Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one vision
All Forum Topics
Options

3935 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1255 Signins

61740 Page Views

• Views: 61740
  • Message 11 of 82

Re:Bluetooth disconnection

2021-09-06, 6:27 AM

@ zzz12345 wrote:

I updated my Vision One to version 11, and since then the phone connects and disconnects from my car radio every 8 to 10 seconds.I have tried restarting the phone, re-pairing the phone, and clearing the bluetooth cache. Still does not work.

I have a second vehicle, so on the weekend I will see if the problem is there as well.

Note: Subject edited and created a new thread -Sandip

Hi, 

I am using Google Translate, so I apologize for any grammar or spelling errors. Can you test in Safe Mode and let me know if it behaves the same? Safe Mode will start the device without third-party applications running. To boot into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, touch and hold Power off, touch OK when Reboot to Safe Mode appears. Restart the device to get out of Safe Mode.

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

11 Posts

09-03-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

19 Signins

80 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 80
  • Message 12 of 82

Re:Android 11 Bluetooth + Sync 3 (Car Infosystem) = Unreliable Connection

2021-09-06, 10:21 AM

Firstly apologise for not getting back earlier - I was away for the weekend & didn't have access to my car during that time

Anyway, today (Monday) I did what was asked & tried [Safe Mode] - guess what - no change..

Phone & Car will 'see' each other, request PIN is identical etc but then I get the Connect/Disconnect issue as well as the 'Bluetooth stopped' + 'Untrusted Bluetooth device' messages on phone as I did before.

There was a small difference though with the car message (main part of attached photo)
- whether this is because before I had engine running (but parked....naturally) but when I tried the safe mode 'test' today I only had the accessories power on without the engine running - I don't know if this makes a difference

All I know is that on the phone I had allowed access to contacts (as shown in the attached photo at the bottom), they 'see' each other & they do try to attach/pair a couple of times but then Bluetooth stops/crashes - which is probably why Car can't access contacts etc.

I even turned off/on bluetooth to try &  reset it to allow connection with car, but it just goes through the connect/disconnect again before Bluetooth stopping again
AND I also restarted the phone both back into safe mode AND normal mode & tried again with the bluetooth... same thing
Even turned OFF Wifi/Mobile Data & even had it in Airplane mode with bluetooth only on - same thing/errors

BTW I even deleted previous C-max connection & cleared Bluetooth cache before attempting 'Safe Mode' connection.

Didn't clear Bluetooth Data & that is why you can see other devices in the photo that attached OK (I made a mistake before saying these didn't connect - they did/do & I can transfer photos between them). Those are mobile phones, the 'P10' in on Android 8 while the 'G6 Play' is on Android 9 (it was the P10 I tried earlier to connect to car as a test & this connected & stayed connected just fine)

Options

4 Posts

09-04-2021

Canada

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 13 of 82

2021-09-06, 15:43 PM

Same experience with safe boot, doesn't help.

Options

11 Posts

07-07-2021

Canada

20 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 14 of 82

2021-09-06, 20:29 PM

In safe mode, the bluetooth connection is stable, but calls initiated by the radio do not actually dial.  Is this normal in safe mode?

Options

3935 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1255 Signins

61740 Page Views

• Message 15 of 82

2021-09-08, 3:23 AM

@ zzz12345 wrote:

In safe mode, the bluetooth connection is stable, but calls initiated by the radio do not actually dial.  Is this normal in safe mode?

Hi, 

Thank you for checking in safe mode, we would like to inform you that enable the mobile connection otherwise it disables the calls and likely wouldn't work.  So test again in safe mode and please make sure that you manually enable the mobile network. 

Regards

Sandip

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3935 Posts

03-04-2016

India

1255 Signins

61740 Page Views

• Message 16 of 82

2021-09-08, 4:17 AM

@ NS_Sens wrote:

Same experience with safe boot, doesn't help.

Hi CannonFoddr   and NS_Sens 

We would like to ask for a bug report in order for us to investigate further. The bug report will collect information about your current device state and Car make, model, year. Below are the steps to capture a bug report.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive
9. Open the File Manager app on your phone and tap on Local on the top right. Browse to internal.
10. Upload the btsnoop_hci.log to your Google Drive as well
11. Share the link to the BugReport and btsnoop_hci.log on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
12. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.
13. One completed to Settings-> Developer options -> Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle Off

Regards

Sandip

Options

11 Posts

07-07-2021

Canada

20 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 17 of 82

2021-09-08, 13:47 PM

i tried yesterday to connect to the car in normal mode, and the connection was stable, however, I was unable to make a call.

Same result as in safe mode.  I can dictate the number to call, but the call never gets initiated, and the radio returns to music.

I have since moved the sim card to a Samsung A5, as I cannot be without a hands free environment.

Options

428 Posts

07-22-2016

Cyprus

1006 Signins

5553 Page Views

• Views: 5553
  • Message 18 of 82

2021-09-08, 14:16 PM

Yep I'm having the same issues, I'm using Motorola vervebuds 100, it either disconnect or won't connect at all and I have to connect it manually

Options

11 Posts

09-03-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

19 Signins

80 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 80
  • Message 19 of 82

2021-09-08, 14:27 PM

Thank you for getting back to me about this.

I (tried) following your advice & I include a link to the bug report despite your instruction telling me ''Settings ->Developer options ->'' when in fact it's "Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Developer options ->"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OueCGIJ-aDUbWPqvJAnpxURBHyzEm5ew/view?usp=sharing

However - even with 'Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log' set to 'Enabled' I am unable to find the 'btsnoop_hci.log' file either 'internal' or on the SD card - which some Google results show it 'should' be located at '/sdcard/btsnoop_hci.log'

(Also Googling for 'missing btsnoop_hci' also seem to point me into using something called ADB & using a command prompt - way too complicated for me to understand)

As for 'provide observation of what you saw happen' I made a video clip and uploaded it Youtube (as 'unlisted' - Any problems with link let me know) so you can see what's happening (sorry for camera shake/Multi screen taps etc - I'm not left handed, had to mute the sound as well copyright music was playing & I don't want another 'strike' from Youtube)

https://youtu.be/Z84663Bwjs4

As you will (hopefully) see the pairing (first 50 seconds) work fine & is successful, but then it disconnects/disappears on phone (@57s)
@1:33 I try to reconnect the car entry on phone while the car is waiting
@1:39 car fails so I retry on car

@2:00 I checked on phone that all permissions are on, which you'll see they are until 2:05 when 'Phone calls' disable just as SYNC shows 'Connected to'
@2:17 I then get 'Bluetooth keeps stopping' message on phone & a notification a second later 'Message access request' 

I have to 'close app' to allow me to open the notification, which when opened shows the 'untrusted Bluetooth device Ford C-Max' message, which I 'allow'

Once again 'retry' on car again, after which it just goes through the same thing again & I gave up after the first attempt

Options

4 Posts

09-04-2021

Canada

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 20 of 82

2021-09-08, 15:56 PM

I sent you the logs, same issue as CannonFoddr though, don't know where to find the HCI log.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms