
Also I KNOW my SYNC 3 is OK as I tried another (older) Android phone (has Android 8 on) & that connected just fine

Options

23 Posts

01-09-2019

Argentina

18 Signins

279 Page Views

• Views: 279
  • Message 3 of 54

Re:Wi-Fi issue after the 11 update

2021-09-03, 15:56 PM

soy de Buenos Aires -Argentina , Todavía no se actualizo el A11 , será bueno esperar un poco y recibirlo sin fallas ???

Options

9 Posts

07-07-2021

Canada

17 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 4 of 54

2021-09-03, 18:34 PM
sí, a menos que no tenga un vehículo
Options

736 Posts

02-18-2019

United States of America

101 Signins

7764 Page Views

• Views: 7764
  • Message 5 of 54

Re:Android 11 Bluetooth + Sync 3 (Car Infosystem) = Unreliable Connection

2021-09-04, 17:54 PM

Hi @ CannonFoddr ,

I can see that you've done some research and troubleshooting. I will try my best to help you further with this.

Please try pairing your phone and car system while the phone is in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode will temporarily disable your third party apps and will only run the basic system software and pre-loaded apps. It will not delete any of your files.

To start your phone in Safe mode:

1. Press and hold the power key.
2. Press and hold Power off , then tap OK to restart in Safe mode. When the phone restarts, you will see Safe Mode at the bottom of the Home screen and the widgets will be grayed out.
3. Use the phone while in Safe mode to check if the problem persists. Remember that you will not be able to use downloaded applications.
4. To exit Safe mode, restart your phone.

Regards,
Mary
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

4 Posts

09-04-2021

Canada

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 6 of 54

2021-09-04, 21:45 PM

I am experiencing the exact same problems. Mine started when I updated with the security patch for August 1. Exact same symptoms with sync 3 on my f150. I connected and disconnected the phone so many times I just erased it on both ends and left it disconnected for now.

Options

9 Posts

09-03-2021

17 Signins

75 Page Views

• Message 7 of 54

2021-09-05, 8:35 AM

Hmm, 2 people having the exact same problem AFTER the 1 August security update....

Could THIS be the real reason for our problems? 

I don't know what 'security updates' contains, but maybe Ford's SYNC hasn't been included as a 'trusted source' & so gets disconnected (could be why I get the 'unknown Bluetooth Ford C-max' message popup) 

I will try the safe mode mentioned above first, although I'm pretty sure I've tried safe mode before at some point during my attempts - just maybe not with the car but with the phone pairing

Options

9 Posts

07-07-2021

Canada

17 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 8 of 54

2021-09-05, 21:33 PM

I tried to connect to the Kenwood  KW-R940BTS unit in my truck, and the connection is stable, but I cannot "talk" to the phone.  When I press phone on the radio, I get recent calls shown on the radio which I can select from and make a call, or I can get my Contact list and select someone to call.

The radio does answer incoming calls.

I tried again with the car, a 2010 Cadillac CTS, and after pairing, everything seems to work correctly, but only for 10 seconds, long enough to say a number, but not long enough for the call to be made.

Options

9 Posts

07-07-2021

Canada

17 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 9 of 54

2021-09-05, 21:45 PM

I tried resetting the network and bluetooth using the instructions here: tengo un problema en mi ONE FUSION no me dectecta el wifi para nada y no se puede conectar a ninguno ni siquiera me salen las redes wifi y ademas la liena telefonica tampoco me funciona, la tarjeta sim no me la decteta para nada

and no change.

Options

3692 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1241 Signins

59510 Page Views

• Views: 59510
  • Message 10 of 54

2021-09-06, 5:50 AM

@ CannonFoddr wrote:

Hmm, 2 people having the exact same problem AFTER the 1 August security update....

Could THIS be the real reason for our problems? 

I don't know what 'security updates' contains, but maybe Ford's SYNC hasn't been included as a 'trusted source' & so gets disconnected (could be why I get the 'unknown Bluetooth Ford C-max' message popup) 

I will try the safe mode mentioned above first, although I'm pretty sure I've tried safe mode before at some point during my attempts - just maybe not with the car but with the phone pairing

Hi, 

as suggested can you please try to check the same in safe mode and let us know how it goes. 

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms