Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

motorola one Phonesmotorola one vision
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

09-03-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

19 Signins

80 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 80
  • Message 41 of 82

Re:Android 11 Bluetooth + Sync 3 (Car Infosystem) = Unreliable Connection

2021-09-17, 8:40 AM

@zzz12345 the reason is probably because 11 has overwritten android 10 with a 'clean install' & not as an 'upgrade' - a bit like when upgrading your windows pc.

Take an 'upgrade' path & a copy of your previous windows os is kept in case you want to roll back, but a 'clean install' does not make a backup

@omegzone. I suggest be patient - first they need to figure out what the root problem is, figure out a fix, test it doesn't F-up anything else (you would want the rest of bt to not work - would you?) THEN release a fix - hopefully by next security update they may've found a solution

Options

2191 Posts

11-24-2020

India

225 Signins

23490 Page Views

• Views: 23490
  • Message 42 of 82

2021-09-17, 8:44 AM

@ omegazone wrote:

So this issues continues without any resolve. The use of handsfree in the car is essential and this update has killed the phone and is not fit for purpose.

The next stage is changing my phone and moving to a different brand which is a shame as always been Motorola, but if they can not come up with a timely solution then this is something i shall have to do. 

Lets hope Motorola/Lenova start taking this issue seriously before they loose a lot of customer's.

I shall wait a few more days, then i will have no other choice but to replace my phone.

Hi, 

I totally understand the concern and I would like to inform our team is actively investigating this. However, I will follow up with our team to get an update as soon as possible. Once I learn more from the team I will get back to you. 

Your patience will be highly appreciated. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

11 Posts

07-07-2021

Canada

20 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 43 of 82

2021-09-17, 11:15 AM

@ CannonFoddr wrote:

@zzz12345 the reason is probably because 11 has overwritten android 10 with a 'clean install' & not as an 'upgrade' - a bit like when upgrading your windows pc.

Take an 'upgrade' path & a copy of your previous windows os is kept in case you want to roll back, but a 'clean install' does not make a backup

@omegzone. I suggest be patient - first they need to figure out what the root problem is, figure out a fix, test it doesn't F-up anything else (you would want the rest of bt to not work - would you?) THEN release a fix - hopefully by next security update they may've found a solution

One might assume then that it is possible to simply make Android 10 available as an upgrade.

And I do think that I now have an almost paid for brick.  I will be contacting Telus about a replacement.

Options

9 Posts

09-09-2021

13 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 44 of 82

2021-09-17, 11:50 AM
Hi, it would seem obvious to me that the issue is with the security patch 1....Simply roll it back to before the patch update and you guys can investigate what caused the issue before re releasing the security patch again. Cant be that difficult surely to undo something you have forced on us.
Options

5 Posts

09-17-2021

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 45 of 82

2021-09-17, 12:19 PM

I have the same issue, phone stopped working with my car (2017 Nissan) after either the Android 11 update or the latest security patch.  Constant pairing and disconnecting from the car, every 5 seconds or so, and is unusable.  I have factory reset the phone, removed apps, tried safe mode and everything I can think of and have been told to do.  I have reported to support via email a couple of weeks ago and waiting for the latest reply.  Stumbled across this thread and glad I did as now I know it's not just me with this problem but wanted to add my voice here so Lenovo/Motorola are aware many more people have this issue than they may be aware of.  I did try a friend's Samsung which has Android 11 and that did connect, and stay connected....

Options

2191 Posts

11-24-2020

India

225 Signins

23490 Page Views

• Views: 23490
  • Message 46 of 82

2021-09-20, 9:56 AM

@ sc24 wrote:

I have the same issue, phone stopped working with my car (2017 Nissan) after either the Android 11 update or the latest security patch.  Constant pairing and disconnecting from the car, every 5 seconds or so, and is unusable.  I have factory reset the phone, removed apps, tried safe mode and everything I can think of and have been told to do.  I have reported to support via email a couple of weeks ago and waiting for the latest reply.  Stumbled across this thread and glad I did as now I know it's not just me with this problem but wanted to add my voice here so Lenovo/Motorola are aware many more people have this issue than they may be aware of.  I did try a friend's Samsung which has Android 11 and that did connect, and stay connected....

Hi,

Thank you for taking time to report this. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you are going through. I have already escalated this with the concerned team to look at it and I have not received an update from the team. Please wait, as soon as I learn from them I will get back to you. 

Thanks

Sunitha 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

9 Posts

09-09-2021

13 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 47 of 82

2021-09-20, 10:28 AM
Unless this issue is resolved in the very near future, I will be reconsidering what manufacturer I will be upgrading my current phone. I don't want to spend many hundreds of pounds on a brick albeit a pretty new shiny one...A brick is a brick!
Options

9 Posts

09-08-2021

Canada

15 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 48 of 82

2021-09-20, 10:44 AM

Me to. I bought 3 of them for my family. Terrible decision now. 

Options

9 Posts

09-09-2021

13 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 49 of 82

2021-09-20, 10:51 AM
Whilst you are "working" on a solution ...please consider the following scenario... Due to hands free connection not possible in the car due to YOUR update, someone has an accident and causes a fatality, whilst using their MOTOROLA phone ....Imagine the bad press coverage!!! It could seriously impact your business..
Options

11 Posts

09-03-2021

19 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 50 of 82

2021-09-20, 14:45 PM

@Pault & Cujoe: If you do may I suggest NOT to buy either a Samsung, Nokia or Huawei.

I've have had more problems with these phones over the years than I have with Motorola.(With motorola this is the first problem I've ever had)

Nokia totally bricked my phone TWICE after an update! - my original phone & the replacement THEY gave me.

Huawei stopped any updates after just 1 year of them releasing it - but only in UK & USA, the rest of the world got updates

and Samsung were the worse....

I get an update & it 'broke' Wifi, Bluetooth, Mobile Data AND the OTG USB. All I could do was make phone calls

THEIR customer support (via phone calls & Emails) was totally useless as well..

All they kept saying was 'Download {this} to your phone' to which I kept telling them I COULDN'T because their last update broke any form of installations.

Even took the phone to a service shop & they couldn't do anything with it

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms